Airbags Are Damn Important. Don’t Compromise.

Now one acid test. Honda Brio AT is being lauched in E and S variants. Normal S does not have airbags or ABS, while (o) has. An AT tends to put more strain on the brakes. So let us see what Honda does?

Re: Airbags Are Damn Important. Don’t Compromise.

@jaydev i think you are doubting the air bags & abs, whether they'll work or not.

First of all i wanna make a thing clear, the car having air bags will definitely have abs. Air bags are never thrown in a car not having ABS.

Now the second one these days most of the air bags have 2 stage deployment function. If you are wearing seat belt and the collision is lethal, then they'll deploy using their full potential.

If you are not wearing seat belt, irrespective of the type of collision the air bag will use partial amount of potential for deployment. Same is the case when you are wearing the seatbelts but the collision is not lethal.

Now Jaydev bro i wanna answer your doubt. Actually you are asking for a guarantee from ABS and airbag, to save someone's life in case of misshape. What if you see a person dying in front of you, just because these things were not there in the car, there will definitely be a thought in your mind that "if they(abs, airbags) would have been there in the car, the person could have had chances of survival".

This is the point on which most of the electronic safety devices work.They actually increase the chances of survival.

If we go by your point then, you won't advice a AIDS patient to get treatment as there is no chance of his survival.

Try to find positive aspects of these devices as well, they have far more +ve aspects than negative ones.

You also need them whether you like them or not.

Last edited:
Vivek; I agree 100%. ABS and airbags improve your chance of survival and minimize injury. However, this is statistical so no guarantees should be expected. Deployment is pretty foolproof.

First of all i wanna make a thing clear, the car having air bags will definitely have abs. Air bags are never thrown in a car not having ABS.
I would like to correct here. Nissan Micra XE Petrol is the car that has Driver Airbag but no ABS. Same is true with Renault Pulse RxE and RxL Petrol. There may be others too but as per my knowledge, Nissan and Renault are an exception.

Yes, Driver side Airbag is standard in Nissan Micra across all varients (petrol & diesel), but there is no option of ABS or EBD.
Just wanted to know one thing, in city driving conditions does ABS means chances of collision from behind will increase ? Because vehicle behind you may not stop as quickly as your vehicle with ABS? is this true ?

ABS does not means strong brakes. ABS stands for Antilock Braking System, that means it will prevent your tyres to lock itself in case of emergency braking.

@Vivek,I am an electronics guy. I have some ideas about the these automated systems.
The question is about safety and beliefs associated with it. The price you pay optionally for safety equipments does it justify especially considering the way market is functioning.
I dont think so.
just look at what Sandip has asked.
People are being made to believe these features are ultimate and should be mandatory,that is when I say..come on guys have a life!
I for myself would emphasis on importance of structural strength then talk about baloons.

Yes, Driver side Airbag is standard in Nissan Micra across all varients (petrol & diesel), but there is no option of ABS or EBD.
Just wanted to know one thing, in city driving conditions does ABS means chances of collision from behind will increase ? Because vehicle behind you may not stop as quickly as your vehicle with ABS? is this true ?
It could be possible, but airbags are best coupled with ABS to work at their best.

[lol][lol] yeah its true(some what), you may get banged by some morons here and there, but it doesn't implies that one should avoid ABS, its an imp safety feature and reduces the braking distance in most of situations.

ABS does not means strong brakes. ABS stands for Antilock Braking System, that means it will prevent your tyres to lock itself in case of emergency braking.
I think @sandeep is saying correct, considering the no. of morons in our country.[lol] Flying like jets on the road without proper safety and vehicles. I think you are very well aware of it as someone did the same with you recently, and i must feel sorry for those swift/dezire owners having worst brakes.

Last edited:
@dharmesh do you realize how much does abs aids regular braking under multiples situations? I mean do you realize when it is good and when not?

@dharmesh do you realize how much does abs aids regular braking under multiples situations? I mean do you realize when it is good and when not?
One thing I have realized that , ABS is good when you dont intend your car to skid , but it may be equally brutal, because I have learnt from your other post that It also tends to increase the braking distance in certain situation.

Well that is what technology is all about. all have its Pros and Cons.

... It also tends to increase the braking distance in certain situation.
Modern electronic ABS systems may not be improved upon even by expert drivers. Maybe he top end rally chaps yes, but not the general public for sure.

@jaydev bro, i am not contradicting you, i agree that electronics are weakest as well as the strongest link of these devices but i think its better to have them, as most of the time they can help us to survive. The situations you are talking about are not always there like, in india we rarely drive on ice, where ABS is just useless(increasing breaking distance), gravels, highly slippery surfaces. But in these cases too ABS provides control over steering which is definitely good, you can't do any better than ABS.

I also belongs to ET branch though never been in professional practice, due to interest in business and recession's horrifying stories.

I would like to correct here. Nissan Micra XE Petrol is the car that has Driver Airbag but no ABS. Same is true with Renault Pulse RxE and RxL Petrol. There may be others too but as per my knowledge, Nissan and Renault are an exception.
Thanks,@sarav.sandhu

Welcome to TAI buddy. Have a good time on-board.

You talking about snow?
It fails in Rain! Wet roads.
Even in mid noon when temperature is very high and tarmac becomes softer !
It does aids traction control but that does not sound like a safety device.

Top Bottom