All New Ford Fiesta Ownership Review (My New Friend)

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

This is my first ever ownership review and excuse me for the long post…

Even though I had plans to get a new car two years back, it’s all started again (seriously) when I changed my office in May 2011. The commuting distance was 14kms a day to old office and I was happily driving my Alto Lxi (bought in 2005). With the new office, it has become 40kms per day and I was not comfortable driving that distance on daily basis in my Alto (this was the excuse to convince my family to get a new car) and also the cost increased multifold. One more strong point in my favour was I can drop & pickup my wife and brother to their offices, on my way so that their commuting cost/time can be saved as well. This was well received by my family and quickly approved for the new car.

Then started our research on the available cars sometime in Sep’11. We were ok with both petrol and diesel cars because our main aim was to get a good car (with max 12 lacs). My choice was Honda Jazz, but my brother was hesitant to go for hatchback again. So, in petrol sedans, the obvious choice was Honda City but we were worried on the ground clearance. We took TD of both Jazz and City and I was more inclined towards Jazz. But the delivery period was 4-5 months and we were not ready to wait.

Then comes biggest petrol price hike and we fixed to diesel cars. Looked into many cars viz., Verna (back seat was not comfortable and heard that suspension also not good), Vento (tunnel transmission at back seat and also the response was not good in the showroom), Fiesta Classic (not liked the dashboard and it’s an old model), New Fiesta (pricey and driver side window switches were not easy to use, you need to pull back your elbow to reach those switches), Linea (not liked the dashboard) and Manza (not liked the dashboard and overall looks). Our reasons for rejections might sound silly to some people. These are purely our opinions and no offence meant to anyone.

We also looked into pre-owned cars especially Honda City GXi/V-Tech 10th Anniversary Edition (particularly carbon bronze & maroon colours) as I liked it very much. Infact, we finalized one car of 2008 model with 38K kms on the odo, for Rs.4.35 lacs. We were about to buy that car and as a precautionary measure, took the car to nearby Honda showroom to get sanity check and surprised to know that it was an accident car got repaired [frustration]. Returned disappointed and dropped the idea of looking into pre-owned cars totally. But happy that we escaped getting cheated.

After going through extensive reviews, we couldn’t ignore the new Fiesta completely because we liked its looks, handling, dashboard, build quality and features like cruise control, etc. In TD vehicle, I touched 170 speed and it was just planted on the road. Stability of this car amazed us. Main pullback point was pricing as I was looking for cruise control, fog lamps, etc and only top end has all of it. Still we decided to go for Style (base) variant just to satisfy ourselves that we are not paying too much. But we wanted 2012 model and thought of waiting for it. In Dec’11, Ford announced scratch card promotion and we went ahead and booked the car and also got good discounts on Style variant. But we were not fully satisfied on the available colours and unwillingly booked sea grey. Everyone in my family liked Paprika Red colour in Fiesta Classic but that was not available in New Fiesta. No cool gift from scratch card either and hence waited for 2012 model.

Even after booking Fiesta, we checked Skoda Rapid and XUV500 (by stretching our budget). Rapid base variant dash was not as good as top end and top end was more than Fiesta Style variant. XUV500 bookings closed that time and not sure when it will be opened again. One fine day in Jun’11 we got the good news that Ford introduced Paprika Red colour in New Fiesta. Finally we got what we were looking for. Style with cruise control, fog lamps, etc, ofcourse with little more money than previous Style variant. So, called up Dayanand from Cauvery Ford and told him that we need the delivery of car in 3 days which was 14-Jun-12 (it seems only auspicious day and if missed, we had to wait for 2 more months). I could not even do a PDI because of very short time for delivery. It has to come from Chennai and he has to deliver it same day.

I was already in cloud9 previous night itself dreaming about my new baby and could not sleep that night. Dayanand kept his promise and delivered my new baby on 14-Jun evening. We did pooja to this beauty on the way home. Next day to office… very very carefully drove through Bangalore’s heavy traffic. Felt very happy when fellow travelers looking my car. Not many fiestas on road and I felt like SPECIAL. I took this new friend on highway in the very first week of my buy for about 500kms (to and fro). Response was awesome and I never felt tired at all. I got mileage of 20 in highway and 16-17 in city. Cruise control is one of the unique features of this car compared to other sedans in this segment. I enjoyed it to the max in the highway. I set the speed at 80 (becos it’s a new car) and it was like breeze all the time. When I slowed down, cruise control went off and after pressing resume button, it came back to 80 very quickly. This amazed me so many times throughout the trip.

Wheels were not all that good looking with steel rims and Ford covers. So, went to Car Trendz at Mission Road next weekend and replaced steel rims with Plati Alloy Wheels. I was missing Reverse Parking Sensors, USB and Bluetooth badly and I bought ‘Supertooth Bluetooth Buddy’ from ebay for my hands free calling and using Aux-in for playing songs from Ipod Touch and Samsung S3 (my bro’s new acquisition). Yet to decide on parking sensors and leather seats. I feel Reverse parking sensors are a must for this car as it is literally a blind spot at back side because of high raised back line. Hopefully I should decide soon and get these in couple of weeks.

Many people might have already said this, but here are my likes and dislikes –

- Solid Build quality
- Excellent Ride and Handling
- Awesome Cruise Control
- Very nice music system
- Hugging front seats
- So many other small things

Dislikes:
- Initial pickup little slow
- Arm Rest is little hindrance when using hand brake and changing gears some times
- Rear head rest is not comfortable and removed (as per my bro as I am always in driver’s seat)

(As mentioned in the beginning, driver side window switches are no more a dislike because am used to it now [:)])

First Service update:

I got my first service done within 2 months (at 2,578 odo) with ‘0’ expense. Deepak, service advisor from Cauvery Ford did a good job and I got my car back within the time as promised. Initial pickup is also better now and I can revv it a bit hard (beyond 2000 rpm). Am yet to check the mileage after first service.

SPA treatment update:

Am usually good at maintaining my cars (both Alto and Fiesta) and I love doing that. But still wanted paint protection job to be done to my beauty. I heard a lot about Ultimate Detailerz and their detailing of cars in facebook, automotive websites, etc. No second thought of going with anyone else like 3M, etc. after seeing their work (in photos). I called Mr. Mohsin last week and got appointment on 1-Jun. They did excellent job and my friend looks even more sexy now. I also got to know from them the easy and efficient way of maintaining the car without wasting water. Many thanks to Mr.Mohsin and Mr.Nirmal [clap]. I bought Jopasu duster and non-rinse liquid from them and it made my life much easier.

I am planning to keep this thread alive and wait for my future updates……

Thank you for your patience.

Description of Pics in the order -
At the showroom
Getting ready to drive
Resting at home
Back view
With alloys under shade
Closer look of alloys
1000 Kms ODO within 11 days
Before paint protection
After paint protection
Inside view
My Lord – Little Ganesha
Dash board view
Just alloy wheel

Cheers
Harish

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Ownership review of my All New Ford Fiesta (my new friend)

Fantastic machine. Was dying to read this review . This is one of my fav car in India right now . I was never fan of any ford cars but this one car changed my perception . Iam rating your thread 5* because this will be if iam not mistaken the first ever thread on fiesta .[clap]
Please update this thread regular I will and iam sure many will follow it .

Thank you Raja. Yes, will update it regularly. Your feedback was very quick.
Btw did you install the fog lamps later ? How much did they cost you ? And why don't you add the chrome strip in the front of the grill which comes for the titatinium model ?
Never knew the fiesta style variant also has a cruise control that's great , does it have the seat height adjustment also ?

Congrats rnharish for your All new Fiesta. As Raja bro said it is one of the fantastic machine right now in its class. Wishes for ur miles ahead.[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
I always want to drive this machine. Don't know when I will get my hands on the beauty. Anyways congratzz for ur new ride mate.

One thing that is my personal opinion and no offence to your selection. But IMO Alloys are not going well with ur red fiesta. But this is my personal opinion.

Man, I have never been a fan of alloys, but these wheels you got are AWESOME and your friend is looking too good to resist. Congratulations on the purchase. Mind sharing the OTR price?

nice thread harish
Whats the cost of your alloys?
What about the back seat comfort?
as i felt the back seat was erect with less leg room.
any comments on this?
BTW rated your thread 5 stars for the excellent writeup.

@Harish

Very nice review and your car looks awesome man !! yes it is always unique on the road. We also bought one in office(for my close friend & of-course my boss too).

Yes it is really good to drive on a highway with out any effort to reach 160kmph and we cannot notice this until we see the speedo !! Cruise control is really a very different option in this segment of cars, it is really good on a very good express way when you want to maintain a constant speed will give good FE and no accelerator job for legs. We bought the color chill metallic. The only thing I felt bit unhappy was its price looked bit high for a Titanium version !!

Wish you more happy miles ahead !![clap]

Thread Starter #11
Thank you Gurrala74. Yes, earlier price was too high and now from May 2012, they have revised the prices by 60-70k with only two variants and now it is not that high with such unique features (my personal opinion).

Excellent Writeup Harish,

Your Fiesta looks stunning.

Congrats[clap]
Thank you Appu.

Btw did you install the fog lamps later ? How much did they cost you ? And why don't you add the chrome strip in the front of the grill which comes for the titatinium model ?
Never knew the fiesta style variant also has a cruise control that's great , does it have the seat height adjustment also ?
No Raja, Fog lamps are inbuilt in this model. It has everything as in Titanium except for voice control, alloys, reverse parking sensors, USB, Bluetooth, chrome strip at front grill and fuel computer.

Excellent writeup Harish, reminded me of the Fiesta drive that we did some time back on an AT. Also spectacular choice of alloys.
One quintessential question :- "Kitna deti hai" (Fuel efficiency ? ). Also please keep us posted on service costs and experience with Ford after sales.

Thread Starter #13
nice thread harish
Whats the cost of your alloys?
What about the back seat comfort?
as i felt the back seat was erect with less leg room.
any comments on this?
BTW rated your thread 5 stars for the excellent writeup.
Thank you Rajvel, Alloys costed me 18K for set of 4. Back seat comfort is good (max height in our family is 5.8") and is much better than Verna but not best in class which is Etios.

Man, I have never been a fan of alloys, but these wheels you got are AWESOME and your friend is looking too good to resist. Congratulations on the purchase. Mind sharing the OTR price?
Thank you Teja. These alloys were selected out of almost 40 designs (max in any place becos of less sales of Fiesta and no one has kept more than 5-10 designs).

OTR price was 10.96 lacs (without 3rd year extended warranty of 10k and savings in insurance 10k for getting it outside)

I always want to drive this machine. Don't know when I will get my hands on the beauty. Anyways congratzz for ur new ride mate.

One thing that is my personal opinion and no offence to your selection. But IMO Alloys are not going well with ur red fiesta. But this is my personal opinion.
Thank you Dharmesh. Alloys selected not only in looks but also the wheels looks running reverse while driving (as I know not all alloys looks reverse running)

Congrats rnharish for ur All new Fiesta. As Raja bro said it is one of the fantastic machine right now in its class. Wishes for ur miles ahead.[:)]
Thank you Asir.

@Harish

My friends Fiesta shows the city FE as 18 with AC all the time
On high the highest was shown 25kmpl !![:)] so far.
Remember the real FE for a diesel car can be seen after it runs for 10000km, so no need to worry

Thread Starter #15
Excellent writeup Harish, reminded me of the Fiesta drive that we did some time back on an AT. Also spectacular choice of alloys.
One quintessential question :- "Kitna deti hai" (Fuel efficiency ? ). Also please keep us posted on service costs and experience with Ford after sales.
Thank you Iron Rock. I got mileage of 16 in city and 20 in highway. Yet to check after first service. Will update soon.

First service cost is 'zero' and Cauvery Ford's after sales experience is also good.

@Harish

My friends Fiesta shows the city FE as 18 with AC all the time
On high the highest was shown 25kmpl !![:)] so far.
Remember the real FE for a diesel car can be seen after it runs for 10000km, so no need to worry
As I know from some of the ownership reviews, its better to check the FE manually (full tank to full tank) and not just relying on the numbers shown by the fuel computer. Just my opinion. If you are once satisfied/cross checked manually, after that you can rely on fuel computer.

Top Bottom