All New Audi A8 Now in India at Rs.89 Lakhs

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Re: The All New Audi A8 Coming Up!

Saga of advertisement war continues amongst top-rated luxury carmakers. Keeping up with the trend, Audi has attempted to indirectly smack Mercedes through an amazing commercial of New A8. Must watch!

YouTube - Audi - Goodnight Commercial

Drive Safe,
350Z

Interesting advert and I love the creativity that's gone behind it.

But if we can leave the cars cars in question aside for a moment and the brands (attacker vs the attacked) as well, then... To me it seems like Audi is trying to say that old school luxury is suddenly a bad thing. That we must embrace all that is flashy and new and chuck out the comfort and the subtle luxury that has been appreciated over the years.

I know that Audi has built up this reputation of taking on its competition, with a noticeable soft corner for BMW. With this advert however, i'm not so convinced. Makes me wonder if brands could pay some more attention to the underlying message rather than attacking each-other so mindlessly!

Thread Starter #20

350Z

Core Team

I’m seriously left impressed with this advertiment. The team that has worked behind sure deserves a big pat on their back. On the other hand, I feel Audi is here a bit too direct and harsh to pull down Mercedes Benz. Still, both are respectable manufactures of this industry. All the difference is that three pointed star quietly makes an impression where as Audi is more about go with the show.

I wonder what is going to be Merc's response now!
Cannot say how Mercedes is going to react on this, but their fans have already begun to. Just read the first comment on YouTube for this video. :biggrin:

Good Morning Ugly. And what happened to your eyes?
Drive Safe,
350Z

Cannot say how Mercedes is going to react on this, but their fans have already begun to. Just read the first comment on YouTube for this video. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Loved the ad. I am just waiting for the ad which would be an answer to this one. Lets see how Merc hits back.

Thread Starter #22

350Z

Core Team

Audi has sent this as a part of their ongoing marketing campaign for A8. There are more leaflets describing various features of New A8.

audi a8 marketing.JPG

audi-a8.JPG

audi-a8-2.jpg

audi-a8-4.JPG

audi-a8-1.JPG

audi-a8-3.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

oh that ad is great!! audi is spending so much on marketing. is A8 not launched till now btw??

It will be really good to see the A8 with its flagship W12 engine under the hood.

The engine is an awesome performer and could beat any other car of its class hands down!

I had read it in Overdrive last year about the engine being discontinued. Could anyone clarify on this?

Thread Starter #26

350Z

Core Team
Re: The All New Audi A8 Launched @ Rs.89 Lakhs

Audi launched the prestigious and super luxurious all new A8 in India on February 4th, 2011 at price tag of Rs.89 Lakhs (Ex.Showroom, Delhi). The best part is that company has received approximately 150 bookings already, which it intends to deliver by next four months.

“The launch of Audi A8 L is a milestone for us. It marks the entry of our new flagship in India. This super luxury sedan will allow us to further build upon the tremendous growth potential,” Michael Perschke, head of Audi India said.
Apart of this, not only on the car, Audi has also spent a fair amount of attention and cost on marketing too. Here is what’s more they have sent to us. (3D Glasses along with the brochure booklet of New A8).

audi-a8-merchandise.jpg

audi-a8-goggles.jpg

audi-a8-box.jpg

audi-a8-3d-glasses-case.jpg

audi-a8-3d-sunglasses.jpg

audi-a8-brochure.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: The All New Audi A8 Launched @ Rs.89 Lakhs

Audi A8 is amazing car. It will capture the indian market. Its price is around 72,50,000* - Rs 1,26,00,000* Ex-Showroom Price in New Delhi.

Top Bottom