All About Windows: News & Discussions

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Windows 10 gets new virtual keyboard with emojis

Windows-10-Joe-Belfiore-Build-2017-main.jpg

Windows 10 is getting a host of new features and the biggest of them is related to the virtual keyboard. Microsoft is making changes to the keyboard layout and adds a whole new set of options that are long overdue. The improved keyboard layout also looks to change the experience of using the touch keyboard. This is likely to target Surface devices and Windows notebooks with a touch display.

The layout also makes sure users will find typing on the touch keyboard easier and the use of the cursor is also intuitive. Windows 10 will let you scroll up and down with the cursor by holding to the space bar on the touch keyboard. But it’s hard to focus on the keyboard without improving on emojis these days. Which is why Microsoft is adding a new set of emojis and an easier way to access them. You’ll also be able to search for an emoji, GIF under the same interface. This is similar to how it works on mobile devices.

Read

350Z

Core Team
I upgraded to Windows 11 recently and it’s been a pleasant experience so far. My fingers were used to left-side Windows Start icon, so it took a while to adjust though. TAI-gers, share your views on Windows 11 as well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Me too upgraded to Windows 11. So far its good. Since im using Win 10 & Win 11 parallelly, the right click menu options will confuse a bit. But its okay now. Overall i feel its good. They should integrate the running of Android apps on Windows 11. Seems like it has released for Windows Insiders. Hopefully it will be launched in the near future.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Switched back to Windows 10 as my pre-war work software had attitude issues with 11 [frustration]

I upgraded to Windows 11 recently and it’s been a pleasant experience so far. My fingers were used to left-side Windows Start icon, so it took a while to adjust though. TAI-gers, share your views on Windows 11 as well.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Can be changed to left side in the setting.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
My system shows that ''This PC can run Windows 11'' with a note that 'some Windows 10 features aren't available in Windows 11. Certain apps and features may have additional requirements''.

Still thinking whether to upgrade to Windows 11 or not. [think]

350Z

Core Team
My system shows that ''This PC can run Windows 11'' with a note that 'some Windows 10 features aren't available in Windows 11. Certain apps and features may have additional requirements''.
There’s a link in that message which state the list of changes and incompatible apps. Plus, as a general rule, always backup personal files before proceeding with a major update.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
There’s a link in that message which state the list of changes and incompatible apps. Plus, as a general rule, always backup personal files before proceeding with a major update.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks. I had a funny problem few hours back. All of a sudden my screen started flickering. My friend's Son is a software engineer and he came here and initiated a software update which settled out the issue. He too recommends to upgrade to Windows 11. So, think will start the upgrade tomorrow morning as it may take at least 7/8 hours to complete the upgrade?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Computer experts - need your opinion about 'Driver Booster' ?

I was having screen display flickering on my Laptop and my neighbor software guy came and updated the display driver but it did not solve the problem.
Today, I have downloaded the ''Driver Booster'' free version and scanned the laptop. The free version tool only updated a couple of drivers and now asking to upgrade to Pro-version, so that all 28 pending outdated drivers can be updated.

At the moment the flickering is stopped, but still the screen display and fonts are not clear as was in the past.

Any suggestion - should I try to update all drivers upgrading to Pro-version or take the laptop to a service center?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thanks. Windows update are the latest and nothing pending. DriverHub downloaded but not able to open.
Check optional updates in Windows updates page. May be compatibility issue with Windows 11.

Also check manufacturer site for Win 11 drivers.

(Not sure how things are in Win 11 as I rolled back to 10).

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I took the LT to the service center who checked and told me that the screen itself has gone and not any other problem like driver update etc. He quoted me Rs. 8500 to 9000 for changing the screen.

Told him that I will think it over and come back later. Then I visited my friend who runs a lab and asked him if he know any PC repair guy. He guided me to another small shop and the engineer is well known to my friend. That guy, after checking the LT told me the same story except the cost quoted was, Rs. 7500/7700.

He explained me the problem - while switching on the system the screen starts with black background with many vertical lines alongwith flickering which happens due to screen failure and not driver problems

No other choice left with me hence asked him to ahead and get the new screen whic he has to get from Ernakulam. Hope to get the LT tomorrow evening after replacing the screen.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Got it repaired (laptop screen change) yesterday. Also bought a wireless Dell Mouse at Rs.800 (MRP Rs.999/-)
Total paid Rs.8300/-

Model No.WM118
IMG_20211130_175118.jpg

IMG_20211130_175220.jpg

++

Upgraded to Windows 11 today. It took almost 5.5 hours for downloading and another 2 hours for the installation process (using Mobile internet - Airtel 4G)

Top Bottom