Anniversary Edition Toyota Fortuner Rolls Out

AMG

Suspended
Mahindra's World SUV seems to offer the perfect blend & so i may just wait for it.
It may turn out to be a long looong wait.

Pajero seems to be the best bet.

And you can always get the interiors redone, cant you?

And BTW, Pajero is older than the Endy. :lol!:

It may turn out to be a long looong wait.

Buddy do you really think we have to buy a 20+lakh car and redo interiors[surprise] I dont think it is a good idea at any point of time. (just my opinion )

interiors redone? i will have to change the dash, instrument console, steering wheel... everything except the seats!

Now that’s news to me! And let's continue discussion about your purchase suggestions in a new thread.

Drive Safe,
350Z
i have always stated that i dislike the fortuner since i feel its an overpriced innova on stilts... also i feel it sells so much not because its sooooo good but because it has no worthy competitors.

anyways, no discussions as of now. i wont start a thread so soon.

Last edited:
interiors redone?

i have always stated that i dislike the fortuner since i feel its an overpriced innova on stilts... also i feel it sells so much not because its sooooo good but because it has no worthy competitors.
Exactly on target it has no competitors good enough in Indian market.
I read else where it was sold for half the price in Thai market than our market even then it failed is it true?

Hey guys i checked out this Fortuner , looks too bad! And also preference is also given to those who have booked already only. New bookings for this cannot jump the queue!

And now the waiting period is 1 year if we book it now![lol]

@ maximas: since you mentioned, approx prices in UAE:

Fortuner: 10L
Endy: 9L
CRV: 9L
Corolla: 6L
Civic: 7L
Cedia: 6L
Camry: 12L
Hummer H3: 14L (!!!)

Oh so much difference!

But seriously after checking out the car i feel its really not worth the price tag! The interiors looked same like Innova and the gear lever and knob looked like they belonged to a truck! The wooden finishes were pathetic too! I din even like to sit inside the car after checking out so close! Looks great from the outside but nothing inside!

totally agree with you buddy. one may be very fascinated by the exterior looks of the fortuner but its simply NOT worth the price IMO.

cmon, even the innova has 2 airbags & ABS! innova has a better ride quality than the fortuner & a tad more space too. would you really shell out 10 lakhs more for a 4x4 or a slighly more powerful engine?

Definitely no , i prefer the new Captiva X-treme instead!

I was so much obsessed and fascinated about the Fortuner until i checked it out yesterday!

@raj 5004, Truly the Fortuner limited edition is really at too much premium, which isn't worth at all, and as Cooldhaya said that the preference will be given for the people in Que, the subject of thinking about this Limited Edition doesn't make any sense..lol.
Your wait for the Mahindra World SUV will really be worth waiting for it, considering the way the vehicle is being built and tested.Have also heard that it will come equiped with all SUV features like ABS, EBD, Traction control, ESP,etc and a powerful engine My only hope with this is that Mahindra launch it in the first Quarter of 2011, it will be a serious competitor for Fortuner, Captiva and the much hyped Aria

@raj 5004, Truly the Fortuner limited edition is really at too much premium, which isn't worth at all, and as Cooldhaya said that the preference will be given for the people in Que, the subject of thinking about this Limited Edition doesn't make any sense..lol.
Your wait for the Mahindra World SUV will really be worth waiting for it, considering the way the vehicle is being built and tested.Have also heard that it will come equiped with all SUV features like ABS, EBD, Traction control, ESP,etc and a powerful engine My only hope with this is that Mahindra launch it in the first Quarter of 2011, it will be a serious competitor for Fortuner, Captiva and the much hyped Aria
+1 to that. but for any mahindra vehicle, i will have to wait atleast 6 months after its launch, so that mahindra can sort out all the initial issues.

+1 to that. but for any mahindra vehicle, i will have to wait atleast 6 months after its launch, so that mahindra can sort out all the initial issues.
Yes, as Mahindra is entering this Higher end Luxury SUV segment for the first time, we will have to wait for some time after launch, say atleast 4 to 6 months, to see how this beast performs, Well there are rumors that this will have the same tried and tested M-hawk mill with some tweaking , to pump out around 150 to 170 Bhp, which is indeed the best strategy rather than developing a new engine and all the risks associated with it.. In this case, I will be relieved on the Engine front, but for all the new techie bits they are going to bring in into this boy, we need to watch out initially to see it really works without any fuss.[lol]

Top Bottom