Android Discussions Related To Software, Apps, Phones & News

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I am using Nokia 7 plus which come with metal body sides also. This phone is updated to Android 9 now as it was part of Android Beta program. Even other nokia models also get the updates soon as they run on android one.
I have shifted to this phone from iphone 6s using it for 2 years. This biggest problem with iphone was its poor battery back up, so chosing 7 plus over 6.1 is for higher battery back up as i travel a lot.
Coming to Nokia its always built strong and with android one we get updates faster and assured at least for 2 years this is the main reason I have not selected any other phone in this range as they load lot of bloatware with their UI.
Have seen 6.1 Plus and its an excellent phone in that price range, I loved it
Thanks a lot.

How about 7.1 which also similar to 7 plus? (I prefer phone not exceeding 6'' length).
7.1 is bit smaller than 7 plus as I have seen from the specifications given in Nokia website.

I think Nokia has lost its original attributes of solid dependability . It is now being made by some Chinese company which bought the brand from Microsoft, which in turn was the original purchaser of Nokia.Hope the build quality has been maintained by the Chinese company to save Nokia's brand name.

Thanks a lot.

How about 7.1 which also similar to 7 plus? (I prefer phone not exceeding 6'' length).
7.1 is bit smaller than 7 plus as I have seen from the specifications given in Nokia website.
Not yet released and will be bigger than 6.1 plus.

I think Nokia has lost its original attributes of solid dependability . It is now being made by some Chinese company which bought the brand from Microsoft, which in turn was the original purchaser of Nokia.Hope the build quality has been maintained by the Chinese company to save Nokia's brand name.
Nokia is owned by HMD global which is a Finland company, not a Chinese.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Not yet released and will be bigger than 6.1 plus.
Oh.. that may be the reason it is not shown in Nokia Price list. However, as per specifications provided 7 Plus is about 10mm longer than 7.1. Ofcourse 7 plus is very stylish (with the diamond cut steel side profiles) comparing 6.1 plus.

Presently, am using a phone which has 5.8 inches length (5.5inch display) and I don't prefer new phone bigger than this.

Shortlisted Nokia 6.1plus, Nokia 8 Sirocco and Samsung S7 or S7 Edge.[roll]

Got a Nokia 6.1 Plus for my dad as a second phone along with his OP3 today afternoon.Initial impressions are good and its almost as fast as his 2 year old OP3 and camera quality is good for that price range.Initially,I told him to buy an iPhone or OnePlus 6T as primary phone and keep Oneplus as second phone.But,ordered a 6.1 Plus yesterday afternoon at 12pm and got it by 2pm.He is a Nokia die-hard fan and had bought Nokia phones before smartphones came into picture.After using this,I told him to giveaway the OnePlus so that I would use it or sell it off and buy an iPhone as a primary phone after few days by keeping 6.1 Plus as second phone.But,I'm no Android user and lover as I've iPhone as my daily driver.

Bought it for Rs.16000 at flipkart and now present price in flipkart as of today is Rs.15000.

Oh.. that may be the reason it is not shown in Nokia Price list. However, as per specifications provided 7 Plus is about 10mm longer than 7.1. Ofcourse 7 plus is very stylish (with the diamond cut steel side profiles) comparing 6.1 plus.

Presently, am using a phone which has 5.8 inches length (5.5inch display) and I don't prefer new phone bigger than this.

Shortlisted Nokia 6.1plus, Nokia 8 Sirocco and Samsung S7 or S7 Edge.[roll]
Sir,if your budget is around Rs.15k,then get Nokia 6.1 Plus.

Thanks.

The budget is not a problem. Can stretch upto 25/26K.
Still looking for more choices (not in a hurry and can wait some more time)[roll]
Then stretch your budget by another Rs.10k and buy a Oneplus 6T.Its one of the best Android phones under Rs.40k hands down.

BTW,my friend has purchased Oneplus 6T 6GB RAM+128GB storage after release(he prebooked it) and played with it for sometime and captured some pics from his 6T and performance is as good as my iPhone if not better than my dad's Oneplus 3.Thinking to buy one for myself if I'm okay with Android and some of my friends had suggested me to get Oneplus over iPhone as they didn't want me to buy another iPhone(oh yes,I'm a pure iOS lover and user)or else,I'll go for iPhone once again(this time I would buy an 8 Plus or XR or XS mostly).

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Then stretch your budget by another Rs.10k and buy a Oneplus 6T.Its one of the best Android phones under Rs.40k hands down.
Thanks yours.

This time, I prefer to go for a non-Chinese phone. Also, I want a phone with display 5.5 inch or full phone length not exceeding 6 inch. If I have to consider these two conditions, then I will have to select phones from Nokia/Samsung/Sony/Sharp etc.

I have been comparing models like Xperia XZ2 Compact, XZ1, Nokia 6.1plus, Nokia 8 Sirocco, Samsung S7/S7 Edge (of course 2016 models hence not in preference list now)..[roll]

Why don't you go for pixel 3 or pixel 2

My pixel 2 captures better photos than iphones most of the time.

And the new night mode is freaking unbelievable.

Pixel 2 and 2xl are at about 44k.

You get latest software too with monthly security updates.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Why don't you go for pixel 3 or pixel 2

My pixel 2 captures better photos than iphones most of the time.

And the new night mode is freaking unbelievable.

Pixel 2 and 2xl are at about 44k.

You get latest software too with monthly security updates.
Sorry, I missed your above post.[roll]

44K is too much. My budget is under 30K.

Heard that Nokia 7.1 will be launched in India on 6th Dec and just want to compare that one also..

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have now almost decided to go for Nokia 7.1 which goes on sale today in India. Just waiting to see if some online offers (cash back on using credit card, etc.) coming in a day or two. [roll]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Booked Nokia 7.1 midnight blue at Rs.19999/- from HMD Global. Along with the handset, I will be getting a Nokia Bluetooth earphone worth Rs.3360 as a free gift. (Amazon and flipkart not yet listed this handset, hence had to buy directly from HMD Global)

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mozilla Firefox Lite mobile browser app launched for Android devices

Mozilla has launched a new lightweight and fast mobile browser in India. The ‘Firefox Lite’ browser first made its debut in Indonesia back in August 2018 as Firefox Rocket. The browser is basically designed to offer Android users privacy-focused and fast experience. The company has also announced its strategic partnership with a few Indian entities. Additionally, the company asserted that the Lite version of Firefox is less than 4MB in size, unlike the original browser.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Android Q Beta Debuts: How to Download, Compatible Devices, New Features, and More

• Android Q Beta 1 supports even original Pixel and Pixel XL models
  • Final public release of Android Q is set for Q3 2019
  • Android Q brings Sharing Shortcuts and support for foldable devices
Read:

Top Bottom