All-New Hyundai Santro Launched (Coverage: Pg.4)

bhvm

Honoured Member
I have very fond memories of owning my first car, Santro - Zip Plus - LS, way back in 2003 and it stayed with me for 15 years before I sold off to a friend. The car was in top shape when I sold off after driving for 2,15,000 kms. There were very few niggles during entire ownership period. During the ownership, it was driven twice on a return trip to Delhi from Coimbatore. All trips were covered under 3 days and it was amazing that it never boke down. I could only think of following things that I changed...
1. Rear suspension at 63000 kms odo
2. Brake pads at 96000 kms and 210000 kms
3. Brake rotors were never changed!
4. Front struts at 186000 kms
5. New set of tyres at 63000 kms, 142000 kms and 215000 kms.
6. Thermostat at 60000 kms and 163000 kms
7. Clutch at 1,60,000 kms
8. Recommended service work carried out as per manual at proper intervals.

If the new Santro could be even half as reliable as the old one, I'm sure the new car will be well received and stay for a longer run.
Whoa Man! Kudos to you and your santro.
Those are some really amazing Reliablity and Life Figures.
Brake Pads at 96K! Are you serious?[clap]

The refreshed Santro comes with same 1.1L Petrol IRDE engine, so Engine Reliability is sorted. About other components, Time will tell.

The Problem these days is No one wants to use car for 10~15 years. So such figures are rare and rarer.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Santro Beats Tata Tiago, Kwid in First-ever Month, Celerio next?

With more than 8,500 units of the new Hyundai Santro sold since its launch on October 23, it has been quick to overtake Tata Tiago and Renault Kwid on the sales charts

Read:

Whoa Man! Kudos to you and your santro.
Those are some really amazing Reliablity and Life Figures.
Brake Pads at 96K! Are you serious?[clap]

The refreshed Santro comes with same 1.1L Petrol IRDE engine, so Engine Reliability is sorted. About other components, Time will tell.

The Problem these days is No one wants to use car for 10~15 years. So such figures are rare and rarer.
I hardly use brakes with anticipatory driving habit. I watch the at least 3-4 vehicles moving in front of my car to make decisions. Usually I'm soft on the throttle to accelerate and wihle decelerating. My Global Fiesta has done 60000 kms with stock and can run another 20k kms when I inspected last week. It is a bit heavier and hence I couldn't extract more!

The engine on my santro after 215000 kms still sound sweet and it can run quite a few thousands more if maintained properly.

There are some things which are a deal breaker in Santro for me-
- Power windows in the center and that too no backlit - Used the same on first gen Indica of my relative. This is something I cant live with.
- Front grill and look is so ugly. My i10 looks 100 times better than this.
- I like rising window line which gives a sense of privacy in the rear and Santro is just too open.
- Flap type door handles have to be used everytime and are a deal breaker for me too.

Santro makes more sense in the lower to mid mdels as they come with atleast some safety features which Tiago and others dont provide. However Tiago feels more premium to me because of above features present. Also has much better seat cushioning, bigger engine which gives better FE at high speeds, amazing suspension, class leading built quality (must for me) and top model XZ has good safety features, best music system and is much longer so looks and feels more like a bigger car. Its mid is also very interesting providing features such as instantaneous FE. I feel Tiago is reliable too as I have had a good experience in 10.4k kms I have driven.
Tiago lacks some features and some quality parts which Tata should fix in 2019 facelift:
- Better wipers - current ines are worst in class
- Touchscreen with Android auto and Apple car play
- lesser vibes at idle by providing a balancer shaft
- better service advisors [:)]
- bigger bottle holders

Checked out the new Santro today. This is just an i10 in disguise and should have been called the facelifted i10. Even the engine is same as the earlier 1.1 engine which was stopped. Hyundai has cleverly used the Santro brandname. Smart marketing. I have the i10 (1.2L) at my home and sitting inside new Santro feels exactly the same as i10. Few observations-
- Car is actually an i10 from inside which some changes like dashboard, rear AC vents. The front overhang is exactly an i10.
- Not sure how width wise its more than i10 as it feels exactly same as i10 and feels narrow. Tiago is just 2mm wider as per theory put in reality is much much wider inside compared to Santro.
- Car is very less in length and feels like a very small car.
- Flap type door handles give it an A segment car feel.
- Rear AC vents are just a blower so I dont expect it to throw cool air unless the whole car is cool. Not much difference as the car is anyways very small from inside.
- Legroom is slightly lesser than Tiago. Back seat width is also very less and better for 2 Adults or 2 adults and 1 kid.
-Boot space is okay. Slightly smaller than Tiago and with a high loading lip like the Tiago.
- Dicky release was not working in one of the display cars! Checked in another car. Misses Dicky light.
- Fit and finish of dashboard is better than Tiago but plastic quality is similar.
- Grill is ugly.
- Back side is neutral design but too bland for my taste.
- Front seat headrests were fixed. Looks bad to me.
- front power window swicthes in the center. None of the power windows are backlit.
-No alloys on offer now. But would be offered in 2019.
- Touchscreen with Android auto present. Competition needs to take notice.
- Back camera present but not necessary for a car this small. Forgot to notice parking sensors.

^^ Yes I do not know why people are going Ga-Ga over this car. It does not look anything new and misses the Tall Boy design which was original Santro USP. There are many things lifted from older generation cars. But since the brand and product name are familiar it seems booking queue will be long for quite long.

I have very fond memories of owning my first car, Santro - Zip Plus - LS, way back in 2003 and it stayed with me for 15 years before I sold off to a friend. The car was in top shape when I sold off after driving for 2,15,000 kms. There were very few niggles during entire ownership period. During the ownership, it was driven twice on a return trip to Delhi from Coimbatore. All trips were covered under 3 days and it was amazing that it never boke down. I could only think of following things that I changed...
1. Rear suspension at 63000 kms odo
2. Brake pads at 96000 kms and 210000 kms
3. Brake rotors were never changed!
4. Front struts at 186000 kms
5. New set of tyres at 63000 kms, 142000 kms and 215000 kms.
6. Thermostat at 60000 kms and 163000 kms
7. Clutch at 1,60,000 kms
8. Recommended service work carried out as per manual at proper intervals.

If the new Santro could be even half as reliable as the old one, I'm sure the new car will be well received and stay for a longer run.

Wow that's an amazing usage. [:)]

In what kind of roads did this car use the most? Good highways?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Santro bookings halted

The company has received around 32,000 bookings for the new Santro, which is actually a big number for any car in such a short amount of time. With waiting periods already going over three moths, Hyundai has decided to better stop taking bookings of the car for the time being.

Read:

Wow that's an amazing usage. [:)]

In what kind of roads did this car use the most? Good highways?

I bought this car in Delhi when I was working and it did my daily office run about and occasional vocational trips to Rajasthan, Himachal and Uttarakhand. After seven years, I took it home in South when I shifted back. It remained with me until recently when I sold to my friend. It did a mix of city and highway runs. Very reliable and never broke down in my usage with almost nothing needed to be replaced.

Hyundai Santro bookings halted

The company has received around 32,000 bookings for the new Santro, which is actually a big number for any car in such a short amount of time. With waiting periods already going over three moths, Hyundai has decided to better stop taking bookings of the car for the time being.

Read:
Sounds more like a publicity stunt!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Hyundai Santro clocks 45,000 bookings: Pulls customers from Maruti WagonR

The Santro is setting milestones after milestones for Hyundai. Bookings for the car touched around 15,000 even before its launch and now the booking figures have reached 45,000 units. The Santro was launched on 21st of October this year while booking started on 10th of October. In the two months of its launch, the car has already made a place into the top ten selling cars list. With its current rate of growth, we expect that the new Santro would soon be seen among the top 5 selling cars, breaching the long dominance of Maruti Suzuki in the process.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Santro Dlite and Era variants replaced by Era Executive

2019-hyundai-santro-discount-offers-4.jpg

Hyundai had launched the all new Santro last year. The car was completely new and had nothing to do with the original iconic hatchback, except the fact that it shared its name with the former. Now, barely few months into the market, the Korean auto-maker has decided to rejig Santro’s line-up.

new-hyundai-santro-india-sales-booking-2.jpg

The changes include discontinuation of its cheapest D-Lite and Era trims and an introduction of an Era Executive trim. The Era Executive grade makes a far better proposition than the D-Lite which lacked most basic necessities one would expect out of a hatchback at the given price point. The Era Executive trim gets front power windows, air conditioning system and body coloured bumpers (D-Lite had black bumpers).

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition detailed on video: Prices start from Rs. 5.12 lakh

hyundai-santro-anniversary-edition-featured.jpg

The Hyundai Santro made a big comeback into the Indian car market last year, and the entry-level hatchback has been a steady seller for the South Korean automaker over the past one year, averaging about 5,000 monthly units. The new Santro has replaced the Hyundai Eon as the automaker’s least priced offering, and to commemorate the car’s 1st anniversary, Hyundai has come up with an anniversary edition available in Sportz trim. Meanwhile, here are the various changes on the Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition explained through the video we’ve lined up for you.

Read:

Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition detailed on video: Prices start from Rs. 5.12 lakh

View attachment 265098

The Hyundai Santro made a big comeback into the Indian car market last year, and the entry-level hatchback has been a steady seller for the South Korean automaker over the past one year, averaging about 5,000 monthly units. The new Santro has replaced the Hyundai Eon as the automaker’s least priced offering, and to commemorate the car’s 1st anniversary, Hyundai has come up with an anniversary edition available in Sportz trim. Meanwhile, here are the various changes on the Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition explained through the video we’ve lined up for you.

Read:
Instead of the usual sticker jobs, just like Hyundai's brethren Suzuki, they should add mechanical features.
Are you all aware, non of the Hyundai car's uptill the Grand i10 Nios doesn't have intermittent wash wiper? A must have feature to my knowledge.
My 2016 Nano has it since inception.
Thanks for the update Nair Sahab.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition Launched; Prices Start At ₹ 5.16 Lakh

Hyundai India has announced the launch of the Santro Anniversary Edition model in India, priced at ₹ 5.16 lakh to ₹ 5.74 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), as we had told you early this month. The new special edition model celebrates the first anniversary of the new-gen Santro's arrival, which was also launched on October 23, last year. Offered only in the mid-spec Sportz variant, the new Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition is available in both manual and AMT options, available in two colour choices - Aqua Teal and Polar White colours. It's also around ₹ 10,000 more expensive than the regular Sportz variant of the Santro.

Read:

Top Bottom