All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift Now Launched

re: All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift Spotted in India,now Launched!

For me that's not one bit of fun instead that is sheer miscommunication and utterly illogical way of training the executives by the brand...
Regards

Akash
During my conversation with him I told him not to spread such things like pedestrian won't get hurt because this car has soft metal, people will actually drive carelessly after listening to this. You know Indian consumers well.

Smartly MS is trying to divert attention from thin metal to soft metal to save pedestrian.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
re: All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift Spotted in India,now Launched!

During my conversation with him I told him not to spread such things like pedestrian won't get hurt because this car has soft metal, people will actually drive carelessly after listening to this. You know Indian consumers well.

Smartly MS is trying to divert attention from thin metal to soft metal to save pedestrian.
Sadly that is becoming a norm in the industry i.e in some or the other way couple of brands are projecting their products incorrectly. In India where driving and road safety is a major concern such half-hearted and incorrect statements add fuel to the fire. But not to forget, the SA/executive's salary & incentive is based on the sales so he/she has to present the facts in a sugar coated manner. Really sad state of affairs. Seeing this, I feel we are still better off with Indian cars that do not have a crash test ratings because neither the dealer nor the brand is trying to project / pass-on incorrect info to buyers or trying to miss-communicate to them about the safety & strength.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Re: All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift Spotted in India,now Launched!

For me that's not one bit of fun instead that is sheer miscommunication and utterly illogical way of training the executives by the brand. The executives @ dealerships are 1st point of contact for the buyer/customer of any brand and if they easily accept this type of info by brand and pass it on to the buyers then all I can say is "GOD HELP THE BUYERS". Can't blame the executive entirely though on this because majority of them have limited knowledge and understanding of automobiles and due to this they act like puppets of the brand. Keeping international crash tests ratings of a car by a brand as benchmark w.r.t India is not of any use since none of the international spec mass market cars are sold in India. It can just be a mere reference point only for customers if they feel like knowing about them. Projecting a India spec car similar/same to the international spec is nothing but a gimmick. Only enthusiasts can actually differentiate between them or perhaps a relatively minor bunch of informed buyers may be able to differentiate.

Regards

Akash
In absence of standardization of NCAP norms, basic consumer ignorance about safety, unprofessional selling will only thrive. Who are we talking about here? How many of these salesmen are passionately doing the job because they love all things automobile? They are utterly uninformed people who only know how to manipulate customer sentiment by attracting them towards useless gimmicks. We are talking about potential first time buyers here. I have been through so many car ownerships now and its the same routine. The sheepish comment " Sir, you seem to know more about the car", its not even flattering. At least some of the managerial staff at dealerships have better knowledge, but they seem to be busier than a Fortune 500 company's GM/VP in respect of access to buyers.

The majority of this 60k bookings are previous Swift owners, new owners are just around 20% as per Maruti Suzuki dealer Trivandrum .
This just goes ahead to prove the satisfaction and trust the owners have shown in the brand. It is not very often, that someone upgrades back to the same model of the car, however, here, taking into consideration the new platform and the added space, the new Swift is being considered as an upgrade to the old version, which itself is a success for the team that has worked on the facelift.

This just goes ahead to prove the satisfaction and trust the owners have shown in the brand. It is not very often, that someone upgrades back to the same model of the car, however, here, taking into consideration the new platform and the added space, the new Swift is being considered as an upgrade to the old version, which itself is a success for the team that has worked on the facelift.
Probably yes or it could also be probably the safe approach that a majority take in India when buying cars , the fact that the previous gen SWift had one of the least comfortable back seats, one of the worst boot space, one of the most notoriously turbo laggy and unrefined diesel motor , apparently the one with least safety kits on offer and a structure that was criticized for pathetic crash worthiness still sold 2x more than the nearest competitor i10/Grand i10 too says a lot about how majority buy Maruti in our country.

That said the new SWift is a winner, Suzuki has improved on every count that matters, whether be it looks, space, efficiency, driving nature safety, everything has been properly taken care of, only issue I find is that the top end SWifts feel a tad over priced, despite being made in India its around 80-90k more expensive that the 2nd/3rd best selling car in its class
https://www.carwale.com/new/quotati...MKkm7C7PgFyu/rTw==&t=5K9lfhMKkm7C7PgFyu/rTw==

Test drove the petrol ZXI+ earlier this week, listing down my observations below:

- Looks may divide opinions but we will get used to it after seeing a lot of these on our roads. I personally did not like a White ZDI that was parked at my apartment but this test car (ZXI+) with red tone looks a lot better to me.
- Low end pick up was decent but eager to pull is felt only after 1800 RPM. We were three on board with AC during TD.
- Engine note was audible inside cabin above ~2500RPM, even with under hood insulation sheet. Red lined at ~6200 RPM in 2nd gear with ~85-90 KPH on the speedometer.
- According to SA, 2018 model has lost 96 kilos over outgoing version. I sincerely hope HEARTECT platform proves its strengths when it comes to saving lives.
- Clutch was super light and gear shifts were perfect with well defined gates.
- Suspension was decent, it neither felt stiff nor soft/jumpy.
- Steering is something I cannot live with, coming from a Tata. It is way off in accuracy and not at all confidence inspiring. It also misses out the 'active return to center' feature which is greatly missed.
- Rear window is set a bit high, not to my liking. I also didn't like the way rear door handle is integrated up high. It is not ergonomic either.
- Glad to see full wheel well cladding on rear and partial cladding on front. I was surprised to learn that most Hyundais don't have any cladding whatsoever.

Vinyls, chrome surround on grill and red paint on fog surrounds were dealer level modifications:
Collage_Front_Rear.jpg

Would have been nice if rear door handles faced the opposite sides so that right rear door was opened by right hand left door by left hand. It feels awkward to use the closest hand when opening rear door.
Collage_Side_View.jpg

Collage_3Q.jpg

Decent dashboard layout which most of us will like. MID had tons of information including outside temperature. Dual tone horn sounds nice and loud. Engine didn't have a cover, and exposed exhaust lines looked ugly to me.
Collage_Dash_Engine.jpg

Kudos for including wheel well cladding on front & rear. Car rode on 185 section rubber:
Collage_Wheel_Well.jpg

Last edited:
TD Swift Diesel MT, and here are my views :-

1) Suspensions are pathetic.
2) Steering is better than Baleno, but still okish. Felt good to hold.
3) Brakes felt good, though there was some squeezing noise from front discs.
4) GB was amazing.
5) Clutch travel is less and light.
6) Engine Performance was good but noisy, you will easily know it’s a diesel.
7) Front seats were good, but still wasn’t able to find comfortable seating position.
8) Rear Seats are pathetic, bad underthigh support and are upright. Though legroom was okish.
9) AC was powerful.
10) Interior Quality was way too pathetic, was able to hear right C-pillar rattling.
11) FE is damn good, I won’t be surprised if it gives more FE than Tiago Diesel. Even heavy foot gave me 11.7 kmpl in short run.
12) Doors were thin and very light.

Overall an okish car, but definitely not worth 9.84 lacs OTR Mumbai.
Sales Team here in Mumbai is pretty bad, had to pug an e-mail for SA to contact me [frustration]

Last edited:
TD Swift Diesel MT, and here are my views :
8) Rear Seats are pathetic, bad underthigh support and are upright. Though legroom was okish.
Agree on the poor rear seat comfort. Took a ride in a colleague's new Swift Vxi sometime back, the rear seat is the same as the Celerio, only in black upholstery. Older Swift Vxi seats are much better. I own bith Celerio and old swift vxi, a 2 hour ride in the back seat of my Celerio gives me back ache, but not the case with my swift. New swift has been diluted (Baleno is actually the swift now)

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi+ and ZDi+ Variants with AGS Launched in India for Rs.7.76Lakh

Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi+ and ZDi+ Variants with Automatic Gear Shift Launched in India for Rs 7.76 Lakh

Maruti Suzuki has launched the two new variants of all-new swift in India today – the ZXi+ AGS and ZDi+ AGS priced at Rs 7.76 lakhs and Rs 8.76 lakhs respectively (both prices ex-Showroom, New Delhi). These are now the new top variants of the Maruti Suzuki Swift Range. Launched at the Auto Expo 2018, the new Maruti Suzuki Swift was earlier available in 8 variants. The ZXi+ and ZDi+ variants were at the top of the range and fully loaded with features but lacked in the automatic transmission. Until now there was no option available for the buyers who were looking for the variant with Smartplay touchscreen infotainment system and automatic transmission.

The 2018 Swift is built on the same platform as the Baleno, which is 10-15 percent lighter. This is the 3rd generation of Swift and Suzuki has retained the overall silhouette of the original Swift which was launched back in 2005. The front fascia has been revamped completely with a large grille, new headlights and even the new tail-lights. The protruded rear end looks sportier than ever. The new Swift sports 15-inch alloy wheels with 185/65 R15 tyres.

Inside the cabin, the 2018 Swift gets a minimalistic dashboard, a new upmarket steering wheel, and two-pod instrument cluster. Even the feature list is exhaustive – like the touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink, paddle-shifters and much more. As for its features, the all-new Swift now comes with leather-wrapped steering wheel, two tweeters, reverse parking sensors, front fog lamps, smart key with push-button start, automatic climate control, electrically retractable outside rear view mirrors, rear defogger, rear wiper and washer, adjustable rear seat headrests and even a boot lamp.

The new Maruti Suzuki Swift is available with two engine options - 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine. The current 1.3-litre engine with 84 PS output is already one of the peppiest diesel motors in the country. However, Maruti re-tuned the engine to get more output, efficiency and performance. Moreover, the Swift also gets the auto gearbox like the 2017 DZire in both the petrol and diesel engines. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and AGS is also available as an option.

Source:

Re: Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi+ and ZDi+ Variants with AGS Launched in India for Rs.7.76

I wonder how many people would be ready to shell 10 lacs plus for top end ZDI+ AGS Swift !!!
You can get better cars at that price including decent sedans.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Maruti Swift gets a feature-packed Special Edition model: No price increase

To make the new Swift hatchback more attractive to car buyers this festive season, Maruti has introduced a feature- packed special edition version of the car. The new Maruti Swift Special Edition is based on the base, LXi and LDi variants of the car. It gets a range of new features at no increase in prices. Prices of the Swift Special Edition start from Rs. 4.99 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

As for feature additions on the car, it now gets a Bluetooth-enabled single DIN music system with twin front speakers, power windows for driver and front passenger, central locking and reverse parking sensors. As for cosmetic changes, the hatchback now features black wheel caps, body-coloured door handles and wing mirror housings. The car remains mechanically unchanged.

What this means is, the petrol variants are offered with a 1.2 liter K-Series engine with 82 Bhp-113 Nm. The diesel engine on offer is a 1.3 liter Fiat Multijet turbocharged unit with 74 Bhp-190 Nm. Both engines get 5 speed manual gearboxes as standard. People wanting automatic variants of the new Swift will have to opt for higher variants, which get 5 speed automated manual transmission options on both the petrol and diesel motors.

The new Maruti Swift has been doing close to 20,000 units in monthly sales. It goes without saying that the 3rd generation Swift hatchback has been a mega hit for Maruti Suzuki. The car gets a range of accessories through Maruti’s iCreate personalization program. These accessories are dealer level fitments and are available both as cosmetic enhancements on the outside to functional changes on the inside.

The new Maruti Swift is based on the HEARTECT platform that it shares with the likes of the Dzire and the Baleno. This platform uses high strength, light weight steel to keep weight low. In fact, the 3rd generation model is the lightest in the Swift range across generations. These weight savings have made the new Swift peppier and more fuel efficient. The car gets twin airbags and ABS as standard across variants.

Source:

Last edited:

Top Bottom