Americans Do Not Prefer Buying Cars of Indian or Chinese Make

Thread Starter #16
Re: Americans not open to buying cars from India, China

Don’t we ever feel why people in India itself sometimes think twice before going for a Chinese product, especially if it’s something big as car? There’s the catch. Because our mindset has set up such that all Chinese goods are of cheap quality and do not last long.
Adding to it, many people in India itself consider the Indian cars like Tata, Mahindra etc. are of poor quality compared to Korean or Japanese cars. So how will Americans consider them?? [anger] Those who think so should check out the latest offerings from these Cos. The quality has improved tremendously compared to a decade ago.

I thought this thread was about american opinion on indian cars. But looking at the posts, i see that its more like indian opinion on american opinion on indian cars.

I just had two things to say:
One) Newsprint and other media can be used to influence opinion of the society
Two) To comment on a thread like this, it is important to have a basic understanding of the evolution of car market in the US and the common features of the current generation of models

I don't understand the theme of this thread. If Americans could buy the Yugo which is the automobile equivalent of a natural disaster, then any brand has an equal chance of succeeding in the US market provided they can prove that they are there to stay and provide good a.s.s. That's what Hyundai did and that's why they are where they are. And i remember the days when i couldn't get myself to say 'Hyundai' right.

Re: Americans not open to buying cars from India, China

Adding to it, many people in India itself consider the Indian cars like Tata, Mahindra etc. are of poor quality compared to Korean or Japanese cars. So how will Americans consider them?? [anger] Those who think so should check out the latest offerings from these Cos. The quality has improved tremendously compared to a decade ago.
agree dude! indian autos have got everything but they dont improve quality. only one best car know from india is scorpio!!

Top Bottom