All-New Honda City 2014 Accessories & Modifications

I am using Bosch Symphony Horns from last 6 months.
I have not faced any problem yet.

in your case,
1. Please check cable, these after market people use low quality cable. which might have detached from horn (happened with me, just one month after installing new horns)
2. no proper power supply. (Ask mechanic to check with OEM horns, just plug them if they are working means new horns are gone).

Honda City does not require relay, as It already got two horns power supply and support.

Honda city OEM horns are very weak,
only good for city ride. for highway you need powerful horns, OEM horns are not good for highway ride

here are few pictures
Bosch Symphony horns are directional and pointed, so they must be facing towards front,
mechanic was doing easy fixing by making them facing sides,
but I did tricks and made him to make it facing front
we used two pins, one is straight, but second one is L shape

because of two pins, the horn vibration is not going to body, those pins are eliminating that vibration.
View attachment 242345

View attachment 242346

View attachment 242347
Bro,my installer also fixed horns by making them facing sides and one question,does the fixing of horns from facing sides to facing front help in sounding the horn better?I'm curious to know about it coz thinking to get the same as you got it done for your City instead of changing it to new horns.I had did the mistake for not making him to fix those to front side.Which pin did you use for fixing the horns for facing front?

Bro,my installer also fixed horns by making them facing sides and one question,does the fixing of horns from facing sides to facing front help in sounding the horn better?I'm curious to know about it coz thinking to get the same as you got it done for your City instead of changing it to new horns.I had did the mistake for not making him to fix those to front side.Which pin did you use for fixing the horns for facing front?
these horns are directional,
which ever side they are facing, the sound will go in that direction.
we drive forward, so its better to install them facing forward.
if they are facing sides, the sound will be more strong for side vehicles, and less for vehicles at front

these horns are directional,
which ever side they are facing, the sound will go in that direction.
we drive forward, so its better to install them facing forward.
if they are facing sides, the sound will be more strong for side vehicles, and less for vehicles at front
Thanks for the inputs bro.Does refixing the present horns help in getting same sound,which I used to get before?If yes,how to refix the present horns?My cousin has suggested me to refix the present horns instead of changing to new ones as it’s a waste of money by changing it again and again.If this refixing of horns doesn’t work me at all,then I’ll go for OE Honda dual horns or Hella Chromes.

And,how did your horns got detached within one month of installation?

Last edited:
Thanks for the inputs bro.Does refixing the present horns help in getting same sound,which I used to get before?If yes,how to refix the present horns?My cousin has suggested me to refix the present horns instead of changing to new ones as it’s a waste of money by changing it again and again.If this refixing of horns doesn’t work me at all,then I’ll go for OE Honda dual horns or Hella Chromes.

And,how did your horns got detached within one month of installation?
I have no Idea what is the exact problem with the horns so I'm unable to help with that.
contact with some mechanic who does all these works.

my car's horns stopped working because of poor quality wire used by mechanic.
due to vibration, that wire got broken near horn.
this time I used better quality wire, so no problem till now

I have no Idea what is the exact problem with the horns so I'm unable to help with that.
contact with some mechanic who does all these works.

my car's horns stopped working because of poor quality wire used by mechanic.
due to vibration, that wire got broken near horn.
this time I used better quality wire, so no problem till now
Finally,the problem got solved.Its a loose connection and I got it fixed when I went to get my car sunfilm installed today.Along with that,I got side visors,perfume too.

Thinking to change my City's headlights,parking bulbs,interior lights and rear number plate bulbs to LED soon.And,which is the best headlights for City with stock wattage as I don't want to get any relay installed in my car and need white-ish bulbs for looks.

Thinking to change my City's headlights,parking bulbs,interior lights and rear number plate bulbs to LED soon.And,which is the best headlights for City with stock wattage as I don't want to get any relay installed in my car and need white-ish bulbs for looks.
No replies for this till now.Thinking to change my City's lights for better visibility along with horns to Hella Chrome as I need louder horns.Current Bosch Symphony is doing good but I want the horns sound louder than before and transfer the Bosch Symphony to my brother's Swift.

No replies for this till now.Thinking to change my City's lights for better visibility along with horns to Hella Chrome as I need louder horns.Current Bosch Symphony is doing good but I want the horns sound louder than before and transfer the Bosch Symphony to my brother's Swift.
Ordered Hella Chrome trumpet horns for my City and will be getting it tomorrow and got it for Rs.1200 from amazon.Although,the present Bosch windtones are working well even after an year,I needed some horns,which should be louder than present Bosch.

These are some of the modifications I have done to my car...

1) LED tail lights and reflector replacement
The stock tail tights and reflectors at the back were replaced with these LED ones...
IMG_20181227_185122.jpg

IMG_20181226_191059_020.jpg

Customised spoiler can also be seen in the above images...

2) HID Low Beam/ High Beam and LED fog lamps in the existing reflector lamps. Aligned to not cause glare at oncoming vehicles.
3) HELLA red grille horn.

Go for myTVS HID kit for High/Low beam. And Osram retrofit LED kit for fogs. Parking bulb can be Osram 1W LED t10 bulb. Osram 1W LED t10 bulb can also be used for cabin lights. For licence plate LED I'd recommend a custom led replacement lamp from eBay.

Finally,Bosch Symphonys has come to an end of its life after 1.5 years of usage.Ordered Hella Chrome trumpets and will be receiving tomorrow.
Oh boy. Do you know what caused it to stop working?

My car horns are 5+ years old and still working fine.

Finally,Bosch Symphonys has come to an end of its life after 1.5 years of usage.Ordered Hella Chrome trumpets and will be receiving tomorrow.
Same story with me. I used Bosch Symphony for almost 1 year. then it stopped working
then I ordered Hella Chrome Trumpets. its been more than 2 years now. these horns are working very good..

Top Bottom