Are Local Stereos Good Enough?

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone.how good are local car stereos which come at 2000 to 3000 rs.the ones which only play usb n fm radio?how is their sound quality,warranty,reliability,safety etc?since sound quality is not much of issue so i dont need to buy branded stereo or the speakers...my main concern is that it should not harm my car or the car's warranty..

re: Local Stereo, Are they good enough?

For 3k you can get branded HU, why do you want to take a chance with local players?

Dude local stereos are good if they are under warranty...Unlike the old days the stereos we get today are pretty good in term of build quality and sound. My friend has a Trony branded one which he got for 1.4K afaik. with a year warranty, it died in 3 months and was replaced with a brand new one which is working fine for half a year. IMO it is way better than JBLx333 in terms of SQ and noise suppression. For 3K you can get one with dvd player and a 5" screen on board.

Thread Starter #5

Thanx for the suggestions.But hey am waiting for more replies friends..

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi everyone.how good are local car stereos which come at 2000 to 3000 rs.the ones which only play usb n fm radio?how is their sound quality,warranty,reliability,safety etc?since sound quality is not much of issue so i dont need to buy branded stereo or the speakers...my main concern is that it should not harm my car or the car's warranty..
Buddy, why do you want to mess up your car with local items? A branded HU can be purchased for as low as 2700 (JBLX333).

You can see many cases of warranty void by manufacturer in case of installation of branded HU, then local ones, i am sure, if your SA even got a look of it, he will warn you of warranty void for sure.

IMO be on a safer side, even if you have to spend more, go for branded HU. Safety comes first[;)].

Thread Starter #7
Re: Local Stereo, Are they good enough?

Buddy, why do you want to mess up your car with local items? A branded HU can be purchased for as low as 2700 (JBLX333).

You can see many cases of warranty void by manufacturer in case of installation of branded HU, then local ones, i am sure, if your SA even got a look of it, he will warn you of warranty void for sure.

IMO be on a safer side, even if you have to spend more, go for branded HU. Safety comes first[;)].
is this rs. 2700 price with b/w or without?

We got that JBL product wihci have mentioned [ I think even Mr. Akash mentioned the same thing ] with bill and waranty [ I year I think ]. It is really good. I had to go one with video also. Otherwise even I would have gone for that only. Its really cool one.

local stereo available in many types.

1. with too much of blue orange led and some crapy look which do not fit that exact , but will some how go inside the slot , have DECENT sound quality. Many just a stereo in car are bowled over its audio output. good bass almost like deep bass, the terrific humming on fm tuning , its almost super good. very few in these have digital sound tuning , most of them have knob for bass , treble etc.

2.Another with face replica of some good brand or their own brand like brand like geesonic etc they too have good sound and digital tuning . almost like a branded .

All are made in northen part of india and in chennai too some have started manufacturing-heard through dealer , not sure. may be like the lovotta gas kit that is made in italy which is inside chennai

pls try this. Already I had recomended this for two of my friends and its really good.

JBL GT-X333

Sethu
Hi Sethu & Akash,

As said above the JBL product, need some info, does it have option for connecting amp ? (RCA I guess) Can this player play 320kbps tracks ?

I am planning change my HU, is there any other HU from pioneer with cd/usb (lowest price)

Varun,

am sorry that i can not answer your question in that regrad. I myself do not know much about amp related. Even my friend [ the car in which we had this unit ] was not keen on such stuffs. We wanted a nice looking good HU. Which that JBL provides.

sorry. If u r keen pls give me the list of queries you are intersted. Iam visiting the same shop next week for sun control film in my car. I can check with him and provide the details to you.

Hi Sethu & Akash,

As said above the JBL product, need some info, does it have option for connecting amp ? (RCA I guess) Can this player play 320kbps tracks ?

I am planning change my HU, is there any other HU from pioneer with cd/usb (lowest price)
it says it has 3 pre out.

means u can connect 3 rca , a mono and a 4 channel[evil][evil]

Can some1 explain about RCA/Mono[ I think i know this. But i do not know in what context it is mentioned here] and a 4 channel [ does this mean we can have two speakers in front and two in the rear ]

Thanks

Can some1 explain about RCA/Mono[ I think i know this. But i do not know in what context it is mentioned here] and a 4 channel [ does this mean we can have two speakers in front and two in the rear ]

Thanks
Any amp needs a input.

rca are cables that gives input to amplifier from head unit.

preouts are provision to plug the rca in the head unit.

A 2 channel amp need one preout.
A 4 channel amp need 2 pre out

A mono amp need one pre out.

Last edited:

Varun,

am sorry that i can not answer your question in that regrad. I myself do not know much about amp related. Even my friend [ the car in which we had this unit ] was not keen on such stuffs. We wanted a nice looking good HU. Which that JBL provides.

sorry. If u r keen pls give me the list of queries you are intersted. Iam visiting the same shop next week for sun control film in my car. I can check with him and provide the details to you.
Thanks Sethu, I just needed the info about the RCA output..

ilango[speed thirst];128659 said:
it says it has 3 pre out.

means u can connect 3 rca , a mono and a 4 channel[evil][evil]
Thanks Ilango.. then I can connect my amp..[clap]

So can you please tell me the sound quality and reliablity of this HU..
Can I go for this ? Or any poineer HU with cd/usb (in same range or a bit higher)

Top Bottom