Another Dealership Scam Alert?

Course of Action

• Total voters
Thread Starter #31
Dear Mr. Sachin,
Thank You for giving us the details. Actually it helps us to identify Customer details from Dealer or Mass data base, for faster communication normally we request to give all the details.
Regarding your query I would like to bring your notice that from MSIL side we recommend schedule service as per owner’s Manual. We request you to follow owner’s manual guidelines for schedule services and warranty cases. Though I am taking up this matter with concern Mass people, thanks for giving valuable feedback regarding process.
Assuring you our best of service always.

Regds,
Kartick Dutta
Bangalore
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well,well,well! The cat is out of the bag!

350Z

Core Team
This confirms that it was a witty act from the dealership’s end to earn quick bucks. Thanks for the update.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Actually the clutch wears out at 50-60k Kms.Its good to ask other owners or manual very well.Changing Engine oil every 8k kms will be good as the life of the engine will be longer.

When, it comes to engine oil, I beg to differ. 5k km is ideal.
That is what Maruti used to recomend for their older cars like the Zen. However during that time Fiat used to recomend 7.5K kms. I did a lakh kms without any issues. The current owner of the car still follows this schedule. The odo now reads 2.5L Kms. Maruti was just doing it to extract extra money from the owners

If you are using synthetic, you can extend the interval up to 20k km.
The manufacturers of the oils recomend the change after 60K Kms. The Toyota Fortuner gets it's first oil change after 1 Lakh kms. You seem to have got you figures from another forum. I wouldn't mind changing synthetic oil every 20K kms if my cousin was a wholesaler and I was getting the oil at rock bottom prices. Using synthetic oil only makes sense if it works out cheaper in the long run. If not 60K, I would say 40K and then it makes sense.

Thread Starter #35
Forgot to update this thread. A few days back I got a call from Karthik again. Told him I am not coming. Seems like MSIL never read my mail. Darn.

That is what Maruti used to recomend for their older cars like the Zen. However during that time Fiat used to recomend 7.5K kms. I did a lakh kms without any issues. The current owner of the car still follows this schedule. The odo now reads 2.5L Kms. Maruti was just doing it to extract extra money from the owners

The manufacturers of the oils recomend the change after 60K Kms. The Toyota Fortuner gets it's first oil change after 1 Lakh kms. You seem to have got you figures from another forum. I wouldn't mind changing synthetic oil every 20K kms if my cousin was a wholesaler and I was getting the oil at rock bottom prices. Using synthetic oil only makes sense if it works out cheaper in the long run. If not 60K, I would say 40K and then it makes sense.
not sure but most synthetic oils like mobil1 recommend to follow the service schedule even though they say 20k drain intervals.I guess a better way is checking the oil and fluids on your own at 5k intervals. And change it during the intervals in the manual.

Top Bottom