Another Dealership Scam Alert?

Course of Action

• Total voters
Thread Starter #17
Re: Another Scam Alert?

Ref. No. : CRM:009600000XXXX

Dear Customer,

We are in receipt of your complaint dated 19.08.2011 through our website regarding your Maruti Vehicle. We regret for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

We are advising our Regional Service Manager posted at Regional Office BANGALORE (080 - 22127384-85, 5112017-18)to look into the matter and extend necessary assistance.

In the meantime, we would request you to kindly bear with us.

In future correspondences, please quote the above subject reference number.
Assuring you of our best services always.

Thanking you,
Yours Sincerely,

Kenny John Mathew
(Manager, Service - 3)
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
CC : RSM- S2 , MSIL Workshop

Received the above mail from you MSIL this evening.

Brother,I've got a call like this an year ago.And I also noticed the service interval was 1 year or 10000kms and asked them.But they told that the car should be serviced and my friends also agreed with that.
And I got the car serviced from them.The car is having extended warranty.
Am I cheated?[confused]

350Z

Core Team

Once my wife got a call from TATA motors saying so and so no. car (my car ) has met with an accident at such and such place and call got disconnected. My wife was totally shocked and looked at my eyes. when i enquired about the matter she mentioned the story. I ran out to see if my car was in porch and there it was. though we had a hearty laugh but i went to service centre and gave a nice dose of wrath for passing wrong information.
This was truly shocking and unethical. Hope it helps making our members and guests aware about such unexpected practices going on around.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #20

Brother,I've got a call like this an year ago.And I also noticed the service interval was 1 year or 10000kms and asked them.But they told that the car should be serviced and my friends also agreed with that.
And I got the car serviced from them.The car is having extended warranty.
Am I cheated?[confused]
While its a good thing to service your car for 5000km, its not really needed unless specified by the manufacturer. What happens when you shorten the intervals is you replace the fluids before they are utilized fully, hence its an waste expenditure. You should be worried if your intervals exceed that of manufacturer recommendation. Next time onwards, stick to the manual. At 5000km interval, get an express check done and change engine oil if you want to ( I prefer doing it at 5k km. Book says 10k km)

Oh well in that's case then what you have done is right! Even the SA at Hyundai dealership tells me to come and change the oil at every 5k KMS so that it ensures longevity of engine oil. Well i partly agree with him but still if the manufacturer has specified for 10k KMS i don't want to waste money by changing it sooner.

Thread Starter #22

Oh well in that's case then what you have done is right! Even the SA at Hyundai dealership tells me to come and change the oil at every 5k KMS so that it ensures longevity of engine oil. Well i partly agree with him but still if the manufacturer has specified for 10k KMS i don't want to waste money by changing it sooner.
When, it comes to engine oil, I beg to differ. 5k km is ideal. It will cost you around 600 bucks, but well worth it. Just cut short a movie and drink with your friend for a month and there you go, you have the money for the oil change[:)].

If you are using synthetic, you can extend the interval up to 20k km.

if your engine oil is normal one , its life is to 7 months or 6 to7 k kms.

synthetic has 1 year or 12 to 15k kms interval

i have read long time back about swift diesel saying 6 months or 6000 kms interval.

the more you change earlier , the life of engine is enhanced.

But lately i have noticed , tdi engine of vista has service interval of 10k kms.
same tdi engine in indigo , earlier time used to have a service interval of 7000kms.

Imo , 6000 kms will be the ideal change of engine oil for normal oil. some couple of months more for semi synthetic!

When, it comes to engine oil, I beg to differ. 5k km is ideal. It will cost you around 600 bucks, but well worth it. Just cut short a movie and drink with your friend for a month and there you go, you have the money for the oil change[:)].

If you are using synthetic, you can extend the interval up to 20k km.

Well i agree with you buddy.[:)] My Verna's service interval is 6 months / 10k KMS and so far for me in the 6 months gap i cover almost 8-9k KMS , so in my case i change the oil every 6 months.

The Indus service people are constantly bugging me, Most of the time while I am at court or busy at work to remind me of the "5000km" service for my MPFI Alto, The lady at the other end will start lecturing me about the importance of the 5000Km service like a parakeet, when Maruti says to do it at every 10,000.

So what I do to save my peace is save every random number they call from and never pick up the phone or better, Pick it up and keep it on the desk so they can talk to the desk, who also happens to be a great listener as well. And know what I've managed to save and black list 12 of their numbers. They are so annoying, But after talking to the desk for some time, They have given up and let me just be.[lol]

Last edited:

Ha ha nice way to teach them a lesson Jalex! Thankfully i have never faced such things so far. I will get a message after 6 months of my previous service asking to drop my vehicle for service and the very next day i will get a call " Sir its 6 months since your vehicle got serviced please do drop it soon." And as i said before my car covers around 8-9k KMS in 6 months so i fix an appointment with them that time itself and get my car serviced.

Ref. No. : CRM:009600000XXXX

Dear Customer,

We are in receipt of your complaint dated 19.08.2011 through our website regarding your Maruti Vehicle. We regret for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

We are advising our Regional Service Manager posted at Regional Office BANGALORE (080 - 22127384-85, 5112017-18)to look into the matter and extend necessary assistance.

In the meantime, we would request you to kindly bear with us.

In future correspondences, please quote the above subject reference number.
Assuring you of our best services always.

Thanking you,
Yours Sincerely,

Kenny John Mathew
(Manager, Service - 3)
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
CC : RSM- S2 , MSIL Workshop

Received the above mail from you MSIL this evening.
I don't see MSIL has confirmed or denied anything about service intervals.

350Z

Core Team

Their support department has forwarded the issue to Regional Manager in Bangalore who will take up the matter and update with a mail (Hopefully).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #30
I don't see MSIL has confirmed or denied anything about service intervals.
Precisely. It seems like an automated reply.

Their support department has forwarded the issue to Regional Manager in Bangalore who will take up the matter and update with a mail (Hopefully).

Drive Safe,
350Z
And the support team asked for my vehicle details. I shot back asking them how that will solve the problem. Asked them whether they understood my complain.[frustration]

Top Bottom