Are SUVs Safe Enough Without ABS?

ABS is an important unit if you are noob in driving world . In past there were no cars with ABS and you can see them on road some old cars running in perfect conditions.

To cope with slippery roads there are few things that comes handy in cars that includes Traction control , ABS etc etc

I have both in my car (1996 Model) .

ABS helps stopping but it also depends on your fate I guess! IF you stop ,others coming behind you might not in rain.

When you accelerate in slippery surface or in general conditions where you lack grip traction control turns on.

Don't trust these equipments man ,they do fail. ABS sensors also play up at times

@CN47: I had faced this situation of ABS malfunctioned once during my Goa drive buddy, it was like a rolling stone with no control.

As ABS was working at times , and wasn't working when ABS light blinked on ODO, it was a mix of both I faced at that time.

Without ABS the brake was hard when I pressed the pedal, it was throwing my leg against it.
The same with ABS working it was a slight tap, and car stopped in no time, especially in my driving conditions, a pot hole suddenly appears on a good road in Ghat section.

For one who has got used to ABS equipped vehicle would never like a non-ABS one.
This is what I feel.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-silver-43-000-kms-counting-15.html#post55163

Here was my experience on the same on my way to Goa.

@CN47: I had faced this situation of ABS malfunctioned once during my Goa drive buddy, it was like a rolling stone with no control.

As ABS was working at times , and wasn't working when ABS light blinked on ODO, it was a mix of both I faced at that time.

Without ABS the brake was hard when I pressed the pedal, it was throwing my leg against it.
The same with ABS working it was a slight tap, and car stopped in no time, especially in my driving conditions, a pot hole suddenly appears on a good road in Ghat section.

For one who has got used to ABS equipped vehicle would never like a non-ABS one.
This is what I feel.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-silver-43-000-kms-counting-15.html#post55163

Here was my experience on the same on my way to Goa.
that doesn't sound good
i've driven many cars with ABS equipped and non ABS ones. I have driven mostly sports and yes I've thrashed them. May be Mahindra doesn't have great braking.

My mate's Ford Fiesta ZETEC (Sports trim with tuned engine) had an ABS ISsue and we drove it like crazy . We were Redlining in each gear with ABS light on (sensor failed) and we stopped from 120 KMPH as well and had no troubles .

We sold that one after fixing ABS unit ( bought brand new for 400$) .

Mukesh It does depend on the Make of the vehicle too.

With or without ABS the brake pedal shouldn't feel hard. All cars these days have power brakes. Brakes are harder only if you don't have power brakes. If your car's break pedal seems very hard then it means that the problem could be due to an issue with the power braking system and not necessarily ABS.

Rafian I was thinking the same but then it comes to the engineering of the car . Every car manufacturer has different approach on how to setup the brakes. So I would think its with Mahindra , others not necessarily

Top Bottom