All-New Honda City 2014 Accessories & Modifications

Akash1886

Honoured Member
My 2 months old Bosch symphony horns are sounding like single horn since last 4-5 days.Why this would happen?The water didn’t go into the horn even though after it’s washed daily through pipe by my driver and high tone is working but low tone is not working.Thinking to change to Hella Chrome windtones,which costs ₹1500 replacing Bosch Symphonys or get it checked at local electrician or from dealer,from whom I bought those horns or get it changed to stock Honda horns,which sounds bit shrill(had seen in WRV and new City) but better than previous ones.Also,the installation of these horns was ok.
Get the wiring and connectors checked. My car has Hella horns and few months back I faced loose connections in the car's horn. The issue was with the connectors. Got it checked and fixed a couple of times from dealer (a 2-min job) but no cure. Finally one day my chauffeur sat down removed the connectors, peeled the wiring and re-fixed the entire horn wiring and connectors. He sealed them with the brown tape and it has been almost 6 months now and the issue never repeated so far.

Regards

Akash

Akash bhai-My driver also said the same that we will get the wiring and connectors checked from the installer,where we got those horns.Told my driver to refix the horns as he did the same with our Innova a couple of times and now it’s working.But,when it comes to Honda City,he said he needs to remove the bumper and fix it and fit the bumper.I said him to remove the fog lamp cover and fix it but he said we will get it refixed from the guy,where we got our horns.

Lameassomwheels-This seems to be okay but due to relay,the car might get caught by the fire.

Since my 50K Kms service is coming soon in few days,willing to change the horns to OE dual horns of newer City or WRV or else replace Bosch horns with hella chromes.But,my only problem is,the car might get caught the fire.This was experienced when we had old Swift.

My dad’s friend’s 2012 Innova,which was changed to redgrilles replica horns from stock OE after 5 years,had again changed the horns to stock(this time newer one)from dealer and threw away those redgrilles within few weeks of usage and their 2014 Honda City’s horns are also sounding like poop poop like my City does presently and the horns are at end of its life.Same case happened with my brother’s Swift.His windtones was also conked off and had replaced with stock now.To avoid playing with electricals,now thinking myself to get OE dual horns as it sounds bit shrill or Hella Chromes,which doesn’t need relay and needs plug and play installation.I didn’t get present Bosch horns installed with relays.

Now,options are,shall I get the wires and connectors checked and refix it or replace it with Hella chromes or OE dual horns?On first day of installation itself,I was getting poop poop like sound but after few kms of driving,I got paap paap sound and after 2 months of installation,now sounding like poop poop and sometimes I get paap paap when on run.Installation done by that guy was not good at all firstly even my driver guided that guy to fix it properly.Now,I’m cheated by that installer and those horns.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash bhai-My driver also said the same that we will get the wiring and connectors checked from the installer,where we got those horns.Told my driver to refix the horns as he did the same with our Innova a couple of times and now it’s working.But,when it comes to Honda City,he said he needs to remove the bumper and fix it and fit the bumper.I said him to remove the fog lamp cover and fix it but he said we will get it refixed from the guy,where we got our horns.
Is the position of horns in your car different from that in 3rd gen CITY? In my car no opening of bumper was done to repair the horn. My driver simply re-fixed the connectors and wiring.

Regards

Akash

Is the position of horns in your car different from that in 3rd gen CITY? In my car no opening of bumper was done to repair the horn. My driver simply re-fixed the connectors and wiring.

Regards

Akash
Yes,of course.The horns of City are located near left fog lamp and you need to open the bumper and fix the horns.I think the horns are defective or installation might be the culprit.Will again refix it when I get my car sunfilms installed.I had got the horns installed at the place of stock horns.

Now,the situation is,shall I replace those horns with Hella Chromes or OE dual horns or refix it again?I'am hating this poop poop horn of Bosch.I felt bosch was one of the reliable horns but not anymore.Need some reliable windtone horns which is durable and it should last atleast for 2 years.

Yes,of course.The horns of City are located near left fog lamp and you need to open the bumper and fix the horns.I think the horns are defective or installation might be the culprit.Will again refix it when I get my car sunfilms installed.I had got the horns installed at the place of stock horns.

Now,the situation is,shall I replace those horns with Hella Chromes or OE dual horns or refix it again?I'am hating this poop poop horn of Bosch.I felt bosch was one of the reliable horns but not anymore.Need some reliable windtone horns which is durable and it should last atleast for 2 years.
No replies till now?Shall I get these horns fixed from the guy,where I got those horns or throw these horns for Hella Chrome Trumpets or OE dual horns?Its urgent because I need to give our car for 50K Kms service,which is due this week.

I felt I would have checked those horns whether they were working or not before I fix those on that day.Now,realized that I should check the horns whether they are working or not before getting those installed.My driver suggested me to get OE dual horns when she goes for 50K Kms service this week as they are long lasting and they doesn't give any issues.But,I like windtone horns sound because I feel like I'm going in a luxury car.Thinking to go for Hella Chromes this time as I feel these are long lasting and premium,which costs Rs.1500.

Any reviews on Hella Chrome Trumpets?If yes,please give me the feedback of those as I'm planning to get those installed in my City.

I hope you know installing a relay is not a “Jugaad” (desi hack), but its contact rating helps to cater to the higher power need of a particular equipment. Your horn might have a different problem here but there is no fire hazard if you install a relay properly and make sure its of a good brand. In fact absence of a relay for a higher rated after market horn can cause blowing of fuse and may be fire also.

I hope you know installing a relay is not a “Jugaad” (desi hack), but its contact rating helps to cater to the higher power need of a particular equipment. Your horn might have a different problem here but there is no fire hazard if you install a relay properly and make sure its of a good brand. In fact absence of a relay for a higher rated after market horn can cause blowing of fuse and may be fire also.
Thanks for the inputs bro.Now,I need to get her 50K Kms service done and in dilemma whether I should get Hella chromes trumpets or OE dual horns.Had checked OE dual ones at Honda showroom in WRV and City this week and sounds bit shrill,which is way better than previous one.I think I might go for OE dual horns as I don't want to play with electricals of the car and my driver is also suggesting me to go for OE ones only and he said that,along with service,we will also add horns into the bill and those horns cost me Rs.3000 and when I get bored with those OE horns,I'll get Hella Chromes.

Last edited:
No replies till now?Shall I get these horns fixed from the guy,where I got those horns or throw these horns for Hella Chrome Trumpets or OE dual horns?Its urgent because I need to give our car for 50K Kms service,which is due this week.

I felt I would have checked those horns whether they were working or not before I fix those on that day.Now,realized that I should check the horns whether they are working or not before getting those installed.My driver suggested me to get OE dual horns when she goes for 50K Kms service this week as they are long lasting and they doesn't give any issues.But,I like windtone horns sound because I feel like I'm going in a luxury car.Thinking to go for Hella Chromes this time as I feel these are long lasting and premium,which costs Rs.1500.

Any reviews on Hella Chrome Trumpets?If yes,please give me the feedback of those as I'm planning to get those installed in my City.
I am using Bosch Symphony Horns from last 6 months.
I have not faced any problem yet.

in your case,
1. Please check cable, these after market people use low quality cable. which might have detached from horn (happened with me, just one month after installing new horns)
2. no proper power supply. (Ask mechanic to check with OEM horns, just plug them if they are working means new horns are gone).

Honda City does not require relay, as It already got two horns power supply and support.

Honda city OEM horns are very weak,
only good for city ride. for highway you need powerful horns, OEM horns are not good for highway ride

here are few pictures
Bosch Symphony horns are directional and pointed, so they must be facing towards front,
mechanic was doing easy fixing by making them facing sides,
but I did tricks and made him to make it facing front
we used two pins, one is straight, but second one is L shape

because of two pins, the horn vibration is not going to body, those pins are eliminating that vibration.
IMG_20171011_163328752.jpg

IMG_20171011_163336334.jpg

IMG_20171011_164453620.jpg

I have been using Bosch Symphony horns since 4 years and they are working fine so far. Our car has two horns and these Bosch Symphony horns have similar ratings of O.E horns so relay is not required.

One horn is located in the center and other in the corner. I have moved the center horn to the other corner to give surround effect. Tilted little downwards so sound doesn't hit the bumper and reflect. I have used thick electrical wire and spade connectors to adapt O.E plug to universal horn connector. Neutral thermal is connected to horn bolt.

May be you have improper installation or faulty horns that can be replaced under warranty. Get it checked from qualified mechanic.

I am using Bosch Symphony Horns from last 6 months.
I have not faced any problem yet.

in your case,
1. Please check cable, these after market people use low quality cable. which might have detached from horn (happened with me, just one month after installing new horns)
2. no proper power supply. (Ask mechanic to check with OEM horns, just plug them if they are working means new horns are gone).

Honda City does not require relay, as It already got two horns power supply and support.
I have been using Bosch Symphony horns since 4 years and they are working fine so far. Our car has two horns and these Bosch Symphony horns have similar ratings of O.E horns so relay is not required.

One horn is located in the center and other in the corner. I have moved the center horn to the other corner to give surround effect. Tilted little downwards so sound doesn't hit the bumper and reflect. I have used thick electrical wire and spade connectors to adapt O.E plug to universal horn connector. Neutral thermal is connected to horn bolt.

May be you have improper installation or faulty horns that can be replaced under warranty. Get it checked from qualified mechanic.

blackpearvkd-Thanks for the inputs bro.In my case,I feel he had done a poor installation.But,what I want is I want the missing sound which sounds paap paap.Hope I get the same after reinstallation.BTW,how to get back the sound?

CRACING-Same here.I'm suspecting the both which you have mentioned like poor installation and defective horns.Even my driver had also suspected the same.What is the solution to get back the same sound,which sound paaap paaap?Can I get those refixed or change those horns to another one?

Honda city OEM horns are very weak,
only good for city ride. for highway you need powerful horns, OEM horns are not good for highway ride

here are few pictures
Bosch Symphony horns are directional and pointed, so they must be facing towards front,
mechanic was doing easy fixing by making them facing sides,
but I did tricks and made him to make it facing front
we used two pins, one is straight, but second one is L shape

because of two pins, the horn vibration is not going to body, those pins are eliminating that vibration.
View attachment 242345

View attachment 242346

View attachment 242347
Bro,can you please send the video of these horns?I want to hear it and want to compare both horns of mine and yours.

CRACING-Same here.I'm suspecting the both which you have mentioned like poor installation and defective horns.Even my driver had also suspected the same.What is the solution to get back the same sound,which sound paaap paaap?Can I get those refixed or change those horns to another one?
Sorry, I cannot get you. Do you want Skoda type horn or O.E type horn sound?

blackpearvkd-Thanks for the inputs bro.In my case,I feel he had done a poor installation.But,what I want is I want the missing sound which sounds paap paap.Hope I get the same after reinstallation.BTW,how to get back the sound?

Bro,can you please send the video of these horns?I want to hear it and want to compare both horns of mine and yours.
I am unable to attach video file

Sorry, I cannot get you. Do you want Skoda type horn or O.E type horn sound?
I want Skoda type horn only.However,my City is due for 50K Kms servicing tomorrow and thinking to replace the horns to OE ones or will refix the present horns.If the refix doesn't work,I'll change those horns to Hella chrome trumpets.

Top Bottom