Aftermarket ICE Upgrade For Hyundai Verna 4S

40K is too much.. Definitely a Pioneer would be much better.. Have you got anything in mind for the upgrade?
Thinking of Pioneer AVIC-F80BT. An aftermarket accessories dealer quote me 43K for it. But I am open for other models/manufacturer's as long as it's a VFM. Please feel free to suggest one.

Things I'll need :
1. Navigation.
2. Bluetooth audio, auto-connection etc.
3. Compatibility with my steering mounted controls.
4. Good and reputable service.
5. Apple CarPlay (not that relevant for my use)
6. Speaker quality output must be same or more with OEM setup.

Thread Starter #18
Thinking of Pioneer AVIC-F80BT. An aftermarket accessories dealer quote me 43K for it. But I am open for other models/manufacturer's as long as it's a VFM. Please feel free to suggest one.
Hey Krishna, long time... I've been on a busy schedule recently... I'm personally a huge fan of Sony, but when it comes to in car entertainment systems I prefer Pioneer. The experience has been really good.

Things I'll need :
1. Navigation.
2. Bluetooth audio, auto-connection etc.
3. Compatibility with my steering mounted controls.
4. Good and reputable service.
5. Apple CarPlay (not that relevant for my use)
6. Speaker quality output must be same or more with OEM setup.
All the above mentioned have been perfect with my AVIC-F980BT. Just had to get an extra adapter for the steering mounted controls to work. And yeah, i received the USB retention cable two days back. I installed it and its perfect... No more cables hanging out of the dash.[cheers]

This is the one I purchased.

PAC USBHY1 USB Retention Cable For Hyundai And Kia Vehicles 2009+ | eBay

Thread Starter #19
Found this on ebay. This may not exactly match stock wooden trim design but comes close to it.
Wood Grain Texture Vinyl Wrap

There are a lot of Wood Grain Texture Vinyl Wrap available on ebay, select one which you think is suitable.
Yeah... Looks a bit different from the stock.. I saw another one on autographix. The complete wooden trim kit. Here's the link.

Buy Autographix Car Interior accessories Dashboard Trims For Hyundai Fluidic Verna Online Shopping India At Best prices, Reviews

The dimensions and specs look accurate.. But i felt the price is a bit on the higher end.. What do you feel?.. Is it worth a purchase?

And yeah, i received the USB retention cable two days back. I installed it and its perfect[cheers]
I'm glad I could help you in resolving your issue.

Yeah... Looks a bit different from the stock.. I saw another one on autographix. The complete wooden trim kit. Here's the link.

Buy Autographix Car Interior accessories Dashboard Trims For Hyundai Fluidic Verna Online Shopping India At Best prices, Reviews

The dimensions and specs look accurate.. But i felt the price is a bit on the higher end.. What do you feel?.. Is it worth a purchase?
Bro, that's not a wooden trim. I you look at drawings carefully, you'll notice. It's just crome for fascia plastic between trim and vents+audio device. There is no use for you in buying it since it there is no cover for the trim you wanted.

I saw a post in other forums. It has details of Hyundai OEM AVN system.
It's made by a company called Motrex automotive based in South Korea. Part number for Hyundai Verna is "MTXM100RB". Sent an email to them asking for the price and deatils and they diverted me to his indian counterpart.

Spoke to him about 15min and he told me that it would cost around 48K just for AVN system and I would have to order it via Hyundai Showroom only. Then I would still have to buy a new USB-steering connector to work with that system along with OEM shark fin (it has gps receiver with antenna) and also fascia should also be changed to accommodate avn.

This will have warranty of 3yrs and can get 3 updates for free.

Thread Starter #22
I'm glad I could help you in resolving your issue.

Bro, that's not a wooden trim. I you look at drawings carefully, you'll notice. It's just crome for fascia plastic between trim and vents+audio device. There is no use for you in buying it since it there is no cover for the trim you wanted.
You're right bro... I missed that out... I fell for the picture and thought it was the wooden part. No worries.. lets keep researching to find a better option.[thumbswink]

It's made by a company called Motrex automotive based in South Korea. Part number for Hyundai Verna is "MTXM100RB". Sent an email to them asking for the price and deatils and they diverted me to his indian counterpart.

Spoke to him about 15min and he told me that it would cost around 48K just for AVN system and I would have to order it via Hyundai Showroom only. Then I would still have to buy a new USB-steering connector to work with that system along with OEM shark fin (it has gps receiver with antenna) and also fascia should also be changed to accommodate avn.

So is it gonna cost 48 K excluding the USB adapter and shark fin?
I remember Walking into an Hyundai service center almost 8 months ago asking for the OEM shark fin... they told me that it would cost around 5K as it came with the GPS antenna and also we need to have a hole drilled on the roof of our Verna as the OEM shark-fin comes with an extra projection like the one in the picture below.

Attachments

Last edited:
In south korea it costs around 29K-30K INR. They are just adding 18-19K as customs and their profit.

Need to figure out a way to get it information about cost from HMIL for AVN, Harness, Shark Fin and Fascia. In fact if they would sell this as an aftermarket kit, we could see a lot of buyer of Base and S variant opting for this.

Thread Starter #24
In south korea it costs around 29K-30K INR. They are just adding 18-19K as customs and their profit.

Need to figure out a way to get it information about cost from HMIL for AVN, Harness, Shark Fin and Fascia. In fact if they would sell this as an aftermarket kit, we could see a lot of buyer of Base and S variant opting for this.

Yeah.. you're right... if we could find some way to get all the above mentioned as an aftermarket kit, there definitely are a lot of buyers..

I'll also try to dig out some info..

Sorry, Im not quite regular on the forums these days, but that article in tBhp is mine. My Fluidic Verna has the new OEM system from the 4S. Feel free to shoot any questions you have and I shall do my best to help you out.

Sorry, Im not quite regular on the forums these days, but that article in tBhp is mine. My Fluidic Verna has the new OEM system from the 4S. Feel free to shoot any questions you have and I shall do my best to help you out.
Hi, i read your article in team bhp. I just want to know how did you install the shark fin. Did you drill a hole or anything. And are you willing to sell the OEM parts as an agent.

for your first question, you dont need to drill a hole. You remove the existing antenna, run the wire through to the AVN system and then replace with the shark fin antenna. You need to remove the headliner to bolt the sharkfin antenna.

for your second question, the system is no longer available, since the new Verna started production. Also I dont have the system anymore. My cousin took it away for his Verna.

So, I got a Sony XAV-AX5000 system. Took a whole day, but I managed to complete the "DIY". Wired it all up - retains factory camera, factory mic, factory USB and steering wheel controls.

Top Bottom