An Oath To Encourage Indian Products

Thread Starter #16
Rupee value goes down when we import more than we export.
Isn't it directly connected things? doesn't it work in circles?

My views are of layman's,utterly basic.

When we consume more of foreign origin goods then either you need to import more or bring the manufacturer to our homeland.

Sure ,I am being Paid in Dollars presently and it is at 49.56/$ now . and last year it hovered around 39-40 .
but even with more Indian money in hand than last year,I feel I am being less paid this year compared to last year.as

When I return to my home there is nothing left in pocket either . From salt to gold, everything is on fire.Can it be due to RBI interference. I dont think so.

I can very much cut down on cost. if I buy basic household items from Desi source. like the toothpowder ,for example.

that is my logic.

my uncle's kid wants a pizza instead of regular Dal chaaval and uncle feels the heat!! and my friends prefer McDonald hamburger(Rs.40) against Vada paav Rs7.(How are we being pulled like a magnet?is it western humility)

End of the day we remain at Zero.

well saying all this sounds good but is it practical guys?? am saying in reference to cars only now..well deeply think why people buy foreign cars?? only because they have got better quality, feature etc etc! who does want to take full value for his money?? even 99% people posting in this thread own foreign cars..we should start ourself. charity begins at home guys!! no offence meant plz.
It may not be practical in all case but we can easily do it whenever possible. Even that much will make a difference. I have already started in my own little way even before this thread started.

Autosafari's viewpoint click with me , so do jayadev's pocket reality for most of us.
The economic scenario of our country in the current global scenario is a vast & complex subject.
Our seemingly open economy is still watched and controlled by RBI and other institutions to safeguard countries interest. If you study the control of rupee vs pound / dollar since early 1900, you would understand somewhat.
Swadeshi vs multinational is not a cool argument. The more open and competitive the economy, the more robust and strong it gets. It promotes growth as a whole and the nation gets richer.

How many of us go for Indian make cars (TATA), first word that comes out is "Desi hai yaar problem hoga". I cannot say Maruti as Indian Car as still major stake is owned by Suzuki (Maruti Suzuki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Autosafari's viewpoint click with me , so do jayadev's pocket reality for most of us.
The economic scenario of our country in the current global scenario is a vast & complex subject.
Our seemingly open economy is still watched and controlled by RBI and other institutions to safeguard countries interest. If you study the control of rupee vs pound / dollar since early 1900, you would understand somewhat.
Swadeshi vs multinational is not a cool argument. The more open and competitive the economy, the more robust and strong it gets. It promotes growth as a whole and the nation gets richer.
I do agree with this.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
I have been travelling to many countries, and did not observe this thing practical anywhere other than in middle east "oil" related countries. but there ,moment the resources are over they are finished.

We in India try to compare with those "Richer countries" that is when obviously we think about "Multinational" thing.We start loosing many things.

I remember a dailogu of Amithabh bachan in movie Sarkar ‎" Najdiki fayda dekhne se pehle door ka nuksaan sochna chahiye"

Dollar is Just an example to quote here. we are suppose to look at ourselves first . what is the Value of Rupee in our own country compared to an year before.

For example :- an year back for Rs.50 you could buy a litre of petrol but now you need to pay Rs.70. I wonder if anybody get the drift.Now no need to say it is international market price etc etc..

If things keep going out of hands we wont be able to help ourselves government will collapse and many public sectors will operate pvtly and mnc's.

In simple terms and in common eyes :those MNC's pays grand remunerations sure, but that much money is being extracted from those who are not employed in the same firm (common man). now from where does he bring that much money if he does not have any proper source of income??

Even though it is bit complicated to explain but actuality is too simple and on face.

I have been travelling to many countries, and did not observe this thing practical anywhere other than in middle east "oil" related countries. but there ,moment the resources are over they are finished.

We in India try to compare with those "Richer countries" that is when obviously we think about "Multinational" thing.We start loosing many things.

I remember a dailogu of Amithabh bachan in movie Sarkar ‎" Najdiki fayda dekhne se pehle door ka nuksaan sochna chahiye"

Dollar is Just an example to quote here. we are suppose to look at ourselves first . what is the Value of Rupee in our own country compared to an year before.

For example :- an year back for Rs.50 you could buy a litre of petrol but now you need to pay Rs.70. I wonder if anybody get the drift.Now no need to say it is international market price etc etc..

If things keep going out of hands we wont be able to help ourselves government will collapse and many public sectors will operate pvtly and mnc's.

In simple terms and in common eyes :those MNC's pays grand remunerations sure, but that much money is being extracted from those who are not employed in the same firm (common man). now from where does he bring that much money if he does not have any proper source of income??

Even though it is bit complicated to explain but actuality is too simple and on face.
Excellent from a dialogue prospective but how true it is in real world ? We cannot stay attached to the Desi products completely. I am not saying that we will die but quality plays a major role, isn't it?

God forbid but how many of us would like to take our loved ones to a Govt. run hospital (IT IS JUST AN EXAMPLE FOR REFERENCE ONLY). I am not talking about affordability here but the truth is almost none. Similarly, we cannot say that boycotting International stuff will give pull to Desi items. There is a possibility that Indian market would collapse because of demand and supply difference + quality.

We should control our population (it is uncontrollable now i guess) before promoting Desi-ism or idea like that completely.

Since there are things, which are outside our area of control we should be rational and see the possibility to stay within limits and promote Desi products as much as possible.

This topic is vast and there is no full proof plan to determine what is good and what is not !!

Thread Starter #22
There is a possibility that Indian market would collapse because of demand and supply difference + quality.
I dont see a chance for this to happen in India,other than if some serious "ghotala" happens.I have heard and known we are self sufficient.

Since there are things, which are outside our area of control we should be rational and see the possibility to stay within limits and promote Desi products as much as possible.
First it is to be against "corruption" ,(hope it still has the momentum.)

Corruption and other allurements is what everything uncontrollable.

when corrupt beurocrats are dealt with then things will take on its own natural course. but before everything general interest of common Man plays most important role .
This topic is vast and there is no full proof plan to determine what is good and what is not !!
Sure it will take time. we are only handful of people who ever thought about it. rest of the population hasn't even thought abt "is it the money or materials which is attracting more value"

If common man wants foreign ideas and products then Govt will provide the same ..ie. "by the people for the people"
We should control our population (it is uncontrollable now i guess) before promoting Desi-ism or idea like that completely.
logically if we are more in numbers then we have more work force hence more Revenue. then where does the Revenue Goes??

Excellent from a dialogue prospective but how true it is in real world ?
The sad fact is we (majority) are not interested in such matters. we are interested in movies,Celebrities,sports.

Very nice and debatable topic, it matches with our current ongoing research work on how International companies are making a lot of bucks from an Average Indian.

We are being taken into a ride and the growth of these international products are pushing people to buy their products just like when Indians were forced to learn English before Independence.

Jayadev can I put some points in my notes from your post #1?

Top Bottom