Amazon Basics Tyre Inflator Review

Thread Starter #1
Amazon Basics Tyre Inflator

Got my tyre inflator delivered today. I was looking upon a lot of models for at least 2-3 years and I never had the confidence to buy one. Recently my friend bought this same model and I used it for some time. Liked this product very much so ordered it on 16th and received it.
1.jpg

Received it with a bag which is slightly tight fit(my friend's was very tight). Needs a little effort to remove the inflator from the bag.
2.jpg

Digital gauge with pressure in psi, bar and some more units. Neat layout of buttons and feels good quality too.
3.jpg

Haven't tested the flash light yet, but from reviews, I read it is decent.
4.jpg

Neat slot for the air hose which is very short.
5.jpg

Another neat slot for the Power cable with the cigarette lighter port. Also you get a ball nozzle and a spare fuse(which is very thoughtful).
6.jpg

The inflation speed is good for cars and is very fast for bikes and scooters. I tested it on both the dukes, my dad's activa and Tiago.
7.jpg

There is a slight trick while fixing and removing the air hose. You need to slightly press the hose against the valve so that air doesn't leak while tightening or removing. Also the inflator fills .5psi extra so that it compensates while removing the hose.
8.jpg

Will need to use it extensively and see how long it lasts. It costed me around 2100 rs. Mrp is 2400 rs.

Thread Starter #3
I think almost all the amazon basics and solimo products are like that only. So far very happy about the performance of the product. It gives me a peace of mind while travelling with my family in my car.

deville_56

Honoured Member
I think almost all the amazon basics and solimo products are like that only. So far very happy about the performance of the product. It gives me a peace of mind while travelling with my family in my car.
True that. Indeed I don't have a spare wheel [clown]

Replaced the connector with this type for ease of use. Scavenged from my old conked off Coido inflator.

2020-03-29 10-27-45.jpg

Good purchase decision.. I have been using Windek Tyre Inflator for close to 4 years now and it is an important tool to have in the boot. I had compared it against a professional air pump at a known tyre shop and found its accuracy to be spot on. Pretty good for a ₹1500 product (back in 2016). I am positive that Amazon has sourced this from the same manufacturer as Windek (a company called Richtek in China) and customized its own branding.

Windek Digital Tyre Inflator Review

Thread Starter #8
Been using this product for almost 3 months now. Working fine and totally satisfied with it. Using it to fill 3 Two Wheelers and 1 Four Wheeler every alternate week.

deville_56

Honoured Member
How did you replace it what is the procedure.
Old valve from defunct Coido inflator. It was secured with a metal sleeve crimped permanently. Had to cut that to remove it. Any 6-mm or even 7-mm valve would do.

2020-03-29 10-25-27.jpg

The spring-like contraption secures it in place. It can be moved by just twisting. Stock valve comes off easily.

2020-03-29 10-26-26.jpg
2020-03-29 10-26-46.jpg

Comparison.

2020-03-29 10-27-14.jpg

Put the new one and twist it back. Pretty simple process. [cheers]

2020-03-29 10-27-45.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Hi @vijesh_360. Thanks for sharing the review. Could you update how’s been the experience with Amazon Basics Tyre Inflator so far as I’m in market for one.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #14
It is working good. I have been regularly inflating my car, bike and cycle with it. No problems as of now. It doesn't have any fancy features but I will definitely recommend it.

Top Bottom