An Art of Using AC

Thread Starter #1
Though you don’t have a sun film (which is banned) on your car by following this method, you can cool your car superfast with your AC. There are many in this forum complaining about AC. There may be a genuine problem in your AC, but you can try this too. I learnt this art in Texas, USA.
1. During summer, open your windows a little bit on the front driver side and passenger side. This allows air to flow freely inside your car. If you close all your windows tight, then the air inside your car which can’t escape heats up and makes it as an oven.
2. As soon as you start your car open all the windows completely, and blow your fan at high speed. Take the air from outside, as it will be relative cooler than the hot air inside your car. Don’t need to switch your AC now. Just let the blower takes the hot air outside.
3. After 5 minutes switch on your AC and close all the windows. Keep the blower in speed 3 or 4.
4. Now you can change air take from inside your cabin and within minutes you will be chilled and you can change you blower speed to 1 now.

Note: Moderator, if it is repeated or posted on wrong section, please take the necessary action.

Me too doing the same thing to ward off the effect of scorching sun and to get a real cool cabin in short span of time.

Thread Starter #4
Simple yet smart. And Texas is one of the places to check how effective your ac is.
Yes, Texas is damn hot during summer. It is hotter than Bangalore.

Now I am put up in Boston. During winter it is a mess here. We need to start our car 10 minutes before drive and need to wait until it gets warmer. There is nothing we can do other than starting it remotely and waiting 5-10 minutes for it to get warmer :)

Yeah thats a good trick with Aircons , I do the same . I don't really like to drive my car with Aircon on , it just keeps the revs so high and my turbo kicks in kicks off . I get the worst fuel economy ( its not good anyways :p)

My mate had an auto skyline with remote start , that was fun cuz in winters that bugger used to start the car 10 mins before and car would have nice warm interior unlike mine (manual)which had racing aluminum shifter that would be freezing to death [surprise]

Boston might be cold at this stage (getting colder I guess)

Thread Starter #6
@codename47, Buddy it is warm here now. Winter/snow starts on December. So I will enjoy weather untill then. Anyways I will come back to India on this month end :)

I too follow the exactly same trick with the A/C.
Though my car is having auto A/C but still it makes me uncomfortable due to the continuous blasts it give if we set the temperature anything below 25 degrees and hence at the end I just switch off the auto mode and follow this well tried and tested trick.
BTW,how many of you never switch off the blower?My car's blower is never switched off,only because if the windows are open then also the blower running at high speeds blows air on me from another side..It makes me happy.:stupid:

BTW,the cars which have rear A/C vents are even better with this technique.

@codename47, Buddy it is warm here now. Winter/snow starts on December. So I will enjoy weather untill then. Anyways I will come back to India on this month end :)
is it warm In the states?
Aussie weather is opposite to India and rest of the world [:D]
I don't use much heater in the winters though but use aircon, helps me to get rid of the fog/mist from the windscreen

you going to india ? good luck man , I haven't been to India in approx 4.5 years

I have been to Melbourne. And many times I have found the weather to change suddenly. It was a scorching noon and suddenly it became very cold in a matter of few hours. I was told it depends on the air, and from where its coming. Its get hotter if the air is coming from hot deserts up north. And it gets cooler when air comes from down south. Have never gone deep to know the facts. But yes, weather changes are so fast in Melbourne.

BTW,how many of you never switch off the blower?My car's blower is never switched off
Even i used to follow this approach, i never used to switch off the blower and Most of the times the windows are closed with AC on, if not blower will be on forever.

Me too never turn off my blower,it's always on 1 position and just goes to 2-3-4 but never turned it completely off.Is it a bad thing??

If your car is parked in the hot sun , then opening the boot and and closing will help to get rid of the warm air inside the car.
This works only if your car is not a sedan :biggrin:

Top Bottom