Alloy Wheels Discussions and Show Off

Hi All,
Let me present before you "My love". I have gifted her new jewellery. Hope you all like it.
On the ramp
View attachment 192180
At my home
View attachment 192181
View attachment 192182
View attachment 192183
Sun shines, she shines.
View attachment 192185

Tyres are 195/60/R15.
Note : I will upload better pics after an undergoing mod [:D]
While checking the Auto Expo 2016 pics on the other forum, I found this. Almost same alloys as mine on a Mahindra Imperio

Alloys.jpg

This is quite a coincidence.[:)]

All,

After searching alloys for Wagon R 2009, vxi, red color, I think Stingray alloys would be the best bet. Although they are 14 inch.

Questions --
1. Will they fit the old wagon R
2. If yes, what would be the right tire size and brand as well
3. Should I stick to 13"?

Need your suggestions.

All,

After searching alloys for Wagon R 2009, vxi, red color, I think Stingray alloys would be the best bet. Although they are 14 inch.

Questions --
1. Will they fit the old wagon R
2. If yes, what would be the right tire size and brand as well
3. Should I stick to 13"?

Need your suggestions.
What is the stock tyre size of your WagonR?

14" is possible but you will lose ride comfort as WagonR already has very short sidewalls.

Nice choice of rims. Very subtle understated design, goes very well with your Vista's colour. In fact, the wheel can pass off as stock/company fitted to casual observers. [:)]
Thank you, yes sometimes it feels like a stock one because of the color of alloys. And my preference was same too.

Had many recommendations for black colored ones, but somewhat decided against it.

These look like 14". Any reason for not going with 15 inchers?
Thought of it initially, but never wanted to hamper ABS functioning.

Tyre size is 185/65/R14 stock was 175/65/R14

The wheels look wide, in a good way! [:)]

Did you use spacers or the offset is the reason for this beefy stance? What tyres (size) are you running?
Hi ice_wise,
Thanks a lot!
I haven't used any spacers.
Its the low offset offset, that is making the stance beefy.
I had upgraded to 175/64 R14 Yoko Earth-1 straight from the showroom when i was running on stock rims.
The new alloys were protruding out much with the 175 sized tire, which isn't to my liking, so changed to stock size.
AFAIK, low offset will make the wheels protrude outwards from the wheel well.
Regards
Car's Paradise

AFAIK, low offset will make the wheels protrude outwards from the wheel well.
Regards
Car's Paradise
Not low, but negative offset.

The beefy look has more to do with the alloys, and not the tyre width. Anyway at the end of the day, what matters is your satisfaction with the upgrade. Didn't you incur loss in trading the 175 section tyres for stock size?

Not low, but negative offset.

The beefy look has more to do with the alloys, and not the tyre width. Anyway at the end of the day, what matters is your satisfaction with the upgrade. Didn't you incur loss in trading the 175 section tyres for stock size?
Thanks a lot!!!
I did not incur much loss, as the tire merchant is my friend[:D] and the car's mileage on the odometer was low during the swap, so some how managed it.
It was a difficult decision to switch to the stock size, but it was to my satisfaction so went ahead.
With the stock size, the tires are protruding less out from the wheel well.
Regards
Car's Paradise

Last edited:

Top Bottom