All-New Hyundai Verna (2023) Launched

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2023-all-new-hyundai-verna-front.jpg

The new Verna gets a starting price tag of Rs 10.9 lakh (ex-showroom introductory). The all-new Verna comes after the recent launch of the fifth-generation facelift model of the Honda City. Hyundai already started accepting the bookings for the new Verna at a payment of Rs 25,000.

20230321010704_WhatsApp Image 2023_03_21 at 13.06.31.jpeg

The all-new Hyundai Verna has become larger in size than before. It now offers a massive boot space of 528 litres, which is about 50 litres more than its predecessor.

new.jpg

The cabin of the new Verna gets distinguished for the turbo and non-turbo variants. The turbocharged variants will get an all-black colour scheme with red highlights on the AC vents. The naturally-aspirated variants will come with dual-tone black and beige dashboard for seats. The car also comes with two-spoke steering wheel, which is a first in the segment and also looks quite sporty om the car. The AC vents are seamlessly integrated to the dashboard.

2023-all-new-hyundai-verna-sedan-front-3-quarters.jpg

The dashboard of the top-end variant will come with features like electronic parking brake with auto-hold for the DCT automatic variants. The manual transmission variants will offer the regular manual handbrake. The top-end variant will also come with 10.25-inch dual screens that will work as an infotainment system and an instrument cluster.

2023-all-new-hyundai-verna-sedan-profile.jpg

Other features include multiple driving modes, parking assist features, and ventilated front seats. Hyundai will also offer ADAS features with the new Verna. After the Tucson and Ioniq5, the Verna will become the third vehicle from the brand to get the autonomous features.

2023-all-new-hyundai-verna-prices.jpg

The ADAS includes features like adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, lane exit warning, autonomous emergency braking and many more such features.

The car will come with 1.5-litre petrol engine options. The naturally-aspirated 1.5-litre petrol engine produces a maximum power of 115 PS and is available with the manual and an automatic transmission. The more powerful 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine generates a maximum power of 160 PS and gets both 6-speed manual and a 7 speed automatic DCT. 0-100 Kph for the turbo petrol variant is rated at 8.1 seconds, making the all-new Verna the quickest car in its segment.
////

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Thanks @Nairrk for timely sharing the update. Following is the pricelist as well as major highlights of the the sixth-generation Hyundai Verna.

New Hyundai Verna Price (Ex.Showroom, Delhi):
  • ₹10,89,900: EX MPi Petrol (MT)
  • ₹11,95,500: S MPi Petrol (MT)
  • ₹12,98,500: SX MPi Petrol (MT)
  • ₹14,23,500: SX MPi Petrol (IVT)
  • ₹14,65,900: SX (O) MPi Petrol (MT)
  • ₹14,83,500: SX Dual-Tone Turbo GDi Petrol (MT)
  • ₹14,83,500: SX Turbo GDi Petrol (MT)
  • ₹15,98,900: SX (O) Dual-Tone Turbo GDi Petrol (MT)
  • ₹15,98,900: SX (O) Turbo GDi Petrol (MT)
  • ₹16,08,000: SX Turbo GDi Petrol (DCT)
  • ₹16,08,000: SX Dual-Tone Turbo GDi Petrol (DCT)
  • ₹16,19,500: SX (O) MPi Petrol (IVT)
  • ₹17,37,900: SX (O)Turbo GDi Petrol (DCT)
  • ₹17,37,900: SX (O) Dual-Tone Turbo GDi Petrol (DCT)

Hyundai-Verna-2023-Launch.jpg

Hyundai-Verna-2023-Front.jpg

Hyundai-Verna-2023-Side.jpg

Hyundai-Verna-2023-Rear.jpg

Hyundai-Verna-2023-Alloys.jpg

Hyundai-Verna-2023-Taillamps.jpg

Hyundai-Verna-2023-Interiors-1.jpg

Hyundai-Verna-2023-Interiors-2.jpg

Hyundai-Verna-2023-Front.jpg

New Hyundai Verna Exterior Colors

Hyundai-Verna-Exterior-Colour.jpg

New Hyundai Verna Interior Colors

Hyundai-Verna-Interiors.jpg

New Hyundai Verna Features Comparison

Hyundai-Verna-2023-Features-1.jpg

Hyundai-Verna-2023-Features-2.jpg

Hyundai-Verna-2023-Features-3.jpg

New Hyundai Verna Technical Specifications

Hyundai-Verna-Technical-Specifications.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
All this hoopla, and gizmos and LEDs everywhere and space age looks etc will only look good and meaningful to me if it's NCAP rating is 5 stars.
If not, well, then it will look very stupid.
Personally I am put off by the design. All cars from Hyundai are looking worse than before. With each iteration they are achieving a new low in design.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

Nairrk

Honoured Member
All this hoopla, and gizmos and LEDs everywhere and space age looks etc will only look good and meaningful to me if it's NCAP rating is 5 stars.
If not, well, then it will look very stupid.
Whilst we need to wait for the crash testing, have seen a video from AutoXp which shows that the new Verna was hit by a Two wheeler (Royal Enfield Bullet) and how the car took the impact etc..

Video credit: AutoXp

350Z

Core Team
Whilst we need to wait for the crash testing, have seen a video from AutoXp which shows that the new Verna was hit by a Two wheeler (Royal Enfield Bullet) and how the car took the impact etc..
I find it pretty amazing that how newly-launched cars in India are almost always naturally crash-tested, sometimes even before the official launch.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I find it pretty amazing that how newly-launched cars in India are almost always naturally crash-tested, sometimes even before the official launch.

Drive Safe,
350Z
It is more a lesson that we need to mind how the cars are being handled during transit to showrooms. Also, while doing Test runs before official release.

@mayankdixit From my knowledge, Hyundai uses 2 forms of design. I personally love Tucson's design, but with Verna and I20 it is a disaster, the proportion is totally put off.
Another is the retro design, that got featured in Grandeur and also current Ioniq Crossover/ Premium Hatch. The usage of squarish LED tail lights are quite good innovation as a tribute to 70-80s disco theme.

Top Bottom