Apple iPhone 3GS or 4G

Thread Starter #1
hi guys, my parents are currently in USA and i was planning to buy iphone from there.Do you think 4G model makes more sense then 3gS as it carries better OS speed, better camera and processor compared to earlier models, and i am getting this 4G one by almost half the price or say 60% price of our 3G iphone available here, also another thing is would it work perfectly fine after unlocking it or would there be some issues with it, though some friends are using it and no issues for them since they got them so what say?

get the 4 man anyday. 3Gs is good but nothing compared to 4. do u plan to jailbreak? unlocking is fine. no problems should occur.

Thread Starter #3
i might get it jailbraked from there itself not sure though, dont trust those chinese companies offering online, so let me see the options and offerings.I was thinking of 4th version too.Thanks anyways.

if u jailbreak then most likely u will lose facetime facility. but since u are jailbreaking, facetime can be downloaded from another software which is automatically installed after jailbreaking, Cydia.

First off, iPhone 4 is available in Reliance Digital stores across india. So no need to buy it from the USA and get it unlocked etc. You may have the price advantage, but check with your friends on the ease of jail breaking.

Secondly, did you know that iPhone 5 is on its way and it would be here in 3 months? My opinion on technology is to buy what's latest, because very soon it will be obsolete.

And lastly, a phone is a worthless asset, financially speaking. It depreciates by half or more the moment you purchase it and has a high chance of loss due to neglect, theft etc.

I'm not trying to talk you out of buying an iPhone, but having purchased a few for my family and seeing how they are using those, I thought I might offer my two cents.

Thread Starter #7
been there, yes dude agree with you, but then even 3G is new for indian market, not full fledge, 3Gs is not officially launched here and i am talking about iphone 4, which does makes sense.version 5 wont come out before this year end.
Regarding spending on it,well i am a gadget freak, and today's possibility to spend on it, and when i can then why not.IMO.
Do you have idea what price does reliance digital sell iphone4 here, roughly estimate price would do, thanks.

They don't change the price much. I believe it's in the low 40 thousands where as the previous gen is in the upper 30 thousands.

As for justification, I believe you have done your thinking so I am quickly getting out of your way.

Thread Starter #10
the regular 3G version is available for 33k and 41k for 16gb and 32gb, i am getting a deal for 550$ for 32gb 4G version over there, seems a good deal, hows pricing at your end archit?

You should go for iPhone 4G, but please check whether they are offering International warranty on it as you will be using it in India. Regarding jailbreaking you can do it yourself by reading the tutorials on the internet(search for redsnow, pwnage, snowbreeze).
P.S. Getting iPhone 4 32GB for 25k is steal as compared to India, moreover don't wait for iPhone 5(it will be pricy at start and then may be after 6 months or so will come down).

I phone 4 cannot be unlocked easily but can be jailbroken so make sure it is unlocked and then shipped to you .Jailbreak is totally different from carrier unlock.

Thread Starter #14
You should go for iPhone 4G, but please check whether they are offering International warranty on it as you will be using it in India. Regarding jailbreaking you can do it yourself by reading the tutorials on the internet(search for redsnow, pwnage, snowbreeze).
P.S. Getting iPhone 4 32GB for 25k is steal as compared to India, moreover don't wait for iPhone 5(it will be pricy at start and then may be after 6 months or so will come down).
I phone 4 cannot be unlocked easily but can be jailbroken so make sure it is unlocked and then shipped to you .Jailbreak is totally different from carrier unlock.
thanks guys, yeah i know the difference of unlocking and jailbreak.
I would be getting the phone unlocked from there itself and then would see for jailbreak.

Top Bottom