Are Maruti Genuine Accessories (MGA) Overpriced / Worth it?

Congrats Sachin.
I installed 3M film 70% visibility on the windscreen of my wife's Alto. Cost was Rs. 3000/-. I can already feel the difference when driving with the sun right ahead. The rest of the car has the cheap film which I got from the dealer when I bought the car. Now I'll fit 3M for the sides and rear. You can fit 50% visibility on the sides but I'll put 70% as I don't like dark glasses.

Thread Starter #48
Hey folks. thank you very much :-). Have clicked only a few pics, am half done with the reviews. Will post within this week.
On the day after purchase, a drunk moron whacked my windshield, causing a crack. The guy could barely stand, someone pulled him just in time, else he would have come under the wheels[frustration].
Yesterday, while driving to kolar (for a joy ride) a stray stone from a truck carrying construction material hit my windshield causing a half a foot long crack. Due to this, the front sun film has developed bubbles. Both need replacement[frustration]. Should I claim insurance or pay from pocket? What is the cost of the windshield? What is the amount given as no claim bonus?

This is bad, but unavoidable.

If your repair cost is more than 3K, do claim the insurance. You will get max 20% as NCB. How much you payed for insurance though?

Go for the insurance, the cost of the windshield and the assembly will far exceed what you will save on your NCB.

Oh thats very bad! Bad luck for your new car!! Go get some pooja done immediately![:)]

No claim bonus is what you get if you don claim insurance for that year! In your case 20% of the amount which you paid!

the no claim bonus is not a big plus in your case

Get windshield replaced in insurance. You have to pay some for the paste . Or as its new nil amount.

The windshield film needs to be done again at your expense

Re: Debate: Is it End of the Road For Maruti Suzuki Dominance?

Any idea what is profit margin of dealer on MGA accessories ?

Is there any Official/Verified MGA price list of accessories??

Hi everyone. Greetings.[:)]
I am buying a new Maruti Swift, delivery by next week.
Confused about buying accessories from showrooms as I think they are overcharging everything.
Also the prices are not consistent across different showrooms.

How can I verify the prices of different accessories like cheaper end mud flaps to high end Music systems.

Is there a maruti issued price list available somewhere???

Re: Is there any Official/Verified MGA price list of accessories??

Maruti Accessories are always priced higher. Dont buy Car Audio stuffs from them,they are very much over priced,get it from outside accessory shops.Still get Mudflaps from Maruti.

Confused about buying accessories from showrooms as I think they are overcharging everything.

How can I verify the prices of different accessories like cheaper end mud flaps to high end Music systems.

Whatever accessories the showroom DOES NOT provide for free, please buy from outside accessories shop, they would be much lesser price.

For MGP Parts please refer to :
http://www.mgp.co.in/

You can find your local/nearest MGP shop and get a quote about prices about them.

I would be quite interested in this as well. Fellow TAI's please inform if we have any reliable source from where we can set this price list and then compare as dealer of course quote different prices for different accessories.

Top Bottom