Airtel Broadband - Excellent Service.

@ Mercedised This is what exactly happened for me also. We waited for 3 months and all three 3 months we got false billings. Did not pay the last bill and asked them to disconnect my service. They never even bothered to come and disconnect the service and take back the modem( at that there was an option for renting a modem). Switched to BSNL 5 years ago and mostly happy till now apart from few issues.

The best part about BSNL is there are no hotlines , no e-mails , just go their office and give a written complaint. But the worst part is the lineman comes to your home and services you based on the amount you tip him!
there are many horror stories you can find them on indian broadband forum but airtel has just blocked the access to the website.

so until they have customers who have blind faith in the company they are ready to just $crew them royally [lol]

Thread Starter #17
Wish I had not posted so early... On day 1, I got a speed of 4 MBPS, then onwards the speed dropped below 1 MBPS, going as low as 0.17 MBPS.

I have sent a mail to Airtel customer care, lets see how they respond.
1.30 pm - I wrote a mail to Airtel about the speed issue.

2:30 pm - Received a confirmation mail from them.

5:30 pm - Received a call from them that they will send their engineer in an hour. Since it was closing time in office, I requested them to send the engineer tomorrow.

5:40 pm - Again received a call from them, this time a different gentleman though. Insisted that I get it rectified today and that he will send the engineer ASAP. I told him that its not possible as its too late. He told me that he will message me the direct number of the engineer & that I can call him as soon as I reach office tomorrow.

5:41 pm - Got the sms with the engineer's number & name.

5:42 pm - Got a call from the same gentleman to ask if I got the sms!

5:45 pm - Got a mail from Airtel stating the complaint number & that the issue will be rectified within 48 hours.

6:00 pm - Got a SMS from Airtel stating my complaint number.

Phew! Are they after my life?

Looks like Airtel is good in your region or maybe they have now improved. I had bad experience with them 4 or 5 years back only!

I find their mobile customer care very good though. I once complained that my 3G speed is not very good calling them. They said it will be verified in the next 2 weeks but i was rectified the next day itself.

1.30 pm - I wrote a mail to Airtel about the speed issue.

2:30 pm - Received a confirmation mail from them.

5:30 pm - Received a call from them that they will send their engineer in an hour. Since it was closing time in office, I requested them to send the engineer tomorrow.

5:40 pm - Again received a call from them, this time a different gentleman though. Insisted that I get it rectified today and that he will send the engineer ASAP. I told him that its not possible as its too late. He told me that he will message me the direct number of the engineer & that I can call him as soon as I reach office tomorrow.

5:41 pm - Got the sms with the engineer's number & name.

5:42 pm - Got a call from the same gentleman to ask if I got the sms!

5:45 pm - Got a mail from Airtel stating the complaint number & that the issue will be rectified within 48 hours.

6:00 pm - Got a SMS from Airtel stating my complaint number.

Phew! Are they after my life?

put up a disconnection request and see how fast they respond :tongue:

well i am using airtel broadband facility since 1 year and havent faced any issues regarding their speed or billing issues, only once they didnot cleared the bill i had already paid, else then its stil working superbly.1 year before i was using bsnl for almost 5 years, after which i switched over to airtel, within 24hours, installations were done with free caller id handset and wireless modem.Still enjoying.thanks for sharing this Raj.

@Raj good that atleast they are responding ( May be since you are a new customer) In my case the only time they responded was when i asked for disconnection !
BTW, can anyone say what is the best deal they are getting with Airtel in chennai !

Like i said in my previous post you got to email them instead of calling they will respond well,calling there hot line is of no use they will ask you to note down a complaint number & you wont here from them so always email them,i guess the complaint address was
" 121@airtel.in " mention your phone number in the subject.

Thread Starter #23
@Raj good that atleast they are responding ( May be since you are a new customer) In my case the only time they responded was when i asked for disconnection !
BTW, can anyone say what is the best deal they are getting with Airtel in chennai !

I have an old Airtel connection in my residence. My experience has been good.

Like i said in my previous post you got to email them instead of calling they will respond well,calling there hot line is of no use they will ask you to note down a complaint number & you wont here from them so always email them,i guess the complaint address was
" 121@airtel.in " mention your phone number in the subject.
Yes, thanks for sharing that.

BTW, their new email id is 121@in.airtel.com

I have noticed that mainly the members who are complaining about Airtel services are from Chennai !!
Anything with Airtel staff in Chennai, asking out of curiosity cuz I have 3 mobiles, 1 Landline+Broadband and a Digital TV with Airtel from the past 3 years. Never ever had a problem.

Thread Starter #25
By the way, I forgot to mention that the problem has been solved, today morning. Now I am back to 4 MBPS speed!

They would have rectified it yesterday evening itself though, if I was available. Really quick turn out time.

Top Bottom