Alert! Earth Quake Warnings & Updates

Re: Alert! Earth Quake in New Delhi-NCR

Hi Prads, I felt the same. I thought I'm having some issues with my leg. Initially I thought my legs are shivering. My wife called me immediately then realized the earthquake. I too took my wallet and car key and came out to join many who were already out!
Ya i was stunned,but it was like for a min i felt a slight shaking sensation like i was dizzy as i was on my sofa but nothing around me shook,so thinking i must be dehydrated even after having 2 glasses of butter milk,but things relaxed for a min as i paid attention to the tv,then a min latter again realized the dizzy feeling,i raised my left hand & looked at it to see if my vision feels bluur but things looked fine as i looked at my right leg it was swaying like when you are on those massage chairs,a few sec later mom alerted me,& the horror feeling that the earth below you is moving more than it should & things can collapse was terrifying,

as you can see a month odd back i had commented on this very thread asking how horrifying it must be to run out of your house, well now i know how it feels
I must admit the fact of a earth quake hitting you & creating havoc is scary,i would find myself imaging what would i take with myself if i were to run outside the house in such a scenario.

Was there seriously a quake??? I was driving to office at that very right time and did not feel any. Saw in the news about this.. My wife also did not feel any she was wfh today.
Guess my appt is quake resistance hehehe.
Hope all TAI's are good and safe.

Thread Starter #50

350Z

Core Team

I hope that our forum members are safe out there in Bangalore and other regions where the earthquake was felt.
Thread renamed as well. We can continue our discussions about earthquake alerts and warnings here from now onwards.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Alert! Earth Quake Warnings and Updates Thread

I didnt feel but it was so much kind of ragging war in pondicherry.

it was felt high in chennai , Friend working in IT companies just came down.

Many in py also felt them .

More madness was when the tsunami warning was given out. as the richer scale was high both the time today evening.

People going to beach in evening inspite of warning were beaten and chased by cops.

Hope everything comes back normal after the warning lift off

Dhaya was on way to pondy . He was just 30 kms when i saw the news and remembered him.
asked him to return immediately through thindivanam by pass route.

Bad luck , else could have seen his new jetta!!

I hope that our forum members are safe out there in Bangalore and other regions where the earthquake was felt.

Drive Safe,
350Z
There were some mild shakes in Bangalore but nothing worse till now.

The local news channels reported that the quake happened at two intervals, one at 2:15 pm and one at 4 pm.

As a result of the mild tremor the strategically placed rocks in my Aquarium collapsed & i am not able to set them up as before(its quite the task),so some fishes have lost there homes [roll] until i have someone come over & set things up,its not everyday you have a mini tsunami at home.

Anybody face tiny problems other than not being able to go to the beach thanks to these tremors?

Am i the only one who felt like a mild tremor(some time back) here in Bangalore?

Did anyone felt a Shock today ? 19/6/12

Hi Everyone
I hope everyone is doing alright
We just got a nice big shake up in Melbourne , I was checking TAI and my screen started shaking to left and right.

Anyone else felt it ? ZAL ?

Re: Did anyone felt a Shock today ? 19/6/12

Hi Everyone
I hope everyone is doing alright
We just got a nice big shake up in Melbourne , I was checking TAI and my screen started shaking to left and right.

Anyone else felt it ? ZAL ?
I hope everything is okay and you safe?

Warnings can be issued for cyclones or tsunamis as they can be predicted pretty accurately with technology available today but there is no technology available to predict earthquakes. I mean nobody can predict that there will be an earthquake in "X" location on "Y" date. Hence there is no question of issuing an earthquake warning. With due respect to the author, I think the title of the thread should not contain the words "Earthquake Warnings".

Warnings can be issued for cyclones or tsunamis as they can be predicted pretty accurately with technology available today but there is no technology available to predict earthquakes. I mean nobody can predict that there will be an earthquake in "X" location on "Y" date. Hence there is no question of issuing an earthquake warning. With due respect to the author, I think the title of the thread should not contain the words "Earthquake Warnings".
Hey, the title was named in that manner to inform or share the news at the earliest so that people who has internet access can at least know a little % of what's going on in that particular region.

Top Bottom