Another Dealership Scam Alert?

Course of Action

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
This afternoon I received a call from Nexus Maruti,New Bel Road,Bangalore.

Phone rings, I pick the call.

Other end : Hello sir, this is Karthik from Nexus Maruti. Your car,Swift Dzire is due for service this September.

Me (bewildered): I got my car serviced this March, its not due until next March.

OE: Sir, 5000km/6 month service.

Me: 6 months service? The service booklet says 10K km/1 year service.

OE: No sir, new circular.

ME: No, thanks, I will get my car serviced at 10k km.

OE: OK, thank you sir. (Cuts the call)

So whats cooking here? After the "Clutch needs to be changed saar", is this the new one?

I have heard good reviews about this service centre and I have given my vehicle for service here and have been satisfied. This call has really put me off. Should I shoot off a mail to MSIL and report this? Or, is this one off incident to rip a customer off? Anyone with similar experience?

Re: Another Scam Alert?

Yes, in all eventuality you should. Did the call come on your cell, if yes you would know the number and check with the service center. Anyway this needs to be reported.

350Z

Core Team

Thanks for the alert, Sachin. You must definitely bring this to attention of concerned authorities at Maruti Suzuki. This will help verifying the legitimacy of this call.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Since your car is under warranty, its imperative to get confirmation from MSIL.
In most probability, as you mentioned, this is trick by service center to make some free bucks.
Maruti car owners (comparatively) normally don't reach to MSIL top level and believe the service centers. And they will make money anyway. But since you are informed customer, you must confront with MSIL.

Thread Starter #7

Wow, poll results seem heavily in favor of reporting. Not a single soul to spare them. LOL. Anyways, thanks for the suggestion folks, as I have said in my earlier post, I have shot a mail to them. let's see what they have to say. I would be happy if they pull up the M.A.S.S and give them a stern warning.

Hello Sachin , even i used to get calls from my earlier A.S.S of M&M when the car used to finish 6 months.

They used to call me , this happened when i switched to a new dealer.

And even after the vehicle was serviced , i used to get a letter to drop the vehicle for service.

This happened as the post was not reaching on time.

I didn't forgive TATA SA when he did not put engine cover properly on my TATA safari . AT the end of Day he lost the Job and i don't have regret .

Thread Starter #10

This happened as the post was not reaching on time.
Snail mail, ah [lol]? Can't blame them, can we?

I didn't forgive TATA SA when he did not put engine cover properly on my TATA safari . AT the end of Day he lost the Job and i don't have regret .
Eeek, that's a bit harsh. But I agree, we pay a life's earning to bring our beloved baby home and it would piss us off to no end if someone treats them badly.

What about a recall or something similar . sometime ago there was an issue with ddis engine had certain parts to replaced as original were not upto specs.

Btw,
Once my wife got a call from TATA motors saying so and so no. car (my car ) has met with an accident at such and such place and call got disconnected. My wife was totally shocked and looked at my eyes. when i enquired about the matter she mentioned the story. I ran out to see if my car was in porch and there it was. though we had a hearty laugh but i went to service centre and gave a nice dose of wrath for passing wrong information.

Thread Starter #12

What about a recall or something similar . sometime ago there was an issue with ddis engine had certain parts to replaced as original were not upto specs.

Btw,
Once my wife got a call from TATA motors saying so and so no. car (my car ) has met with an accident at such and such place and call got disconnected. My wife was totally shocked and looked at my eyes. when i enquired about the matter she mentioned the story. I ran out to see if my car was in porch and there it was. though we had a hearty laugh but i went to service centre and gave a nice dose of wrath for passing wrong information.
The recall was genuine and published in national dailies.

Regarding your TATA motors incident, while it seems funny, what worries me is whether it was really from them or some miscreants calling up to make some quick bucks. You know how it works, people usually panic when you say 'accident'. That does the trick, the rest of the job is simple, extract the money from you and run away..

Hmmm but is your car under warranty or extended warranty? If so then i think you should be servicing your car every 6 months according to the terms and condition given in the warranty card , else your warranty gets void!

BTW is the service interval for your Dzire 10k KMS or 1 year? I thought it was 10k KMS or 6 months till now!

Thread Starter #14

Its 18 months old. Another 6 months for the standard warranty to lapse. After 3rd service, its annual service/10k km service.

Yes so i think that is why you have got the call. Till the warranty expires you will have to get your car serviced every 6 months , atleast that's the case with Hyundai.

Top Bottom