Air Conditioner Modifications

Thread Starter #17
The so called r12 gas is duplicate , sigh. and its normal for that compressor to heat that much. tomorrow will be using r13a gas again. :(

today found a leak in the system. need to rectify that too

Air conditioner in car

Please, people share your experiences with car ac , maintenance, performance ,repair etc .as market is full of ac mechanics who just make money with little or no experience & knowledge
Thanks

Hi just bought a second hand i20 asta, car is good runs beautifully done only 46k kms, but for ac compressor seized after few days of use. I read lot of reviews on net & found that ac of i20 is underpowered & need some upgrade.
just want to know if any members from TAI community had done some change or upgraded to any new compressor or fitting.

yes i20 (before 2011) have less cooling and lots of users facing that problem
try to get the used compresses from a scraped 2011 model i20 which is easy task in Delhi i think

Used compressor from i20? No way. Just modified the complete system, switched to used sanden 505 compressor & got rid of every problem, now cooling is awesome & the best part is didn't cost too much.

Hi Nanhi, Can you post some details.. How did you swap the compressor since the pipe flanges would be totally different also the mount points are different.

Any pics ?

Hi
Changed the mounting, compressor pulley, belt & got pipe welded with flanges.
As for cost mounting pulley 1500( with belt & pulley) compressor 2500 labour 2000 total cost 6000 , but it was worth. Now awesome cooling with very little load on engine .

Top Bottom