Are Indian Car Designs Simply Overdone?

Loved the ones with the rectangular light, looked a proper jeep, some images courtesy google image search
I still love this design, hope mahindra relaunches it with the mhawk, even slightly shorter chassis will do !! Its a classic jeep design!

Attachments

^^^ It used to look drool worthy with fat tyres & chrome alloys!

Remember, Mahindra had a strange cone shaped wheel cover for the Armada, as can be seen in the second pic. It looked nice!

^^^ It used to look drool worthy with fat tyres & chrome alloys!

Remember, Mahindra had a strange cone shaped wheel cover for the Armada, as can be seen in the second pic. It looked nice!
Absolutely drool worthy, i might be shot for saying this but in my view the front still looks better than the current bolero! this is one car which is relaunch worthy even now(just give it a new heart and a proper 4x4)!

Thread Starter #21
The Trax was based on the earlier model of the Mercedes Benz G wagon, It looks like a replica and is not an Indian design.
Yes, it is. Still u can see a very minor change Force/Tempo made on the earlier model as an up gradation which again based on the modified MB G Wagon (check out the pics). My opinion was why can't they design a futuristic one like what Tata did with Sumo (sumo to grande)?.

Yes I liked the aggressiveness of old Armada.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
well cant blame the trax for looking like the mercedes, everything firodia did then(and even now with the engines) was bring mercedes gelandewagen lineage, i think it also had the original OM 616 engine which were very popular then..

But i like the Gurkha design better , also these trax were notorious for rusting and rattling, the engines were very efficient for the generation and the price though!

Thread Starter #24
in line to the first post, just adding XUV 5OO pics. Real and an edited one.

Mods: please delete my previous post. Attachments are missing.

Attachments

Loved the ones with the rectangular light, looked a proper jeep, some images courtesy google image search
I still love this design, hope mahindra relaunches it with the mhawk, even slightly shorter chassis will do !! Its a classic jeep design!
Actually Mahindra Thar would be nice if it had a design of Armada. (with ac)

i too loved the design.

it was for this reason that we had an armada for almost 18years. [:)]

the image we had last year in april.

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Indian auto manufacturers have now gone global and they are catching up fast. If we consider recent models from major automakers like Tata and Mahindra, I think most of their cars look modern and more durable when compared to some of the foreign competitors. More or less if there is anything people are disappointed about XUV then it is the front-end design (overdone front bumper to be precise). It can be overlooked for once if we see this car overall from a broader viewpoint. I am also sure that considering the feedback, Mahindra will revise it sometime in future. Similarly, with Manza, a lot of us (including me) dislike it from rear end but after I saw the Hybrid model in Auto Expo, I feel Tata is capable enough to revamp it and make a better car look-wise. Seriously, sometimes when I see so-called new cars like Etios and Micra from international players - I am insisted to believe that even though slowly but steadily we are stepping ahead in terms of design.

PS: Speaking on a similar note, I would also like to see wider scope for automobile designing career within India itself to support and encourage budding car designers.

Drive Safe,
350Z

On my recent trip to India some design cues that stuck out to me as an obnoxious pattern across most of the cars [Note there are quite a few exceptions] were as follows

1. Oversized high set boots. --> I guess this is because function is rated way way way over aesthetics in India which results in boots which you could stow away a lot in but looks highly disproportionate
2. Oversized bumpers --> Couldn't figure out the fascination for oversized bumpers.
3. Tires that were relatively small for the size of the car --> Maybe that's because I'm biased based on the cars I've been used to.

Do you guys also feel the same?

Top Bottom