Maruti Alto K-10 VXi or Hyundai Eon Magna+

• Alto K-10 VXi

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Eon Magna+

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
re: Alto K-10 VXi or Hyundai Eon Magna+: Booked AltoK10

Although the Hyundai EON is higher on equipment and looks, the Alto K10 scores a better stance when it comes to drive-ability, power, and reliability. However, with K10, you will have to compromise with the old interiors and not so exciting exteriors. And you wont get even Airbags/ABS as option even on the option list.

Thread Starter #17

Hello TAIans,

Thank you so much to all of you for your valuable inputs. Today I went and booked my first car - Superior White Alto K-10 VXi.. [:D] After going through this thread, my wife was OK with we going for Alto but still wanted me to test drive Eon and feel it!

So yesterday we went to the nearest Hyundai showroom to TD Eon. The sales executive was very friendly and explained us how & why Eon is better than Alto K-10. After checking the vehicle, I was little tempted and once I sat on driver's seat, I had almost dropped the plan of buying Alto. Such is the interior design, color, space, fit & finish of the car. I felt it is definitely worth every single penny I spend on it. But all these thoughts were shattered when I started the car! I felt vibration all over my body and this was visible during the entire TD in all the gears. Sales executive explained to me that since it is a 3 cylinder car, NVH level will be more and also new cable type leaver used in the gear which is causing this problem but will reduce gradually. I was not sure if it will reduce in the future and K-10 being a 3 cylinder car is very smooth. My wife sitting in the rear also felt the vibration. Finally we decided to go for Alto as it is sufficient for our needs. Again since we have plans to upgrade to a sedan or a diesel hatch after 2 years, Alto will definitely fetch a better resale value than the Hyundai.

I have to wait for 10 more days for the car [cry]. I will post the pictures once I get the delivery.

Hello TAIans,

Thank you so much to all of you for your valuable inputs. Today I went and booked my first car - Superior White Alto K-10 VXi.. [:D] After going through this thread, my wife was OK with we going for Alto but still wanted me to test drive Eon and feel it!

So yesterday we went to the nearest Hyundai showroom to TD Eon. The sales executive was very friendly and explained us how & why Eon is better than Alto K-10. After checking the vehicle, I was little tempted and once I sat on driver's seat, I had almost dropped the plan of buying Alto. Such is the interior design, color, space, fit & finish of the car. I felt it is definitely worth every single penny I spend on it. But all these thoughts were shattered when I started the car! I felt vibration all over my body and this was visible during the entire TD in all the gears. Sales executive explained to me that since it is a 3 cylinder car, NVH level will be more and also new cable type leaver used in the gear which is causing this problem but will reduce gradually. I was not sure if it will reduce in the future and K-10 being a 3 cylinder car is very smooth. My wife sitting in the rear also felt the vibration. Finally we decided to go for Alto as it is sufficient for our needs. Again since we have plans to upgrade to a sedan or a diesel hatch after 2 years, Alto will definitely fetch a better resale value than the Hyundai.

I have to wait for 10 more days for the car [cry]. I will post the pictures once I get the delivery.
congrats buddy welome to the k10 club may be we can make a photo shoot of my black k10 and your white k10 together [;)]
once you start driving it you will want to keep and not bother about resale..
please post a detailed ownership review with lots of pictures

Good brakes -- Are these after tire upgrade or with stock tires?
With stock tires.

Congrats crazy4cars [clap]
What is the on-road cost ? Also insist the SA to give Mud flaps, mats, reverse horn, steering cover, body cover and perfume for free.

The only thing K-10 Alto doesnt have is CNG
Yes, but you can fit a after market kit easily.

Thread Starter #21
Re: Alto K-10 VXi or Hyundai Eon Magna+: Booked AltoK10

congrats buddy welome to the k10 club may be we can make a photo shoot of my black k10 and your white k10 together [;)]
once you start driving it you will want to keep and not bother about resale..
please post a detailed ownership review with lots of pictures
Sure Eyedocsri..[:)] I will post the pictures as soon as I get the delivery and will try to write a review after coupld of drives.[clap]

Thread Starter #22
With stock tires.

Congrats crazy4cars [clap]
What is the on-road cost ? Also insist the SA to give Mud flaps, mats, reverse horn, steering cover, body cover and perfume for free.
Thank you Surfer. OTR price came upto 3,74,809 INR. This is after the discount of Rs.34,000 (30k cash discount + 4k corporate discount). I am getting mud flaps, dicky mat, floor mat, perfume & Idol for free. Asked for body cover but didn't get. I will ask for reverse horn and steering cover.[;)]

Congratulations buddy on booking your Alto. That was a right choice you made. And you got a pretty good discount as well.

Congrat's on your new car buddy, K-10 is the best 3cylinder Engine available in the market hope you will cherish every Km with her.

Congrats for your K10 buddy. Which version have you booked?

As for freebies, don't expect much from Maruti guys, since the K10 is already selling like hot cakes.

Thread Starter #27
Congrats for your K10 buddy. Which version have you booked?

As for freebies, don't expect much from Maruti guys, since the K10 is already selling like hot cakes.
Thanks Akash. I have booked VXi superior white color. Yes you are right, I did not get much freebies. I checked in couple of showrooms and I was told that dealers are not giving anything as instructed by Maruti and they will be fined if found out giving freebies.

Thanks Akash. I have booked VXi superior white color. Yes you are right, I did not get much freebies. I checked in couple of showrooms and I was told that dealers are not giving anything as instructed by Maruti and they will be fined if found out giving freebies.
Congrats on your booking crazy4cars. Alto K10 is a nice car that combines both practicality as well as performance together from India's Trusted Brand Maruti. Waiting for some cool pics of your new ride and an elaborate ownership review.

Top Bottom