Are Maruti Genuine Accessories (MGA) Overpriced / Worth it?

Hey Sachinj12 congrats on your new ride! Just now saw your thread. Finally what you have stuck to is good. Parking sensors is good in cars like Dzire and SX4 as the boot is placed high thus hampering vision at the rear. So just get it done , but as Ilango said don go for Xenos. Underbody coating from 3M brand costed me around 3.5k for my safari with 3 years warranty. Got it done at Carnation. But as many people suggested i don think its required much in Bangalore!

And the Seat covers at 5.5K seems really good deal. Can you post the pictures of the covers in his Swift?

Thread Starter #35
Am not a fan of seat covers, but this seems interesting!!
Waiting for the pics!!
Surely, next time I meet him, I will definitely click the pics. Most of the time I end up meeting him at night, that coupled with a 2mp camera on phone won't do any justice, I believe.

Hey Sachinj12 congrats on your new ride! Just now saw your thread. Finally what you have stuck to is good. Parking sensors is good in cars like Dzire and SX4 as the boot is placed high thus hampering vision at the rear. So just get it done , but as Ilango said don go for Xenos. Underbody coating from 3M brand costed me around 3.5k for my safari with 3 years warranty. Got it done at Carnation. But as many people suggested i don think its required much in Bangalore!

And the Seat covers at 5.5K seems really good deal. Can you post the pictures of the covers in his Swift?
Thank you[:)], Yes I am still contemplating about Xenos. Surprisingly as many people vouch for it as opposed to those who denounce it. The one's I have contacted on various other forums have been using Xenos for 4 years and are fully satisfied, then again there are few who are dissatisfied. AFAIK, haven't seen any complaints from people I personally know.

Parking sensors is good in cars like Dzire and SX4 as the boot is placed high thus hampering vision at the rear. So just get it done , but as Ilango said don go for Xenos.

Hey any specific reason why everybody out here is recommending not to go for Xenos??

This may not be technical reason.

We sold around 6 cd players and 2 dvd players , 6 to 8 central lock and around 10 pair of speakers . plus a single parking system from xenos

out of 6, 5 came back , there cd skips.
one of the dvd player came in week saying the picture get struck and then play , square like thing comes in screen(screen was a korean made , not xenos)

Another one came just now (it was a sumo and its ac pipe has condenced and water had been leaking in the set.) though not a prob of xenos

out of 10 pair 1 came back that there is jarring sound . on inspection found the coils have burnt up.

and this reverse sensor man , comes often saying that the sensor doesn't beep many times . His car is indigo. i placed them at max outer position , but still no help. Works fine in shop , but once he go home he complains.

And other shop also stop selling xenos as they too get many complaint.

regarding there central lock , only one old 800 that installed here came back with a complaint and fortunately it was not a xenos complaint. His rusted old door had made a complaint.

This is my experiance with Xenos. we stopped selling that brand.

It is so heartening to see an opinion backed by data, and not just a "stomach" feeling!!
I think I am well warned off that brand now!!

XENOS is a brand which everybody is complaining of in different parts,we also got similar reports as Ilango mentioned from some of our clients who used XENOS accessories in their vehicles, so I warn users and dealers not to go for it.

350Z

Core Team
Guys got my wheels on feb 4th, loving the ride. Will write a review shortly.
Hello Sachin, Congratulations on getting your new car. We'll be waiting for the pictures and report in a separate thread. So, Did you installed some of the accessories?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom