My Ashok Leyland Stag (Customized)

Thread Starter #1
Guys, thanks for all support. Our new mini bus was finally delivered yesterday.

the bus is a AL Stag, body built by Sisira, Kalady. They have done a commendable job. i can further comment on its build quality only after 6-7 months. initial impressions are good though. Our only requirement was that the bus should be a clone of the 49 seater buses we have. This one is a 29 seater non-AC.

Some grouses:
1) Lighting on the exteriors & interiors have gone over the top IMO. they claim its necessary in kerela!
2) the ladder they have given to climb to the roof is useless.

However, the music system of the bus was done by Mr. Dhanesh Verma (recommended by sisira itself) who has done an awesome job. i am totally impressed with the ICE... err, IBE!

More details & videos of the ICE follows.

the only additonal accessory is Automatic opening of door & bonnet (air operated) & laser lights.

Pics below.

yes sure, i can take a video of that for you.
As promised, Video of laser show also below!

Now i am not a big fan of this Laser show in a bus but its the most "demanded" things by customers now! Also, it looks crappy in the video but its nice in real. But the music quality rocks & the sub really hits, even in such a big bus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62QsN3KiEWM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9_O0HX3X4A

Attachments

Last edited:
Great man! the buses looks alike. The small one can be identified only because of the rear top indicators (which are positioned to the corner in the small one).

Thread Starter #6
Pretty impressive, I must say. How much did you spend on the IBEs of your larger buses?
And why no A/c?
The IBE of the bigger buses is due for upgrade now, after the smaller bus's IBE has turned out to be great, we have called the installer to spruce up the bigger buses too!

AC buses have lesser demand.

Our next buy most probably would be an AC Tempo Traveller.

Wow, great.

Rajeev, by any chance Aishwaraya Travels runs in Bangalore also?
If yes, do you have corollas on hire?
sorry, no.

Great man! the buses looks alike. The small one can be identified only because of the rear top indicators (which are positioned to the corner in the small one).
thanks buddy.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Some more pics of the bus:

Exterior pics with lights on (this is what i meant when i said the lights are overdone) & some interior pics with Laser lights on & off-

Attachments

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Sorry to say this, but the bus is way too much Bling-Bling for me.

And the headlights in the first pic :frustration:

Go get some standard Halogen bulbs, dude.

ilango[speed thirst];43546 said:
The build looks perfect , exact match,

We plan to build caravan too in future , studying ans working on them - Building a full body is still a ?
So the don is now into body-building, eh?[;)][;)]
Yesh, the interior lights are too overdone. Why so, Rah?

Thread Starter #13
Sorry to say this, but the bus is way too much Bling-Bling for me.

And the headlights in the first pic :frustration:

Go get some standard Halogen bulbs, dude.
even for me!

even i dont like bling bling stuff but the people in kerela like this, so we have to make it flashy...

the headlights are normal halogen. what you see are city lights.

Note: the exterior colourful lights were not specified at the time of order. by the time we went to take delivery, they were already fixed.

So the don is now into body-building, eh?[;)][;)]
Yesh, the interior lights are too overdone. Why so, Rah?
actually, the 'normal' interior lights are quite subtle. normal white bulbs with blue LEDs for night time.

but the "laser lights" are quite flashy & the young crowd in kerela prefer such flashy buses only, especially on picnics & excursion trips.

these lights are never switched ON unless they demand it.

Thread Starter #15
true shynish. i like my bus when its daytime with all the lights off... simple & sweet! as it is, i will never use the bus for personal purposes! i will have to make it according to what the customers demand.

Also, please note that the "laser show" is appearing too loud & bright in the pics as it was taken from my phone in night mode. look at the video to get a better idea. its not as loud as it appears from the pics.

Last edited:

Top Bottom