All-New Ford Endeavour (Ranger Based)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 Ford Endeavour spotted at ARAI.
2015-ford-endeavour-india-m2_720x540.jpg
Ford has been working on bringing in quite a few new models this year. They showcased the Figo Aspire a few months back and the sub-4 metre’s prelaunch campaign has now gone live with the launch in a month’s time. Meanwhile, their Hatchback Figo has been spotted testing on several occasions as well. But the most recent one to create a buzz on the internet is its popular SUV Endeavour.
Ford has been able to cash in on the SUV market well with the Endeavour but it has been a while since it's got an update. Moreover, as opposed to the SUVs sold in that price bracket today, the Endeavour feels outdated. The Endeavour has been spotted at the ARAI facility waited to be tested for safety norms and efficiency.
2015-ford-everest-new-endeavour-suv-zigwheels-08072015-m_720x540.jpg
Ford is expected to launch the Endeavour with two Diesel engine options. The 2.2-litre TDCi motor has been rated at 160PS and 385Nm. This engine will come mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The second 3.2-litre unit Duratorq motor that is expected to be seen on the higher end variants will make 200PS and 470Nm. Power will be sent to all four wheels with the help of a 6-speed automatic transmission.

Source: Zigwheels
Photo Source: www.motor.vikatan.com, Zigwheels

As per the initial reports Ford were supposed to launch their new Endeavour by the end of this year, but according to the recent info, Ford will only be showcasing the new Endeavour by the end of this year but will be available in the showrooms only by the next year. I guess they are playing a wait and watch game to see the strategy of Toyota who will be launching their new Fotuner next year and Mitsubishi with their new Pajero. All 3 SUVs are really good in one or the other but it will be interesting to see whether we Indians are more comfortable in putting our money in Toyota or whether we are willing to invest in other equally capable cars. Moreover after seeing the leaked images of the new Toyota Fortuner and Mitsubishi Pajero, Ford will have to bring in a marketing campaign that can match the car's abilities in order to make any sort of a dent in Toyota's sales.

Fords Endeavour is sure one of most powerful and admittedly the most capable one as well,but its a no brainer that more Indians will go for Toyota rather than Ford, so what I feel is that Ford will push the lower 2.2 diesel variant with eye watering price tags, it was reported earlier that the base Endevour might cost under 20 lakhs, so the full option 2.2 diesel might cost just under 26 lakhs ex showroom, which might lure some,
Even still Ford can or probably will never win against Toyota,not because its bad,bit because Indian perception is so damn difficult to change.

+1 to what you said 1989rs500 its the indian perception that makes or breaks a brand here not the actual quality of the vehicle. strange but true.

Here is one more with lot of superb photos as well

Exclusive First Impression :

Seems the new Ford Endeavor is here to rock up the segment, it has definitely got the best ingredients a 7 seat SUV should sport.
Now its all upto Ford, price the Endeavor in the territory of the Fortuner or Lower, this could be a long standing success trophy for Ford.

I am awestruck reading the review of the full blown 3.2Ltr 4x4 AT. The truck size 20" wheels , the humungous moonroof is all first in the segment and many more.. Bring it on Ford, I am happy after-all with the 3.2 Ltr review!

Last edited:
Finally the India bound Endeavor reviewed by Indian journalists

Ford Endeavour Review TDCi | Cars First Drive | SUV/Crossovers | Autocar India

2015 Ford Endeavour First Drive Review | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

India-bound 2015 Ford Endeavour First Drive Review

2015 New Ford Endeavour First Drive Review: Burly Comeback | Motoroids

I cant believe Ford is really shining, I mean what was wrong with them all these years, the 3 launches that are going to hit India are supremely well judged entrants by Ford,
Go further ! Ford.

And here's another one from an Australian :)
2015 Ford Everest first drive review
From what I see, the 3.2 Liter one is supremely powerful with all the bells and whistles and returning an impressive 10Kmpl mileage under mixed driving conditions! I will reserve my choice until I test drive this, the New Fortuner and the new Pajero, and will replace my Ecosport for one of these monsters :)

Hey Guys,
Yesterday Octy_Vin, one of our TAI member has spotted the Endy at the Chengalpattu toll gate at GST/NH45B/Chennai - Tiruchi Expressway at night. After the toll gate, it seems, it was literally flying at high speeds and after he having an Octavia was very tough to catch up with them. I personally have spotted three cars on the opposite lane and unfortunately couldn't click a pic.
Credits to the pic go to Octy_Vin.

Attachments

Last edited:
if priced correctly this will also sell like hot cakes as the ecosport did. lately ford has concentrated more on the indian market. however spare parts costs are a bit higher if they can control that then surely it would be a win win situation for customers as well as the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom