All New Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 (LXi) Ownership Review

^^ This is really nice deal. Hope the system is fitted properly for best sound quality effects. Please take pictures while installation. The front door already has a hidden cutting in the door pad for speaker installation.

Thread Starter #243
^^ This is really nice deal. Hope the system is fitted properly for best sound quality effects. Please take pictures while installation. The front door already has a hidden cutting in the door pad for speaker installation.
Thanks Anshumanda. Will post pictures once I reach Kolkata.

Hi Tenida, Please install the Component speakers in the front for better sound quality. The tweeters can be mounted on dash or on the doors (corner pods where the mirrors are mounted).
Thanks Varun. Yes I will install the component speaker on front door. And tweeter on dash but where to put the crossover? Besides the speaker or under the dash area?
Btw will install the CS6 on rear door, don't like to install on rear parcel tray.

Few queries:
1)Which type of wire should I ask the installer to give?
2) I like to purchase antenna like in Eon. Is it possible for Alto?
3) How to see if the installer is installing in proper way without cutting any wire?
4) Wire should not be bend too much?

Last edited:
The cross over in my car is just as small as a match box, so if it is small you can place it below the dash. I have placed them inside the door.

If you want a antenna which is stuck on to windshield (inside) get Indica's costs around 400.
Make sure the installer uses a coupler onto shock wiring instead of slicing the OEM wiring.

I guess 800's rear door can't accommodate any size speakers. Wires can be bent they are flexible, I guess you should be getting a bundle of wires with speakers ?

Dear All,

Need your help here. My Alto 800 LXI makes a quite big noise as compared to other cars when on IDLE. This is not a engine noise, but it vanishes as soon as you press the clutch. It sounds like a Diesel Car.

Also, you cannot hear this sound when you are inside, but if you are standing outside you can hear it clearly. Thats the reason I have always ignored it since i bought it last year.

Could anyone confirm if there is something wrong with my Alto.

Regards,
Pavan

Hello guys,
Im kind of new to the forum. I was still new to driving when i decided that I would buy a car for myself. Budget was never a concern but we decided on getting a small car as it would be good as a first timers car for me. And we ended up checking out the Eon and Alto. Finally decided on alto due to its slightly better drive-ability. Iv opted for the metallic grey.
I have done about 1500 km by now in about 20 days. (Cars been idle in vizag since the last 20 days).
Im very much comfortable with my driving now and im planning to get it to Hyderabad were im staying right now once the license plates are put up on the car.
(In AP, these days IND plates are getting late and i mean properly late.
Its been 25 days since iv got my car registered and i dont have the RC book nor the IND plates on my car :( )

The current list of accessories are:
1. MGA window visors
2. MGA rear spoiler
3. Sony xplod with 4 speakers (AUX and USB in)
4. complete floor mats
5. arm rest
6. mobile charger
7. dual horn
8. AUTOCOP Terminator central locking
(along with the 3 door switches which I had to plonk in. Cant believe MS doesnt even give door switches :( )
9. Art leather seat covers.

As its my first car, i would want it to possible have everything that it could. That being said, i wouldnt want to over spend things on useless things. :)

I will try to upload few pics as well. (As im browsing through my office laptop, copying my media from iphone is a pain)

Do let me know in case there are any more functional upgrades that could be done.

Hello guys,
Im kind of new to the forum. I was still new to driving when i decided that I would buy a car for myself. Budget was never a concern but we decided on getting a small car as it would be good as a first timers car for me. And we ended up checking out the Eon and Alto. Finally decided on alto due to its slightly better drive-ability. Iv opted for the metallic grey.
I have done about 1500 km by now in about 20 days. (Cars been idle in vizag since the last 20 days).
Im very much comfortable with my driving now and im planning to get it to Hyderabad were im staying right now once the license plates are put up on the car.
Its been 25 days since iv got my car registered and i dont have the RC book nor the IND plates on my car :( )

1. MGA window visors
2. MGA rear spoiler
4. complete floor mats
5. arm rest
6. mobile charger
7. dual horn
(along with the 3 door switches which I had to plonk in. Cant believe MS doesnt even give door switches :( )

As its my first car, i would want it to possible have everything that it could. That being said, i wouldnt want to over spend things on useless things. :)

I will try to upload few pics as well. (As im browsing through my office laptop, copying my media from iphone is a pain)

Do let me know in case there are any more functional upgrades that could be done.
Today I got quotation from Ambal Auto, Coimbatore for Alto 800 LXi varient:

Cost of Vehicle : Rs.3,21,790/-
Insurance(P to P Insu) : Rs. 13,282/- ( I will not opt this, I will take insurance on my own)
Road tax and Road Safety Tax : Rs. 34,079/- ( I am in TamilNadu)
Basic Accesseries : Rs. 2745/- (Mud flap, cut mat and Number plat only) (No free!!!!!!!)
Reg. and Handling Charges : Rs. 6180/- (Too much high)
3rd and 4th year Ext. Warrenty : Rs. 4193/- (ok)
Auto card : Rs. 449/- (ok)
Full Mat : Rs. 1900/- (Costly)

Total Cost : Rs. 3,84,618/-
Discount : Rs. 25,000/- and Rs. 1,500/-(Corporate discount)
Final On road price : Rs. 3,58,11

This is quotation given by the dealer. I feel that it has lot of hidden costs in this quotation.

Dear experienced friends, how can I deal with the SA to get better offer to buy my dream Alto 800 LXi varient. And also I want to install other essential accessories like Music system, Seat cover, Stearing cover, Side mirror, side beading and Car care kit. The new Alto 800 buyers can share their views...

You can also share your deal of quotation, show that new buyers like us can get knowledge about the deal and not been cheated by SA.

To Mod:
I dont know where is the relevent tread to post this post, If any other tread is there kindly link to that tread and inform me...

Thankyou

Encounter007

Hello guys,

1. MGA window visors
2. MGA rear spoiler
4. complete floor mats
5. arm rest
6. mobile charger
7. dual horn

Today I got quotation from Ambal Auto, Coimbatore for Alto 800 LXi varient:

Cost of Vehicle : Rs.3,21,790/-
Insurance(P to P Insu) : Rs. 13,282/- ( I will not opt this, I will take insurance on my own)
Road tax and Road Safety Tax : Rs. 34,079/- ( I am in TamilNadu)
Basic Accesseries : Rs. 2745/- (Mud flap, cut mat and Number plat only) (No free!!!!!!!)
Reg. and Handling Charges : Rs. 6180/- (Too much high)
3rd and 4th year Ext. Warrenty : Rs. 4193/- (ok)
Auto card : Rs. 449/- (ok)
Full Mat : Rs. 1900/- (Costly)

Total Cost : Rs. 3,84,618/-
Discount : Rs. 25,000/- and Rs. 1,500/-(Corporate discount)
Final On road price : Rs. 3,58,11

This is quotation given by the dealer. I feel that it has lot of hidden costs in this quotation.

Dear experienced friends, how can I deal with the SA to get better offer to buy my dream Alto 800 LXi varient. And also I want to install other essential accessories like Music system, Seat cover, Stearing cover, Side mirror, side beading and Car care kit. The new Alto 800 buyers can share their views...

You can also share your deal of quotation, show that new buyers like us can get knowledge about the deal and not been cheated by SA.

To Mod:
I dont know where is the relevent tread to post this post, If any other tread is there kindly link to that tread and inform me...

Thankyou

Encounter007

Dear Encounter007, Whatever you do that is the actual value of the car to come on the road. The hidden costs which we think cannot be questioned further and that too with the manufacturer who is on the top of the charts.

You will waste time researching on how to cut the price, the best way is to negotiate further-more and do visit other dealers, then compare and buy. It was 3.40 when my cousin bought the vehicle in 2013 Sept. So it's evident prices will have raised.

If you ask me, it's a waste buying extended warranty for Maruti cars.Cancel the Mud flaps and the accessories that has been put there and by all the needed stuff on your own for much cheaper price in the market(I think it's easier in Kovai to source these parts) and then try pushing for more discounts.

Dear friends,

Maruthi Suzuki Alto 800 LXi or Hyundai Eon Era+ (Rs. 40,000 more)? Which is best car to buy?
Some of my friends telling that Hyundai Eon is better than alto. Is it correct?
It all depends upon your needs, preferences sir. To keep it simple Hyundai Eon due to its tall boy design will be little more comfortable than Alto 800 and better quality interiors.
Where it gives way for Maruti is expensive service charges and less peppy than the alto 800.

Alto 800 is small, great service back-up and has enough power than the EON.

Top Bottom