An Oath To Encourage Indian Products

Thread Starter #1
U CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO THE INDIAN ECONOMY BY FOLLOWING FEW SIMPLE STEPS:-

Please spare a couple of minutes here for the sake of India .

I got this article from one of my friends, but it's true. I can see this in day to day life.

Here's a small example:-

Before 12 months 1 US $ = INR Rs 39
After 12 months, now 1 $ = INR Rs 50

Do you think US Economy is booming? No, but Indian Economy is Going Down.

Our economy is in your hands....

INDIAN economy is in a crisis. Our country like many other ASIAN countries, is undergoing a severe economic crunch. Many INDIAN industries are closing down. The INDIAN economy is in a crisis and if we do not take proper steps to control those, we will be in a critical situation.

More than 30,000 crore rupees of foreign exchange are being siphoned out of our country on products such as cosmetics, snacks, tea, beverages, etc... which are grown, produced and consumed here.

A cold drink that costs only 70 / 80 paisa to produce, is sold for Rs.9 and a major chunk of profits from these are sent abroad. This is a serious drain on INDIAN economy.

We have nothing against Multinational companies, but to protect our own interestsm we request everybody to use INDIAN products only atleast for the next two years. With the rise in petrol prices, if we do not do this, the Rupee will devalue further and we will end up paying much more for the same products in the near future.

What you can do about it?

1. Buy only products manufactured by WHOLLY INDIAN COMPANIES.
2. ENROLL as many people as possible for this cause.....

Each individual should become a leader for this awareness. This is the only way to save our country from severe economic crisis. You don't need to give-up your lifestyle. You just need to choose an alternate product.

All categories of products are available from WHOLLY INDIAN COMPANIES.

LIST OF PRODUCTS

COLD DRINKS:-

DRINK LEMON JUICE, FRESH FRUIT JUICES, CHILLED LASSI (SWEET OR SOUR), BUTTER MILK, COCONUT WATER, JAL JEERA, ENERJEE, and MASALA MILK...

INSTEAD OF COCA COLA, PEPSI, LIMCA, MIRINDA, SPRITE

BATHING SOAP:-
USE CINTHOL & OTHER GODREJ BRANDS, SANTOOR, WIPRO SHIKAKAI, MYSORE SANDAL, MARGO, NEEM, EVITA, MEDIMIX, GANGA , NIRMA BATH & CHANDRIKA

INSTEAD OF LUX, LIFEBUOY, REXONA, LIRIL, DOVE, PEARS, HAMAM, LESANCY, CAMAY, PALMOLIVE

TOOTH PASTE:-
USE NEEM, BABOOL, PROMISE, VICO VAJRADANTI, PRUDENT, DABUR PRODUCTS, MISWAK

INSTEAD OF COLGATE, CLOSE UP, PEPSODENT, CIBACA, FORHANS, MENTADENT.

TOOTH BRUSH: -
USE PRUDENT, AJANTA , PROMISE

INSTEAD OF COLGATE, CLOSE UP, PEPSODENT, FORHANS, ORAL-B

SHAVING CREAM:-
USE GODREJ, EMAMI

INSTEAD OF PALMOLIVE, OLD SPICE, GILLETE

BLADE:-
USE SUPERMAX, TOPAZ, LAZER, ASHOKA

INSTEAD OF SEVEN-O -CLOCK, 365, GILLETTE

TALCUM POWDER:-
USE SANTOOR, GOKUL, CINTHOL, WIPRO BABY POWDER, BOROPLUS

INSTEAD OF PONDS, OLD SPICE, JOHNSON'S BABY POWDER, SHOWER TO SHOWER

MILK POWDER:-
USE INDIANA, AMUL, AMULYA

INSTEAD OF ANIKSPRAY, MILKANA, EVERYDAY MILK, MILKMAID.

SHAMPOO:-
USE LAKME, NIRMA, VELVETTE

INSTEAD OF HALO, ALL CLEAR, NYLE, SUNSILK, HEAD AND SHOULDERS, PANTENE

MOBILE CONNECTIONS:-
USE BSNL, AIRTEL

INSTEAD OF HUTCH

Food Items:-
Eat Tandoori chicken, Vada Pav, Idli, Dosa, Puri, Uppuma

INSTEAD OF KFC, MACDONALD'S, PIZZA HUT, A&W

Every INDIAN product you buy makes a big difference. It saves INDIA . Let us take a firm decision today.

BUY INDIAN TO BE INDIAN - We are not against of foreign products.

WE ARE NOT ANTI-MULTINATIONAL. WE ARE TRYING TO SAVE OUR NATION. EVERY DAY IS A STRUGGLE FOR A REAL FREEDOM. WE ACHIEVED OUR INDEPENDENCE AFTER LOSING MANY LIVES.
THEY DIED PAINFULLY TO ENSURE THAT WE LIVE PEACEFULLY. THE CURRENT TREND IS VERY THREATENING.

MULTINATIONALS CALL IT GLOBALIZATION OF INDIAN ECONOMY. FOR INDIANS LIKE YOU AND ME, IT IS RE-COLONIZATION OF INDIA . THE COLONIST'S LEFT INDIA THEN. BUT THIS TIME, THEY WILL MAKE SURE THEY DON'T MAKE ANY MISTAKES.

WHO WOULD LIKE TO LET A "GOOSE THAT LAYS GOLDEN EGGS" SLIP AWAY?

PLEASE REMEMBER: POLITICAL FREEDOM IS USELESS WITHOUT ECONOMIC INDEPENDENCE

RUSSIA , S.KOREA , MEXICO - THE LIST IS VERY LONG!! LET US LEARN FROM THEIR EXPERIENCE AND FROM OUR HISTORY. LET US DO THE DUTY OF EVERY TRUE INDIAN.

FINALLY, IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU CAN'T GIVE UP ALL OF THE ITEMS MENTIONED ABOVE. SO GIVE UP AT LEAST ONE ITEM FOR THE SAKE OF OUR COUNTRY!

We would be sending useless forwards to our friends daily. Instead, please forward this mail to all your friends to create awareness.

"LITTLE DROPS MAKE A GREAT OCEAN ."

PLEASE TRY TO FOR INDIA.....

350Z

Core Team
Re: An Oath To Encourage Indian Products

Nice initiative. But a drawback is that since the major demand is for multinational brands, that is why the shops also do not usually keep some of the Indian products.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4

And does the quality also plays a major role.

Think about supermax or topaz shaving baldes against 7oclock or gillete blades .

But if we end users become aware and conscious then it would naturally come on to right track.

End users live in dreams and sleep , listens to media and advertisements and follows like herd.
We have to wake up.

You haven't mentioned about Buying Indian/ Indigenous Cars and Home appliances.
Exactly what I was thinking. Buy a Tata, Mahindra, Bajaj instead of Maruti, Chevy, Hyundai etc.

Fill fuel at IOC, HP, BP instead of Shell.

Use MRF, Appollo, JK instead of Bridgestone, Yokohama etc.

Fly Air India instead of Emirates, KLM, BA etc.

Use Asian Paints instead of Dulux.

Thread Starter #6

You haven't mentioned about Buying Indian/ Indigenous Cars and Home appliances.
IMO we don't have technology or infrastructure to develop indigenous cars.we don't even have same for computers or IT products, for which we will have to rely on foreign techs but basic things ,house hold things can be very much considered as a primary option for our day to day needs, which is being flooded by cheap chinese or korean products.

Last edited:

i don't know much about economics. but i have come to know that indian companies like bajaj has producton units in china where in they assemble electrical appliances and ship it to india and make a huge profit. in a way they are aiding the economy of china which i feel is our number 1 enemy than the US. while companies like coke and pepsy buy the produce of our farmers and produce products in india using our labour force.( i had stopped using coke and pepsi after the iraq invasion of us ). our large companies are no better than multinationals in fleecing consumers. when they are not doing good business they play the card of patriotism to improve their business. the businessmen are in it for profit whether its multi national or indian. what i think would be the remedy for this slowing of our economy would be to be more competitive and put out better products that can compete with those of multinationals.( please don't take me to be unpatriotic as i differ in opinion )

Thread Starter #9
I agree with you smooth rider.

But due to these forign monsters our small scale industries get uprooted.

If we give a try from now on may be gradually we can see the Difference.

for example , I have been using locally made tooth powder since sometime. it has no special brand name ,no advertisements , no side effects and as cheap as dirt and quite good too. similarly toilet soap ,tea snacks, buscuits etc.

Fortunately cocal cola and pepsi has left Kerala little bit so we can Find butter milk and Coconut stalls everywhere.

If I buy a colgate or bigger ones the manfacture will levy the cost of product plus cost of promotion, like advertisement, packaging,flavour,colours etc.
which in somewhat ways is imposition.

Attachments

I agree with Jayadev ,
Since India has a lot of potential (that never gets used,if yes it gets used for something that helps politician to earn extra bucks). Every indian should get indian cars bikes and products rather then Japanese ,American brands

and Yes 1 Aussie dollar gone 51 rs

I completely agree with Jayadev and we need to be rational on few grounds at times. There are certain things on which we can stick to Indian brands and quality is also good. But on some items we do not have much choice.

well saying all this sounds good but is it practical guys?? am saying in reference to cars only now..well deeply think why people buy foreign cars?? only because they have got better quality, feature etc etc! who does want to take full value for his money?? even 99% people posting in this thread own foreign cars..we should start ourself. charity begins at home guys!! no offence meant plz.

That article has some basic errors.

Its looks like a common type forwarded e mail.

Indian Rupee was not 39 for 1 dollar one year ago. (It was around 45)
Now its around Rs 49 per dollar.

Its not because Indian economy is going down. Economics is not this simple and it does not work this way.

There is a liquidity crisis is US. So FIIs are selling shares in Indian exchanges and exiting with their cash and its dollars (so there is more need of dollar now)

Since our country is in trade defecit always, foreign exchange required for our imports are made up by investments from foreign companies. With less investments coming in, we will have less dollars and Rupee depreciate further.

So to avoid such a situation, we need more and more Foreign investment here and for that they need a market in this country.

Indian companies should export more and for that they should improve quality and cost effeciency and that demands competition and competition comes from foreign companies operating here.

Further, the foreign comapnies coming to India to serve Indian market, leverage the economies of scale and start exporting to other countries making our country as a manufacturing hub.

These foreign companies can't set up operations in India just for export market alone since the leverage from labour arbitarge alone is not so attractive.

So by using so called Indian owned company products and boycotting foreign company products, we are not gaining anything but there are a whole lot to loose.

Further if the Indian comapny is producing with imported inputs, then it will aggrevate the situation.

If you are on a travel through the remote hinterlands of our country or on a highway rest point, what will you consume with confidence? Coke/Pepsy/Mazza/Slice or a local unknown brand.

Eventhough I don't drink coke/pepsy in a normal situation, I would happily grab that instead of going for an unknown local make.

With the kind of corrupt and incapable system we have, quality will be a casuality in the hands of many Indian (I said many and not all) if there is no competition from foreign companies.

Finally I qualify by saying that foreign companies are no angels.

But the point is the article (on which this thread is based) do not have any logic.

Thread Starter #14
Its looks like a common type forwarded e mail.
yes, I think it is mentioned .

There is a liquidity crisis is US. So FIIs are selling shares in Indian exchanges and exiting with their cash and its dollars (so there is more need of dollar now)
That is too much technical and a diplomatic reason, mostly biased by political leverage.

We Indians would be seen working in US firms and but how many of the Americans are working in Indian firms?(jeopardy)

So to avoid such a situation, we need more and more Foreign investment here and for that they need a market in this country.
I dont think so. we are self sufficient since long time.

So by using so called Indian owned company products and boycotting foreign company products, we are not gaining anything but there are a whole lot to loose.
Finally I qualify by saying that foreign companies are no angels.
There is a differnce between ,straight and true "Indian owned companies" and pseudo ones. unfortunately we have pseudo as majority which have a "Made in India" banner only on forehead.

Liquor ,for example, hot red wine vs Palm wines.

Fruits vs fruit juices.

MNC shopping mall vs desi grocery stalls.

There are lot of clauses but when money rotates within us it apparently "Feels fine", and should be so.

But the point is the article (on which this thread is based) do not have any logic.
I dont get it. why not?

I dont get it. why not?
See, I am not debating here about whether Indian companies or Indian Products are good or bad. There is good and bad depending on companies.

But the statement that the Indian Rupee is going down because Indians are consuming goods manufactured by Foreign companies is not correct.

Keep in mind that they are talking about goods manufactured in India by Foreign owned companies (and not about goods imported all together). If it was about goods imported all together, then it does hold logic.

Rupee value will not go down just because the Foreign owned companies take out the profits. Because profits (left out after re investments, huge overheads and taxes) are a small percentage of the Sales

Rupee value goes down when we import more than we export.

If we cannot export more, then we need foreign exchange in the form of investments from other countries. For other countries to invest here, they need a market here. (There is no question of self sufficiency in this context)

And many times Government/RBI manipulate exchange rates. If Rupee value is less, then Indian exports will be cheaper and so can export more. And Indian exporters and IT companies earn more with depreciating Rupee. Meantime government collects more Customs duty in the case of depreciated Rupee (Customs duty is calculated in Indian Rupee and with depreciated Rupee, duty will be more eventhough the cost of the goods is same in Dollars)

Top Bottom