Are Maruti Genuine Accessories (MGA) Overpriced / Worth it?

[lol]
will that help avoiding wire splice or will that avoid getting it done on the car
[frustration]

i am planning ritz petrol and personally checked original MGA integrated for ritz and speakers

set costs me 12k

also power windows for front and central locking

costs me 10k

but everything has connectors

maruti guy informed it will take him 3 mins to install the music system and 10 mins for everything
For power windows blindly go with MGA. Its a relatively complex system and MGA power windows are installed in an excellent way.They look and work equally well too.

For stereo , i would recommend aftermarket since its an easy plug & play install .Any accessories guy will do it for you at a lower price than MGA without splicing wires.

I agree with PH here, yes for power windows and remote locking just blindly go with MGA(power windows of RD, remote locking of Nippon) which more reliable than after market. For music system you get a very good one outside with great price difference, but you need to tell the guys to use the clips system while fitment.

Yeah buddy gurrala74 said is perfect,go for MGA power windows,remote locking.
Rest music music system can be done aftermarket where you have variety of system to chose from at cheap cost.

Winters are coming and I am planning to install Fog Lights, need guidance here:
- Is Fog light that important and will it surely make a difference? (Delhi NCR is very foggy in Dec and Jan)
- I have heard Yellow/Golden light works well with Fog compared to Traditional Yellowish or white light, which one should I use?
- MGA quoted me 4K while off market quoted me around 1K and confirm that they will use clips only, is that any significant difference in Quality?
- Any other tip or things for me to be informed about?

For power windows blindly go with MGA. Its a relatively complex system and MGA power windows are installed in an excellent way.They look and work equally well too.

For stereo , i would recommend aftermarket since its an easy plug & play install .Any accessories guy will do it for you at a lower price than MGA without splicing wires.
Is the MGA system the Icats system?

Winters are coming and I am planning to install Fog Lights, need guidance here:
- Is Fog light that important and will it surely make a difference? (Delhi NCR is very foggy in Dec and Jan)
- I have heard Yellow/Golden light works well with Fog compared to Traditional Yellowish or white light, which one should I use?
- MGA quoted me 4K while off market quoted me around 1K and confirm that they will use clips only, is that any significant difference in Quality?
- Any other tip or things for me to be informed about?
The stock fog lamps aren't that great.They are too small to give any real benefit.But they are the easiest to fit and require no modifications.

As long as the aftermarket ones can be fitted without any cutting/splicing of wires then they can be used.Make sure they are sealed and do not let water in.

The MGA ones are Philips Crystal Vision for the Ertiga if I am not mistaken.

Yellow color light works best in bad weather,fog,rain etc.

If you want to keep the stock wattage of your headlights, you can try Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs.

Last edited:
Is the MGA system the Icats system?

The stock fog lamps aren't that great.They are too small to give any real benefit.But they are the easiest to fit and require no modifications.

As long as the aftermarket ones can be fitted without any cutting/splicing of wires then they can be used.Make sure they are sealed and do not let water in.

The MGA ones are Philips Crystal Vision for the Ertiga if I am not mistaken.

Yellow color light works best in bad weather,fog,rain etc.

If you want to keep the stock wattage of your headlights, you can try Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs.
Thanks for such a specific guidance and that too so early in Winter morning [clap]
I am running with stock wattage of headlights and I am pretty much ok with it (for city drive, I am yet to venture out with it on highways in night). I can go with MGA but MGA is quoting at 4K while off-market is quoting somewhere between 1K-1.5K, surely quality difference would be there but not sure if it's worth that much.

Thanks for such a specific guidance and that too so early in Winter morning [clap]
I am running with stock wattage of headlights and I am pretty much ok with it (for city drive, I am yet to venture out with it on highways in night). I can go with MGA but MGA is quoting at 4K while off-market is quoting somewhere between 1K-1.5K, surely quality difference would be there but not sure if it's worth that much.
As long as the aftermarket ones are a direct fit and the installation doesn't need any cutting/splicing of wires it will be ok.

After the installation is done splash a bucket of water on the foglamps if water enters the lamp ask for a replacement.Continue this process till you find suitable ones.

The huge price difference between Genuine accessories and aftermarket ones occurs with all car manufacturers.The worst part is the wave the warranty thing in your face to force you to go with genuine accessories.I believe the user should make the choice as per his/her requirements and budget.

PS:Correction the OEM foglamps for the Ertiga are not Philips.They are just called Vision Plus.Not sure what the make is.

You can buy the foglamps from an MGP shop instead of buying from the dealer.Enquire the prices from an MGP dealer in your area.You can find them at www.mgp.co.in

Last edited:
As long as the aftermarket ones are a direct fit and the installation doesn't need any cutting/splicing of wires it will be ok.

After the installation is done splash a bucket of water on the foglamps if water enters the lamp ask for a replacement.Continue this process till you find suitable ones.

The huge price difference between Genuine accessories and aftermarket ones occurs with all car manufacturers.The worst part is the wave the warranty thing in your face to force you to go with genuine accessories.I believe the user should make the choice as per his/her requirements and budget.

PS:Correction the OEM foglamps for the Ertiga are not Philips.They are just called Vision Plus.Not sure what the make is.

You can buy the foglamps from an MGP shop instead of buying from the dealer.Enquire the prices from an MGP dealer in your area.You can find them at www.mgp.co.in
Went for my 2nd service today and inquired about Fog Lamps. I was informed a cost of 4K for Magna Brand and it is this brand that is used for all Maruti cars. While I asked a friend to inquire through his relationship and he quote quoted for 3.3K for another Maruti showroom who also informed him that this is peak season and if I need cheaper I should contact him in Feb [roll].

thanks petro i have decided to go with power windows and central locking from MGA

what do you suggest for double din headsets with four speakers and two tweeters

i was quoated 13k from maruti dealer for same

also since it's winter i see fog lamp as an investment in delhi area
it really goes bad foggy

and again dealer quoted me 3.5k for same

For all who are in search of Fog lamps, please go for the MGA ones they are worth the money paid. I got a set for my friends alto. Wow it had all the stuff including wiring, switch, fuse, relay, clamps etc. The fog lamps are properly sealed so that water wont enter, illumination is very good.
If required I shall post the pic's of this package.

Accessories you should consider from MGA - Mirrors, Central locking (specific to every car), console panels, fog lamps, car cover, door beedings, etc

Stuff which can be done outside - Seat covers, Music system, Carpets, Roof luggage carrier, reverse sensors, camera, power windows, navigation system.

@Varun, I agree with you on everything except power windows from outside market, I have seen number people with repeated issues after they bought power windows from after market and at the same time, I have seen many happy customers who have gone with MGA one

what do you suggest for double din headsets with four speakers and two tweeters
i was quoated 13k from maruti dealer for same
Can you tell me which ones are they offering for 13k.
for ICE it is advisable to go the aftermarket way, You will get a better deal.
Tell us what type of ICE are you looking for so that we can guide you further.

also since it's winter i see fog lamp as an investment in delhi area
it really goes bad foggy

and again dealer quoted me 3.5k for same
In delhi its a requirement for sure.
The problem with MGA ones will be that they will be more for show than for actual usage.Some of the things that can be one is.Check whether the bulbs in MGA ones are upgraable with better bulbs.Go the aftermarket way keeping in mind better illumination.Also change the bulbs of your headlight with 100/90 ones with proper relay and wiring.

For all who are in search of Fog lamps, please go for the MGA ones they are worth the money paid. I got a set for my friends alto. Wow it had all the stuff including wiring, switch, fuse, relay, clamps etc. The fog lamps are properly sealed so that water wont enter, illumination is very good.
If required I shall post the pic's of this package.
Thats the advantage with MGA . They are close to factory fitment down to the last detail.But in fog lamps I don't think they will have good illumination.The stock ones that come from factory are just for show.

In delhi its a requirement for sure.
The problem with MGA ones will be that they will be more for show than for actual usage.Some of the things that can be one is.Check whether the bulbs in MGA ones are upgraable with better bulbs.Go the aftermarket way keeping in mind better illumination.Also change the bulbs of your headlight with 100/90 ones with proper relay and wiring.
Now this is getting confusing for me. Some of you recommend MGA one and some of you not.I reside in Delhi and believe Fog Lamp does help in foggy weather (still to believe in it through personal experience).

Also do we need to change relay and wiring to put in more powerful headlights? I am planning for upgrading for a month or two but I am little concerned it that will put significant load on my electrical's. Presently Waggie is stocked with 65W bulbs and I find is reasonable for my present needs

Now this is getting confusing for me. Some of you recommend MGA one and some of you not.I reside in Delhi and believe Fog Lamp does help in foggy weather (still to believe in it through personal experience).

Also do we need to change relay and wiring to put in more powerful headlights? I am planning for upgrading for a month or two but I am little concerned it that will put significant load on my electrical's. Presently Waggie is stocked with 65W bulbs and I find is reasonable for my present needs
Well I will help you as much as I can.

You may have used fog lamps which come as factory fit in maruti cars.If you have not let me tell you they are just for show nothing else.So I assume MGA to be the same.But if you can change the bulbs of MGA ones to osram/phillips then the illumination increases and you get absolutely perfect fitment of MGA products.
If the MGA units come sealed then it is better to look aftermarket keeping your requirement for illumination not show in mind.I am sure you can find something outside for maruti cars atleast.

Now come to headlights.
1 If you install 100/90 .You have to use proper wiring and relay.Thats it.
2 or you can get better bulbs from phillips/osram in 60/55w which will not require a relay and improve the illumination in foggy weather as well as otherwise.

Top Bottom