All-New Ford Endeavour (Ranger Based)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has all the road presence and bulk it needs which can attract any Indian buyer. But Ford should get it price it correctly. If it has attractive pricing then I guess it's time for other SUVs in its segment to pack up. And wish that Ford provides the manual gearbox for all its powertrains. And sorted ride and handling.
Manual ride for all powertrains will happen ,thats a Ford trait, the manual gearbox ones
The pricing is what I am looking forward to,some websites say its base manual which itself will have most features one would ever need in RWD form might cost under 19 lakhs ex showroom for the 2.2 l diesel and the 3.2 manual might be under 25 lakhs ex showroom, thats way less cheap than Hyundai SantaFe and even Fortuner 3.0 D4D, lets see if Ford will surprise us again with pricing.

Thread Starter #62

AMG

Suspended
18-20 is where it needs to be to kill the Pajero Sport and Fortuner.

At 21-23 it may have a chance. 23+, and forget launching it.

First, sorry guys. It's been a long time since I last posted on the forum due to time constraints and a hectic project[frustration]

Coming to this new Ford, I have read on other sources that they have been benchmarking segment higher SUV's like the Land cruiser Prado, etc to tune the suspension, ride & handling and Off-roading abilities.

However, it looks like Ford may undercut the segment leader in terms of pricing , the Fortuner and the Pajero Sport by quite a margin, at-least at the time of launch and gradually bring in price revisions there after. And not to forget, this New Endeavor will have segment first features like the Terrain management system, Sun-roof, Active safety features, modern yet luxurious interiors, and many more, however Ford is not vocal on how many of these features will make it into the New Indian Endeavor :)

From my known sources, this is expected to hit India in the last quarter of 2015.

Last edited:
Manual ride for all powertrains will happen ,thats a Ford trait, the manual gearbox ones
The pricing is what I am looking forward to,some websites say its base manual which itself will have most features one would ever need in RWD form might cost under 19 lakhs ex showroom for the 2.2 l diesel and the 3.2 manual might be under 25 lakhs ex showroom, thats way less cheap than Hyundai SantaFe and even Fortuner 3.0 D4D, lets see if Ford will surprise us again with pricing.
In terms of pricing well I guess Ford might give a sweet one at the initial time and well might increase it as it did with Ecosport. But this car is so good that let's see what happens.

In terms of pricing well I guess Ford might give a sweet one at the initial time and well might increase it as it did with Ecosport. But this car is so good that let's see what happens.
A guy from Kairali Ford says expected price between 25-30 lakhs,
Onroad will be between 26.5-33 lakhs Trivandrum

The base varint manual itself will probably have enough features to pamper the occupants

A guy from Kairali Ford says expected price between 25-30 lakhs,
Onroad will be between 26.5-33 lakhs Trivandrum

The base varint manual itself will probably have enough features to pamper the occupants
I guess Ford is doing the same trick of Ecosport only. The base petrol got loads of bookings and had huge waiting lists. This was mainly due to the base variant having all the convenience features required at a tempting price. Hope Ford does the same by pricing it in the ball park of the competition.

I guess Ford is doing the same trick of Ecosport only. The base petrol got loads of bookings and had huge waiting lists. This was mainly due to the base variant having all the convenience features required at a tempting price. Hope Ford does the same by pricing it in the ball park of the competition.
Sure thats going to happen but in case of Endeavor there wont be a petrol, instead a 2.2 TDCi making 150 HP and 385 NM is whats coming in
And the base price will be raised a few notches by the end of 2015, so the early bird picks the best

The all new Everest has its official Thailand page ready on Ford Thailand's website.
Ford Thailand | All-New Everest
The features look promising and segment first as I mentioned in the last post.
Moon roof, Blind spot info system, Active park assist, Electric folding 3rd row of seats, Terrain management system and the 3.2 Liter 5 Cyl engine should be a power house with phenomenal 480Nm of torque!

Just hope that Ford doesn't go crazy and price it north of 30lakhs!

The all new Everest has its official Thailand page ready on Ford Thailand's website.
Ford Thailand | All-New Everest
The features look promising and segment first as I mentioned in the last post.
Moon roof, Blind spot info system, Active park assist, Electric folding 3rd row of seats, Terrain management system and the 3.2 Liter 5 Cyl engine should be a power house with phenomenal 480Nm of torque!

Just hope that Ford doesn't go crazy and price it north of 30lakhs!
Seems like Thailand is the 1st country to get the new Everest/Endeavor

In between the old gen 2 Ford Everests pick up named Ford Ranger just competed with Toyota Hilux, the Fortuner based pick up truck, and the Ford even with the 2nd gen chassis, made a win over the Hilux
Seems like the Mk3 Endeavor is going to be amazing, Toyota too is testing a new Fortuner, so the upcoming SUV butch war is ON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZljNZ2nMYzo

Seems like Thailand is the 1st country to get the new Everest/Endeavor

In between the old gen 2 Ford Everests pick up named Ford Ranger just competed with Toyota Hilux, the Fortuner based pick up truck, and the Ford even with the 2nd gen chassis, made a win over the Hilux
Seems like the Mk3 Endeavor is going to be amazing, Toyota too is testing a new Fortuner, so the upcoming SUV butch war is ON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZljNZ2nMYzo
Indeed! The WAR is on :) With the new Toyota Fortuner headed for a early 2016 launch, the New Everest however, will be launched first in Thailand in the next couple of months and then will see Indian Sun in the last quarter of 2015.

Still, I feel the new Ford will stay ahead of the all new 2016 Fortuner in terms of features, ride and handling and off course the very important factor, THE pricing!

The above pic is of the 3.2 L Diesel Ford Endeavour. It would be rather interesting to see if the same engine spec can make it to Indian market.

Source

Regards

Akash
The same spec 200 bhp is sure to reach India along with the new 2.2 TDCi,its just the petrol that wont reach India I guess,
About the pricing its expected between 24-31 lakhs as per Kairali Ford TVM, the launch is expected by September 2015

The above pic is of the 3.2 L Diesel Ford Endeavour. It would be rather interesting to see if the same engine spec can make it to Indian market.

Source

Regards

Akash
Yes buddy, Hope that Ford launches the Endeavour with different engine options, different gearboxes and with 2WD and 4WD. If Ford does get different engine options and different variants to India, there is an Endeavour available at almost every price point in the segment and the Endeavour might prove itself a run away success. Till now the expectations are positive and hope it becomes better and stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom