Angel Eyes & HID Lamps For Hyundai i10

Hi Speed thirst , I have put Depo projectors in our Merc & I notice some hot & cold spots. The light is inadequate with halogen bulbs. So what do you suggest me to improve the light , HID will project more hot & cold spots.

Retro fit must around 10k .

And Goaboy, a halogen inside a projector must not give hot and cold spot in the lens.

Yeah a hid will not affect the lens. it gives 10 times brighter light in a 4 times lower value of current.
Could you post the picture of your head lamp in close

thanks for your reply. I guess hot & cold spots are created by lens, not the bulbs & if so, will the fitting of HID will increase the effect or pattern of light will change because of change of arc position produced by HID to position of halogen filament.

thanks for your reply. I guess hot & cold spots are created by lens, not the bulbs & if so, will the fitting of HID will increase the effect or pattern of light will change because of change of arc position produced by HID to position of halogen filament.
Exactly. you got them

the throw will be so low but brighter.

you must get good projector lens to get the good throw.

For you in benz ,
It must have a good projector lens[evil]

Yeah you will find difference while using a hid bulb , but i hope you will like them!

ilango[speed thirst];47106 said:
Various types of projectors are available in market . We buy them and fix them . chinese models comes with h4 hid , which are hmm say worthless.
Yes, now China projector, with H4, H1/H7 , 9005/9006 Model, they are more universal. how about projector business in India?

Plz do help me in this matter..

i am in search of the angel eyes and hid lamps for ma I20 MAGNA ,as the stock headlamps gives dull vision during night drives.!![anger]

could anyone suggest me the price for it.i MEAN BOTH HID AND ANGEL EYES.

Plz do suggest me the specification of the HID bulbs 2.!![confused]

Plz do help me in this matter..

i am in search of the angel eyes and hid lamps for ma I20 MAGNA ,as the stock headlamps gives dull vision during night drives.!![anger]

could anyone suggest me the price for it.i MEAN BOTH HID AND ANGEL EYES.

Plz do suggest me the specification of the HID bulbs 2.!![confused]
There are no after market projectors available for i20. But I have come across a guy who are into after market projectors for all major cars. Here are some pics and videos.

Since there are retro fitted onto the existing headlights, these will be expensive. Expect anywhere around 15k-20k for these. HID's another 9k.

Since you are looking for max visibility, go for 4300k HID's. They provide the best visibility range. I use these in my swift and it's really good.

Anything else, let me know.

YouTube - i20 Projector Lights Quality Review

There are no after market projectors available for i20. But I have come across a guy who are into after market projectors for all major cars. Here are some pics and videos.
Since there are retro fitted onto the existing headlights, these will be expensive. Expect anywhere around 15k-20k for these. HID's another 9k.
Since you are looking for max visibility, go for 4300k HID's. They provide the best visibility range. I use these in my swift and it's really good.
Anything else, let me know.
I am kinda newly register, but i do read through often

Naveen ji, i have booked i20 asta crdi 2011 - White, expecting delivery between 10 to 15 th of this month. I have planned a couple of mods(In order of priority)

alloys - HRS or Platis or konig
shoes - Yokohama or Michelin
Lights - projector head lamps with angel eyes and smoking tail lamps

Later spoilers, custom grills and mesh, and carbon fiber hoods.

Now i am really intrested in the above projector setup. I have planned a few, need your suggestions,

First philips h4 hid 6000k or lesser with ballast
Bi xenon projector with angel eyes, blue
Philips h3 4K or 6k hid with ballast for the fogs
Additional headlight assembly, want to retain stock, incase of any issue, will transfer the stock, to avoid warranty issues.

I want a good throw, previously whenever i drive my zen, used philips 100/90, whenever lorry or some car passes, it will be real head ache, for me to drive. Heard stock i20 headlamp sucks, planning to get it done as soon as i get the car.

This time i shuld be able to pass, without worrying about opposite car, btw i dont wanna blind the incoming traffic too

Now since there are no oem manufactures for i20, i would like to know where i could get this kind of setup, i want to have a quality install, no non sense thing, you know. Wat would be the cost of the setup, place and time that would take. Dont wanna leave my new baby(I20) alone. Could you refer some one.

BTW Ilango do you do the above setup, i m located at chennai, will be glad to drive to pondy too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Shiv welcome to TAI , congratulations on your booking! I am also from Chennai.

I think the cost of the projectors must be around 15k. Ilango might be able to help you.

thanks, the projector with hid would cost around 15k thats ok, i m worried abt retrofitting into the car, cause i m not a good workman, so no no DIY.

Do u have any contacts, where they retrofit the projector, a place, who knw's what he is doing, not just some simple fit, who knws to adjust the throws, and others, let me knw bro...

Ilango pls reply if the above setup could be done by you.

thanks, the projector with hid would cost around 15k thats ok, i m worried abt retrofitting into the car, cause i m not a good workman, so no no DIY.

Do u have any contacts, where they retrofit the projector, a place, who knw's what he is doing, not just some simple fit, who knws to adjust the throws, and others, let me knw bro...

Ilango pls reply if the above setup could be done by you.
The HID kit actually costs about half that amount. Order it from China from sites like Alibaba. You need to specify your bulb type (H4 for the i10). Remove the headlamp assembly and use a hair dryer to open the sealed beam. Put the projector in place of the bulb and re-seal the unit. Then connect the ballast, one end to the projector and the other to the original harness and you're done.

Last edited:
Bro, i am not that great of a workman, watch these video, i knw i m not perfect.

Check this video, it a real pain for me to do all these. So need some one who could do the setup, as well as cover it with a black matte finish, just like the above pics.

My 2 cents(hope,u have not seen these)
Part 1
YouTube - (1) How to build HID projector headlights
part 2
YouTube - (2) How to build HID projector headlights
part 3
YouTube - (3) How to build HID projector headlights
part 4
YouTube - (4) How to build HID projector headlights

Last edited:
Hi.I recently open the headlights from a ford focus 2006 and was a very diffycalt because they have permaseal gloo.I wonder the i10 2009 have the same gloo or is softer and it's no need to warm them very much at the oven

Top Bottom