Aftermarket Tacho Meter / RPM Meter

Which one?? OBD series?? 5 inch size meters cost a bit, but look oversize. What I inquired was 3 inch ones.

Take your car to some friendly workshop and postmortem the console wiring :D
I am a bit afraid to take it out for such mods as my car already has quite a lot of aftermarket electrical mods. Still i contacted Jerry as i wanted Tacho and he vaquely said 8k. He will call me when he reached Trivandrum (Currently he is out of town) on Wednesday and will let me know the details. Meanwhile i will check if Ritz Tacho can be installed in Dzire. I have heard it's cost effective option[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

thanks a ton.he ignition coil is just under the petrol tank. [:)] i should get the rpm meter thats the challenge.any have a guess how much a used one could cost?

the ignition coil is right below the tank.so i can solve the problem of connection also will be same as the a-star tacho?

also another thing called a friend of mine.he says that the current bike'es rpm meter and speedometer works on a shared mother board.so is there any bike thats the speedo and tacho separated.this info would do a great help to me.[roll]

Thread Starter #174
Get a tacho which has options to change the number of cylinders. I guess your bike has a single cylinder engine. Why not try to swap from other bikes which has a tacho.

yeah thats my actual plan.i think none has attempted to do a tacho for a bike.so it would look cool [glasses] i donno how to source for.i prefer an old one so that it will be cheap and which bikes to use.i prefer it to be smaller

I am a bit afraid to take it out for such mods as my car already has quite a lot of aftermarket electrical mods. Still i contacted Jerry as i wanted Tacho and he vaquely said 8k. He will call me when he reached Trivandrum (Currently he is out of town) on Wednesday and will let me know the details. Meanwhile i will check if Ritz Tacho can be installed in Dzire. I have heard it's cost effective option[:)]

Regards,
Sankar
Hi Shankar

You can connect ritz tachometer to ur Dzire the source you have to take from the ECU which has engine speed sensor output & Thier is a provision in the ECU for Engine Speed Sensor output signal. That can be located by a experience electrician.

I have already install Ritz Tachometer to my Dzire LDI. This is done by me.DYI.
I Work for a German Automotive Company.

Hi Shankar

You can connect ritz tachometer to ur Dzire the source you have to take from the ECU which has engine speed sensor output & Thier is a provision in the ECU for Engine Speed Sensor output signal. That can be located by a experience electrician.

I have already install Ritz Tachometer to my Dzire LDI. This is done by me.DYI.
I Work for a German Automotive Company.
Can you show me how it is done please? I am desperately looking for someone who can guide me in the installation.

Regards,
Sankar

farooq79 can you please share the details with step by step pics. It would be great and helpful for the diesel Maruti owners in the forum :) Thanks in advance [:D]

Hello everyone! I just came across this post and my hopes for acquiring a tacho gauge has gone up!
I have been lookin to buy a tacho for so long now..finally got hold of an MGP dealer and he said it'll take atleast 15-20 days if I place an order..In India, this would translate to atleast a month's wait andI have grown really impatient..so if any one has an extra or a spare A-Star tacho (petrol) and is willin to sell it to me, please lemme know!
[cry]

Top Bottom