All-New Honda City 2014 Accessories & Modifications

@Music_Swift
you do not need relay as honda has already got 2 horns.
if car has only 1 horn and customer wants to upgrade to 2 horns
or car has 2 horns and customer wants to change it to 1 horn, then relay is required to control its power supply

I'm using Bosch Symphony horns

I have installed garware ice cool heat protection film on my front wind shield.
I have not installed any sun heat blocking films on side glasses
police is now days very strict about sun films. they don't allow us to use sun film..
Can I get the horns installed before service or after service as my car is due for servicing tomorrow.

Was at Honda dealer to give my City for service and got a chance to check the horns of display car WRV and 2017 City.Both sounded quite shrill and sounds better than my 2014 Honda City.They are double horns and the version I checked horns in City is SV variant.But when I wanted to change those horns to 2017 one,my SA said it costs ₹3k for these horns.I said him thanks and left.But these sounded quite better than my 2014 City and if those windtones fail,I’ll buy the OE dual horns.

Fog lamp upgrade for the Honda 2017

Hello All,

I have the Honda City 2017 V model which comes with stock halogen H8 fog lamps.

I came across this Novsight dual color LED ( https://www.novsights.com/products/...ight-bulbs-dual-color-white-yellow-40w-8000lm ).

Does this fit into the stock H8 type light assembly or do we have any connector/adapter that connects other H types in H8 light assembly?

Please advice.
ThankYou.

I am planning to buy the Honda City 2017 VX model with LED Headlights.
My main concern being the white LED lights and their visibility issues especially in rains/ fog. I am confused if the led lights will detect potholes properly in rains as many posts suggests white lights having intensity of more than 4300K as poor performers. Does anyone know of what intensity the led lights on Honda City 2017 are?

The LED lights could be a make or break deal for me(safety is of prime importance + previous experience with low visibility headlights). I would go for a V model instead with standard halogens, but my heart is on the Sunroof and 16' alloys that come only with VX & ZX models. Can someone please guide me if the white led are sufficient? User review & inputs will be much appreciated.

When I went to my car accessory shop few days ago,the guy said that these new horns doesn't need relay as City already have the relay as per him.

Please confirm it whether it is true or not?

I am a owner of Honda city SV IDtec .

After returning from a long drive I found that the H logo on front grille was missing. I dont know whether it was stolen or fell down while riding through uneven roads.

Searched the logo in online shopping sites but havent found any.

Any one had similar issues before

Last edited:
Gonna change horns soon!Which one is best?Im considering Bosch Symphony and Hella Chrome Trumpets.But,another guy had suggested me to go for Bosch as Hella gives problems after few days and it costs just ₹850.

Gonna change horns soon!Which one is best?Im considering Bosch Symphony and Hella Chrome Trumpets.But,another guy had suggested me to go for Bosch as Hella gives problems after few days and it costs just ₹850.
I'm using Bosch Symphony Horns since 4 years and they are working perfectly so far. Usually the horns give problems when they are not installed properly and water gets inside. i.e Washing with pressure washer, driving in flooded road and etc.

Pictures:
* Second picture shows the position where the side stock horn was fitted previously.
* I have moved the center horn to the right side, as shown in first picture.

Discussions:
#267, #270, #281 & #282

If your car is still under warranty, then don't get cut the original horn wires. Instead buy some wires and spade connectors to extended the plug. This one goes into horn and this or this goes into original horn plug.

I'm using Bosch Symphony Horns since 4 years and they are working perfectly so far. Usually the horns give problems when they are not installed properly and water gets inside. i.e Washing with pressure washer, driving in flooded road and etc.

Pictures:
* Second picture shows the position where the side stock horn was fitted previously.
* I have moved the center horn to the right side, as shown in first picture.

Discussions:
#267, #270, #281 & #282

If your car is still under warranty, then don't get cut the original horn wires. Instead buy some wires and spade connectors to extended the plug. This one goes into horn and this or this goes into original horn plug.
Thanks for the inputs bro.Can you please record the sound of the horn as I'm getting the same installed by today or tomorrow.

And,I have decided that I'm getting Bosch Symphony for my car for Rs.850 by today evening or tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Thanks for the inputs bro.Can you please record the sound of the horn as I'm getting the same installed by today or tomorrow.

And,I have decided that I'm getting Bosch Symphony for my car for Rs.850 by today evening or tomorrow morning.
Got the horns installed now.First impressions was ok to now feeling good.In first,I got single horn sound after that now I’m getting Skoda like sound

The make is Bosch Symphony.

Got the horns installed now.First impressions was ok to now feeling good.In first,I got single horn sound after that now I’m getting Skoda like sound

The make is Bosch Symphony.
Sorry, I'm busy these days so couldn't help you with sound of my car horn.

However, I'm glad to hear that you have installed Bosch Symphony horns. Did you fitted them like stereo or one the middle and other in the corner?

Sorry, I'm busy these days so couldn't help you with sound of my car horn.

However, I'm glad to hear that you have installed Bosch Symphony horns. Did you fitted them like stereo or one the middle and other in the corner?
The installer fitted those horns in the place of stock ones.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnF1tMh97wU

Posting the video of this and realized that horns also takes sometime to get settled down.Mine happened the same after changing it.

Last edited:
The installer fitted those horns in the place of stock ones.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnF1tMh97wU

Posting the video of this and realized that horns also takes sometime to get settled down.Mine happened the same after changing it.
I haven't noticed any delay/change in sound, even when I first installed the horns. They are working fine so far and didn't face issue like only single horn working.

Here is a video of my Bosch Symphony horns. Recorded inside cabin with front windows open and car parked in half closed garage. Horns are fitted like stereo, one on the left and other on the right, both facing downwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTg9gutzeWg

My 2 months old Bosch symphony horns are sounding like single horn since last 4-5 days.Why this would happen?The water didn’t go into the horn even though after it’s washed daily through pipe by my driver and high tone is working but low tone is not working.Thinking to change to Hella Chrome windtones,which costs ₹1500 replacing Bosch Symphonys or get it checked at local electrician or from dealer,from whom I bought those horns or get it changed to stock Honda horns,which sounds bit shrill(had seen in WRV and new City) but better than previous ones.Also,the installation of these horns was ok.

Last edited:

Top Bottom