All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift Now Launched

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Maruti Swift Limited Edition arrives at dealer – First look video

Maruti Suzuki Swift Limited Edition gets Blue Bluetooth stereo, two speakers and black painted wheel covers. Hat tip to automotive enthusiast and Youtuber Ujjwal Saxena for sharing the images and video.

Ahead of the festive season in India, Maruti Suzuki India Limited has introduced Maruti Suzuki Swift Limited Edition which is based on the LXi/LDi trim and receives additional equipment as a part of its special package.

Maruti Suzuki Swift Limited Edition is priced at Rs 4.99 lakhs. Its additional features are limited to exterior and interior updates but it continues to be powered by the same engine seen on its regular counterpart.

Feature updates include a single DIN Bluetooth stereo, two speakers and black painted wheel caps. It also gets front power windows, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors and ABS as standard.

Maruti Suzuki Swift Limited Edition sees no changes in mechanics though its new features are set to attract more customers to company showrooms. It continues to be powered by the same petrol and diesel engines seen on its regular counterpart. The 1.2 liter petrol offers 82 bhp power and 115 Nm torque while the 1.3 liter diesel is capable of 74 bhp power and 190 Nm torque, mated to a 5 speed manual transmission or AMT unit depending on trim levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YP3rfFawio#action=share

The new Maruti Suzuki Swift hatchback, launched earlier this year at the 2018 Auto Expo, is among the top selling cars in the country. With over 1 lakh sales in just 145 days of launch, averaging around 19,000 units per month, Maruti Suzuki Swift is sold in a total of 6 variants -LXi, LDi, VXi, VDi, ZXi and ZDi and 14 trims. It competes with Hyundai Grand i10, Ford Figo, Toyota Etios and Mahindra KUV100.

Apart from the Limited Edition Maruti Suzuki Swift, the company has also launched Ertiga Limited Edition at INR 7.80 lakhs in May this year followed by DZire Special Edition in August priced at INR 5.56 lakhs and in early September launched the Ignis Limited Edition via its NEXA showrooms in the country.

Source:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Maruti Swift RS 1.0L Boosterjet Spied On Test For First Time

Spotted in a black colour scheme, the Swift RS boasts a new set of 16-inch alloy wheels that is different from what can be seen in the Baleno RS. As for the powertrain, the 998 cc Boosterjet K10C, three-cylinder, DOHC, direct-injected, turbocharged petrol engine is used for propulsion.

Maruti Suzuki will introduce sporty exterior enhancements on the Swift RS as a new bodykit may make its way into the model. It will adorn ‘Swift RS’ badge at the rear as well as possible interior tweaks to maintain the sportier theme over the regular variant. The Maruti Suzuki Swift RS could be priced at around Rs. 8 lakh (ex-showroom) when it goes on sale.

Read:

Thread Starter #139
After being elusive for 16 months, Maruti Suzuki SWIFT becomes the best seller in September 2018.
Maruti makes a clean sweep of the 7 positions while Hyundai claims 3 in the top 10 positions!

3-1.jpg

Source:AutoPunditz

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Maruti Swift crash test – Structure unstable, 2 star safety rating, lower than Vitara Brezza

The Maruti Swift which was crash tested featured 2 airbags and had a kerb weight of 1,079 kgs. It managed to score only 2 star safety rating, which is really low. Export spec variant has been awarded 3 star rating by Euro NCAP.

Global NCAP said, “The two star result for adult occupants is due to high compression to the driver chest, unstable structure and poor protection for the feet explained by pedal displacement on the driver side.”

“However comparing it to its twin model for the European market, the Indian version underperformed in the frontal crash test and is offering less safety features like side body and curtain airbags and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) that are standard for Europe, in India are not even optional.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hBlTEBSBxM#action=share

Read more:

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Maruti Swift crash test – Structure unstable, 2 star safety rating, lower than Vitara Brezza

The Maruti Swift which was crash tested featured 2 airbags and had a kerb weight of 1,079 kgs. It managed to score only 2 star safety rating, which is really low. Export spec variant has been awarded 3 star rating by Euro NCAP.

Global NCAP said, “The two star result for adult occupants is due to high compression to the driver chest, unstable structure and poor protection for the feet explained by pedal displacement on the driver side.”

“However comparing it to its twin model for the European market, the Indian version underperformed in the frontal crash test and is offering less safety features like side body and curtain airbags and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) that are standard for Europe, in India are not even optional.”
Seems the Brezza result was a one-of and why not, MSIL themselves had said Brezza would be the 1st one to meet crash test norms but MSIL hasn't probably learnt anything from their past failures. Earlier gen Swift had got Zero and this time with Airbags still a poor rating. This crash test result now proves my point that alongwith with safety gadgets & features it is equally important to have a stable structure in place to complement.

And no wonder, The discrimination by MSIL in domestic & export variant has been always there. The biggest mistake that most people do here is that they feel if a foreign spec Swift got better star rating for safety same would be the case for the Indian spec but with the statements of GNCAP and the result, I hope people would understand the difference.

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Many people who buy Maruti cars are not much worried about safety features and NCAP Test result etc. They just compare the price, easy service center facility and mileage gain. I think Maruti is taking advantage on this count and just manufacturing cars and sell like hot cakes.

I always thought if new tin can Heartect platform performs well in NCAP then it would be perfect answer for maruti critics BUT as expected results are otherwise. I expect same results for dzire, baleno, ignis as well manufactured by MSIL. I you want safe maruti, you have to go up in price range - Brezza, Ciaz, Scross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hBlTEBSBxM#action=share

Read more:
I can give it to you in WRITING that, even after this 2* Global NCAP rating, the Swift twins will sell better next month from their high's of 22K and 21k of this month.

God save our stupid Junta.

Regards
Vinod

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I always thought if new tin can Heartect platform performs well in NCAP then it would be perfect answer for maruti critics BUT as expected results are otherwise. I expect same results for dzire, baleno, ignis as well manufactured by MSIL. I you want safe maruti, you have to go up in price range - Brezza, Ciaz, Scross.
Bro, there is no way in which today's Swift can be termed as cheaply priced and neither the Dzire is cheaply priced. Infact, Dzire is among the most highly priced CS by MSIL. New Swift was launched with so much of ho-halla and what not but the core reason of failure hasn't been addressed properly it seems even in this generation. Secondly, to me the only two cars seem capable i.e Brezza and S-Cross and I doubt that even India made CIAZ would be as good. The CIAZ test you are referring to was the Thailand made one and the test was done in 2016 by ASEAN NCAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7joVWm9q1I
Credit: ASEAN NCAP

I can give it to you in WRITING that, even after this 2* Global NCAP rating, the Swift twins will sell better next month from their high's of 22K and 21k of this month.
1000% true[cheers]

Regards

Akash

This is appalling. Both Maruti and Government’s decisions are pathetic. If this car with updated safety, which is meant to qualify Indian mandatory safety norms, then imagine how weak the supposed new safety norms are. Companies like Maruti, lobbied to reduce the crash test speed to 56kph instead of 64kph in all other NCAP and that shows here.

Bro, there is no way in which today's Swift can be termed as cheaply priced and neither the Dzire is cheaply priced. Infact, Dzire is among the most highly priced CS by MSIL. New Swift was launched with so much of ho-halla and what not but the core reason of failure hasn't been addressed properly it seems even in this generation. Secondly, to me the only two cars seem capable i.e Brezza and S-Cross and I doubt that even India made CIAZ would be as good. The CIAZ test you are referring to was the Thailand made one and the test was done in 2016 by ASEAN NCAP.

Regards

Akash
I think it because Ciaz is not based on So called "High tensile, low weight HEARTECT platform". It's build quality is comparable to Honda city(verna and Europeans are superior) and far better than new swift, dzire and baleno.

What is disappointing is not the 2 star per se, but the fact that bodyshell of the Swift is unstable. What is the point of even 2 stars if body shell is unstable? It is only as good as Kwid [anger]

The worst part is I this is the full frontal test and not the Frontal Offset 40% and 20% test used in international Markets. Maruti dominates with last minute discounts making their products ultra VFM and people showing screenshots of MID mileage being higher than rea lworld in many cases by upto 30%. People need to get out of this low maintenance, High mileage, Low priced cars with High resale. You cant trade safety for High resale value and mileage. And the New Swift, Dzire, Baleno, Ignis all sell on this platform. Goof knows how the Wagon R, Celario, Alto, Omni perform. Eeco has aldready shown 0 star rating.

I hope GNCAP Tests all hatchbacks /compact Sedans/ Compact SUV, C and D segment cars in the market from the top 7/8 manufacturers in India so we know where each one stand with respect to safety. Its high time consumers know how thier cars perform in safety tests with Frontal offset, Side impact, pole, whiplash and pedestrian safety tests at 64km per hour. I hope the Bharat safety assessement changes from 56km to 64 km. Least Govt should make it mandatory for any car with ex showroom price above 7 Lakh rupees.

Ciaz is also very lightweight compared to its Huge size. The petrol Gross weight is around 1520 KG and Kerb weight is around 1030KG. Being over 4.5 meters long and 1.5 liter engine with Lithium Battery weight and VFM pricing, its highly IF it was tested for safety it may not do much better.

Top Bottom