All-New Ford Endeavour (Ranger Based)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diwali has passed but where is the endeavor, is the release planned by new year.
Yes its December 1st week, the Titanium 3.2 TDCi with 6 speed AT is the test drive vehicle that going to reach Metro showrooms, the other showrooms availability of Endeavor is still unknown, The price range can be expected between 32-36 lakhs for the 3.2 TDCi Endeavors and and 24-30 lakhs for 2.2 TDCi variants which will come with manual and AT

Yes its December 1st week, the Titanium 3.2 TDCi with 6 speed AT is the test drive vehicle that going to reach Metro showrooms, the other showrooms availability of Endeavor is still unknown, The price range can be expected between 32-36 lakhs for the 3.2 TDCi Endeavors and and 24-30 lakhs for 2.2 TDCi variants which will come with manual and AT
Where did you get this price information? But it is close to what I expected. The reason I am asking is, well, :-) I just need to be prepared for the 3.2 L AT.

Where did you get this price information? But it is close to what I expected. The reason I am asking is, well, :-) I just need to be prepared for the 3.2 L AT.
The price estimate is just mine, here in Trivandrum a new dealer has opened a new Showroom so, I am in good contact with them ,so I just asked them tentative prices and their answer was the Titanium 3.2 TDCi might cost around 40 lakhs INR on road, and the 2.2 they told will probably start at 24 lakhs ex showroom,
The other info about launch was shared by another TAI member via whats app, who is also following the new Endeavour as well as upcoming Fortuner.

The price estimate is just mine, here in Trivandrum a new dealer has opened a new Showroom so, I am in good contact with them ,so I just asked them tentative prices and their answer was the Titanium 3.2 TDCi might cost around 40 lakhs INR on road, and the 2.2 they told will probably start at 24 lakhs ex showroom,
The other info about launch was shared by another TAI member via whats app, who is also following the new Endeavour as well as upcoming Fortuner.
Thank you for the quick reply.

40L for 3.2 L means, I can only dream about it, and look for the 2.2L - if 2.2L is the only choice, I wouldn't mind going for present Fortuner.

My vague guess is, Ford would not exceed the present Fortuner's pricing - which is always the class leader.

Thank you for the quick reply.

40L for 3.2 L means, I can only dream about it, and look for the 2.2L - if 2.2L is the only choice, I wouldn't mind going for present Fortuner.

My vague guess is, Ford would not exceed the present Fortuner's pricing - which is always the class leader.
Ford will most probably price the Endeavor the way I ve quoted before, the reason is the 2.2 already makes 160 bhp and 385 NM and has 6 speed manual and 6 speed AT so, the 2.2 will probably fight the 2016 Fortuner 2.8l with 178 bhp and 450 NM top of line Fortuner with smaller engine,

Ford is pitting the Endeavor 3.2 as a rival to XXL size suv like Toyota Prado, since it has 200 bhp and 470 NM, the 3.2 has features to shame some Audis and BMWs as well its that packed, so most probably it will demand some premium,
The 2.2 will b just adequate for New Endeavor, just like Ecosports 1.5 TDCi, it is always better if Ecosport had a 16v DOHC unit with more power and torque but the current enfine is sufficient, thats the same thing that ll be going on with new Endeavor as well,

Ford will most probably price the Endeavor the way I ve quoted before, the reason is the 2.2 already makes 160 bhp and 385 NM and has 6 speed manual and 6 speed AT so, the 2.2 will probably fight the 2016 Fortuner 2.8l with 178 bhp and 450 NM top of line Fortuner with smaller engine,

Ford is pitting the Endeavor 3.2 as a rival to XXL size suv like Toyota Prado, since it has 200 bhp and 470 NM, the 3.2 has features to shame some Audis and BMWs as well its that packed, so most probably it will demand some premium,
The 2.2 will b just adequate for New Endeavor, just like Ecosports 1.5 TDCi, it is always better if Ecosport had a 16v DOHC unit with more power and torque but the current enfine is sufficient, thats the same thing that ll be going on with new Endeavor as well,
Your logic does make sense to me. But I am not sure how many users will look at the BHP calculation. Brand name comes above all. Correct?
The new Fortuner (2016/17) will have lesser BHPs, But I do not think it will be priced lesser than Ford 3.2L.
Also, we need to note Chevy's trail blazer, which is an import still didn't exceed 35L while launch.
Ford has localisation, at least 20% - which should help them to keep everything under 30L (ex show room).

Based on reviews - what do you recommend? Will there be a large gap in performance between this 3.2 and 2.2? Do you think 2.2 can satisfy a Scorpio rider (manual 2.2 L mHawk) though kids love the powered Tail gates and 3rd row seats.? :-)
I love every drive in my 6.5 year old Scorpio.

Last edited:
Your logic does make sense to me. But I am not sure how many users will look at the BHP calculation. Brand name comes above all. Correct?
The new Fortuner (2016/17) will have lesser BHPs, But I do not think it will be priced lesser than Ford 3.2L.
Also, we need to note Chevy's trail blazer, which is an import still didn't exceed 35L while launch.
Ford has localisation, at least 20% - which should help them to keep everything under 30L (ex show room).

Based on reviews - what do you recommend? Will there be a large gap in performance between this 3.2 and 2.2? Do you think 2.2 can satisfy a Scorpio rider (manual 2.2 L mHawk) though kids love the powered Tail gates and 3rd row seats.? :-)
I love every drive in my 6.5 year old Scorpio.
Engine performance wise it will be adequate, if @carbage can be happy eith Ecosport 90 hp, you will be happy with Endeavor 2.2 TDCi as well, the Trailblazer hsd lost the game here, sure it does have huge GC but its lack of Awd and average equipement and quality levels dosent make sense, also its RWD chassis has big power from Duramax diesel whicg isnt reliable as parts for Duramax are import means service costs will be high for what it is,
The Endeavour 3.2 vs 2.2 will be a complete personal choice, if one loves POWER snd feel of POWER the 3.2 is a must, but if the features,butch looks,slightly better mileage,lower cost of purchase is a priority the 2.2 will be perfect.
The current Fortuner wont stand a chance against the upcoming Endeavor and Fortuner,but if Toyota is offering some brilliant discounts definitely choose Current gen Fortuner as its still a good buy at lkwer price.

Engine performance wise it will be adequate, if @carbage can be happy eith Ecosport 90 hp, you will be happy with Endeavor 2.2 TDCi as well, the Trailblazer hsd lost the game here, sure it does have huge GC but its lack of Awd and average equipement and quality levels dosent make sense, also its RWD chassis has big power from Duramax diesel whicg isnt reliable as parts for Duramax are import means service costs will be high for what it is,
The Endeavour 3.2 vs 2.2 will be a complete personal choice, if one loves POWER snd feel of POWER the 3.2 is a must, but if the features,butch looks,slightly better mileage,lower cost of purchase is a priority the 2.2 will be perfect.
The current Fortuner wont stand a chance against the upcoming Endeavor and Fortuner,but if Toyota is offering some brilliant discounts definitely choose Current gen Fortuner as its still a good buy at lkwer price.
Thanks for the wise suggestions mate. I will keep your words in mind.

My friend ( head of a supplier to Ford), says mass production (assembly) just started, and he said there is a good chance to see them in showroom by December second week, and bookings by jan 1st week.

I think those who waits should be having it in hands by Feb 1st week, Unless Ford makes some weird decision to launch it in AutoExpo, Feb.

2016 Ford Endeavour (Everest) catches fire during test drive in Australia.

ford-endeavour-catches-fire-1.jpg

Ford Australia is looking into the incident but is yet to announce a recall. If a recall does happen, it will not only affect the Endeavour SUV but also a host of Ford Ranger UVs as they share the same engine, large number of parts and platform besides electrical system. The wrecked Ford Endeavour SUV will be making its way to Ford Australia engineering headquarters in Melbourne where the cause of the fire will be thoroughly investigated.
2016 Ford Endeavour catches fire during test drive in Australia

Whoa the pic looks scary,it appears as if the doors dint open so they opened the boot to escape?? I remember a Captiva owner story where car started to smoke before fire & door lock would not open,so thinking quick he opened window & escaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom