Are Maruti Genuine Accessories (MGA) Overpriced / Worth it?

Thread Starter #1
As many of you know I have booked Swift Dzire VDI from Sagar automobiles,Bannerghatta road.

Had been to the showroom today, got some quotes for the accessories.

1. Sun film called 'INFRA KOOL, FR20' - RS 3000/-
'LLumar ES20 ' - RS 2500/-
The guy says Garware only prevents sun light entering and does not reject heat. He says INFRA KOOL is better than LLumar. Also friends are suggesting me not to go ahead with front windshield films. They opine that driving becomes difficult at night.

2. The guy is willing to buy back JK Vectras for 1300/tyre. He is offering Bridge Stone Potanza G3 and Michelin XM series at the same rate, @ 4000/tyre. I believe Michelin is more expensive than BS

3.Under body coating RS 2600/-
4. A slime to fill inside the tyre, which apparently prevents punctures and increases life by 25%. The product is called 'Ride-On'. Priced at RS 2800/-

4 Reverse sensors, Xenos brand, RS 4750/- with four sensors and a distance display on mirror.

What are your thoughts about the price and the products?Guys from Bangalore.please suggest some good shop in JC Road which do all these fitments at a reasonable price. IMO, the quotes from showroom are at least 20% higher. Please reply at the earliest.

Regards,
Sachin

Thats true buddy, but not only MGA but every company accessories(like Honda,Skoda,FIAT,TATA) are costly as compared to the aftermarket products.

The basic reverse parking sensor costs 1500 bucks without the display on mirror.
About underbody coating you had better contact cooldhaya who recently got it done to his Safari from Carnation.

1. Sun film called 'INFRA KOOL, FR20' - RS 3000/-
He says INFRA KOOL is better than LLumar.
Never heard of this brand. Vkool is best for front windsheild. But my opinion, for bangalore wheather you don't need it.

4. A slime to fill inside the tyre, which apparently prevents punctures and increases life by 25%. The product is called 'Ride-On'. Priced at RS 2800/-
Agaian never heard, but make sure its useful, otherwise you can use 2800 for some other pupose.

Yes the dealers will quote you more. You can try few shops -
  • Car Shringar - JC Road and near Garuda Mall.
  • Few Shops in Kormangla, opp to Forum, one small road goes inside.

Since you are already going in for tyre upgrade, go for tubeless ones which are less prone to punctures. I have heard of this slime in tyres but its not very popular and the price being quoted(2800/-) looks too high.

Since you are already going in for tyre upgrade, go for tubeless ones which are less prone to punctures.
I don't think tubeless is less prone to punture, but it doesn't gets leaked quickly as in case of normal tube tyre. So its safer and normally you can drive easily to next puntcher shop. So you must go for tubeless.

BTW, whats the OE tyre size?

I don't think tubeless is less prone to punture, but it doesn't gets leaked quickly as in case of normal tube tyre. So its safer and normally you can drive easily to next puntcher shop. So you must go for tubeless.
True. Thats what i meant. Thanks for making my statement more clear.

So IMO dont waste your money in that slime and all. Go for tubeless tyres.

BTW, whats the OE tyre size?

165/80 R 14 (Lxi, Vxi, Ldi, Vdi), 185/70 R 14(Zxi,Zdi)

They try to sell what they have in stock .
infra cool may be paying more commision to them.

standard is garware as here we deal only with them .
2 types of film , one is bigger roll and another one is small box.

small boxed one is good one and has lot of varieties . you can check the pamphlet , each has its own colour and %of heat rejection mentioned near them.

the bigger role is wholesale one and has less heat rejection and comes only in 5 colour shades, gives more profit to us.

Buy back rate of new tyre is very less. so try burn out , spin , slide\drift in that and throw them [lol]

Underbody coating - ask them the brand name and be present next to your car when they do that , insist on it.

3m is standard one here , also another branded ones are avail - rates are same , 2k for 2 year warranty and 2.5K for 5 year warranty. Ask for these.

Buy nothing from xenos.

If you speak out these , the dealer will be alerted and refrain from selling fakes to you.

Thread Starter #8
@ RSM

Yes Vkool is best, but for our weather they are not really required, that's what I believe rather. Max Temp is always on the lower side of 40 degree C, hence Garware should do the job. Also if I opt for Garware, within 3.5-4k, I can get all the windows,rear and front filmed. Hence more inclined towards Garware.

Yes, heard a lot about that slime in tyres, it does help quite a bit, but 2.8k is too expensive. If it is available at lesser rates in JC Road will consider it, though not throughly convinced.

Yes, dealers will quote more, but the buy back price is not bad either, b'coz outside dealers typically buy it back at 900-1000/tyre, and give discount on new tyre. Works out to be the same.

Also Koramangala will be far for me, stay near Yelahanka, so prefer JC Road. Does this Car Shringar do all of these things?

@ Akash
The OEM tyres are tubleless and all the tyres considered for upgrades are tubeless only.
Stock size is 165/80 R 14. Planned upgrade is 185/70 R 14.

@ ilango

Yes, they try to push the product which gives them more margin. I am definitely not opting for that 'INFRA KOOL' thing.

Burn out, doughnuts are not for me. I drive sedate, I drive safe[:)]
About under body coating, I forgot to ask whether its 3M, he said 5 yr standard warranty though.

As for Xenos, I believe they are the most opted for brands (that is what users from various other forums have recommended when I contacted them).
Any specific reason as why you advice against Xenos.
He offered me a Reverse sensors with camera, brand 'Red Soul' for 8k. I rejected them. I still believe apart from Xenos, autocop is the most sought after.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also on my mind is Yokohama A Drives, reviews are positive and is said to be VFM. Should I consider them or stick to the BridgeStone Potanza?

ilango[speed thirst];20266 said:
They try to sell what they have in stock .
infra cool may be paying more commision to them.

standard is garware as here we deal only with them .
2 types of film , one is bigger roll and another one is small box.

small boxed one is good one and has lot of varieties . you can check the pamphlet , each has its own colour and %of heat rejection mentioned near them.

the bigger role is wholesale one and has less heat rejection and comes only in 5 colour shades, gives more profit to us.

Buy back rate of new tyre is very less. so try burn out , spin , slide\drift in that and throw them [lol]

Underbody coating - ask them the brand name and be present next to your car when they do that , insist on it.

3m is standard one here , also another branded ones are avail - rates are same , 2k for 2 year warranty and 2.5K for 5 year warranty. Ask for these.

Buy nothing from xenos.

If you speak out these , the dealer will be alerted and refrain from selling fakes to you.
:agree:

for parking sensors BLACKCAT is good.Try other dealers and distributors in bangalore of tyres for good buy-back price.3M is the best brand around for window films,dont cover whole windshield with it just put a strip at the top end of the windshield.

The Swift anyways comes with tubeless as OE, so unless you are planning on a downgrade, the replacement should also be tubeless!!

And yes, the prices are a bit excessive ... best would be to shop around in the city.

IMO, you don't need an underbody coating ... this is critical in places (Europe etc) where they use salt to melt the snow on the roads ... worst case in some coastal cities.

The sun-film, if and original spare from Maruti, will be within the legal limit of the permissible tinting ... so you will avoid any hassle with the police at a later date ... but unless you want tinting for the looks, I think you can manage with the original tinted glasses anyways.

Tyres ... quite like Ilango's advice!! Spoken like a true petrolhead!!

Last edited:
@ Akash
The OEM tyres are tubleless and all the tyres considered for upgrades are tubeless only.
Stock size is 165/80 R 14. Planned upgrade is 185/70 R 14.

Also on my mind is Yokohama A Drives, reviews are positive and is said to be VFM. Should I consider them or stick to the BridgeStone Potanza?
I found the stock tyre size on the Maruti Dzire official site
It say Stock Size 165/80 R 14 for LXi,LDi,VXi,VDi and Stock size 185/70 R 14 for ZXi.
You can check it out here

The original is almost transparent, with only a tinge of green. No, not bothered about effect and stuff. Need a film which gives a bit of privacy and which rejects heat.
Very true. The original tinted glass looks almost transparent. Go for Vkool or Garware SRC films which will give you the privacy you need. But dont go for jet black shade since its illegal to have tints with so less visibility.

Hey are you planning to tint the windshield too. Even i would suggest you to let that in the stock condition.

Top Bottom