All-New Honda City 2014 Accessories & Modifications

Hello guys...I want to change the stock headlight bulbs of my car.So guys please tell me which is the best brand to choose and what wattage.I need to change both high beam and low beam bulbs so kindly suggest me.
You may refer my head light upgrade.

For Low Beam - I gone for Projector Light
For High Beam - refer the below link
High Beam upgrade

I own Honda City IDtec. I always have low confidence driving at nights and was looking at head lamps upgrade. I feel factory headlamps have good throw but intensity is not that great. I spent couple of days understanding about headlamps by reading various threads. Prices mentioned here are just rough prices obtained from web. I didn't go to any shop.

1) Do not make make changes. Costs zero
2) Increase to better lamps with same 60/55 Wattage. Costs around 2k for both the High and low Bulbs. Using this will not have any legal and warranty issues. As present bulbs are also Philips, I feel there won't be much change.
3) Use 100/90 wattage bulbs with relay. Costs around Rs 2K-2.5K. Has some disadvantage of heating and some cut needs to be done to head light assembly. May cause issues like frequent fuse blown.
4) Use HID without projector. Costs around 10K. Many say this will blind in coming vehicle.
5) HID with Projector. Costs 25K -30k. Tough to convince dad and wife :)

Please let me know your experience with different options? If I get good reviews on Option 2, will try that out.

Last edited:
3) Use 100/90 wattage bulbs with relay. Costs around Rs 2K-2.5K. Has some disadvantage of heating and some cut needs to be done to head light assembly. May cause issues like frequent fuse blown.
What kind of cut are required i dont get it 100watt bulb size will be same to 55watt bulb i guess . Have used 100watt bulb for a year did not had any fuse blown . Install a good relay [:)]

What kind of cut are required i dont get it 100watt bulb size will be same to 55watt bulb i guess . Have used 100watt bulb for a year did not had any fuse blown . Install a good relay [:)]
However relay will void the warranty and thats the only reason i am holding the 100 watt bulb buy. Is there any work around this?

Guys I am facing rattling issues on the left side of the dashboard.Wherever I drive whether it's inside city or even on highways whenever some roads with bad patches comes or even a speed breaker left side starts rattling and gives weird sound like some parts are loose from inside the dashboard.
Do any of you faced similar issues as I called up the service centre and they are saying that many customers complained us regarding this.So tomorrow I will be going there to check what is the problem.

^ Yes I faced the same issue and it was corrected in third service. Do you also have an rear view camera fitted to mirror. I feel that also causes some noise.

^ Yes I faced the same issue and it was corrected in third service. Do you also have an rear view camera fitted to mirror. I feel that also causes some noise.
Yes right it also makes some noise on patchy roads.Do they opened the dashboard of your car and fixed it and do they also fixed that sound coming from the mirror????

I think noise was not with dashboard but with piller. Not sure how that was fixed but could see some marks on windshield. Mirror noise is still there. (I didn't tell them about it). I think placing some paper should fix that.

Guys, I saw some of the Honda City 2014 front grill was masked with black / carbon black in Chennai and Hyderabad. Not able to click any pics as I am driving in opposite direction in dense traffic area.

If any body seen in other place, post the pic.

Hi everyone. Recently my teacher who was teaching me in school days has got the 4th gen Honda i-Vtec and did a Cosmetic surgery for the car and shared his pics to me. I would like to share this pics to you guys.

Attachments

Hi everyone. Recently my teacher who was teaching me in school days has got the 4th gen Honda i-Vtec and did a Cosmetic surgery for the car and shared his pics to me. I would like to share this pics to you guys.
Front & rear Bumper looks different and gives sporty feel. Spoiler is too much raised. Personally not liked it. Alloys could have for better design. Roof vinyl looks cool. Tail light blackening enhances white City Looks in addition with roof. Interiors looks full black, more detailed picture will help to do or comment.

Projector Head light & DRL looks good like my City.

Last edited:

Top Bottom