Aftermarket Front Armrest

I recently ordered a Universal armrest for my Wagon R 2007 from ebay and recieved the product without any problems.( Universal Car Center Console Arm Rest / Hand Rest in Beige Color | eBay ). This particular one will have to be attached or screwed on to the handbrake cover to hold it in place.
I too have thought of getting the same for Figo, but looking for something with cup holders too, but not finding one. Anyone seen something like that?

Arm Rest with Under Storage and Cup / Bottle Holders (probably for rear passengers) for Figo [:D]

I too have thought of getting the same for Figo, but looking for something with cup holders too, but not finding one. Anyone seen something like that?

Arm Rest with Under Storage and Cup / Bottle Holders (probably for rear passengers) for Figo [:D]
Actually the 1st armrest I recieved when I ordered from another site was a incorrect product but had a cup holder, however its quality was inferior to the current 1 I placed. Hence I order this 1 and fit it onto my car. I really doubt you would find any of them with cup holders so if you can possibly drop the idea of having a cup holder in it this product would not let you down. It is nice and sturdy works very well and is also of decent quality. You can look up this link http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...07-lxi-minor-diys-tachometer-armrest-etc.html

Thanks, :)

Actually the 1st armrest I recieved when I ordered from another site was a incorrect product but had a cup holder, however its quality was inferior to the current 1 I placed. Hence I order this 1 and fit it onto my car. I really doubt you would find any of them with cup holders so if you can possibly drop the idea of having a cup holder in it this product would not let you down. It is nice and sturdy works very well and is also of decent quality. You can look up this link http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...07-lxi-minor-diys-tachometer-armrest-etc.html

Thanks, :)
Yeah Arish. I am not finding one, yet not gave up. I have seen that somewhere with a Twin Cup Holders on the rear of the Arm Rest. Moreover, those Cup Holders are fold-able, that means, you can close it and tuck it inside when not in use.

Fitting Driver Arm Rest in Terrano

Hi

I have finalized on buying Terrano; unfortunately one of the feature I miss most is driver arm rest which is very useful for long drives.

1) I found some univercell armrests in ebay for ex: Coido Universal Beige CAR Center ARM Rest Hand Rest CUM Storage BOX | eBay.

Do any of you had experience with installing such arm rests? Will it be comfortable and not interfere with hand brake?

2) Since I am going for top end model, it will have leather seats. Hope this arm rest will not need any hole drill to seat. Can you please confirm?

3) Finally, is there any shop in Bangalore that can do this fitting with professional finish instead of ordering online that you recommend?

Regards
Srini.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Fitting Driver Arm Rest in Terrano

1) Do any of you had experience with installing such arm rests? Will it be comfortable and not interfere with hand brake?
It will not interfere with handbrake. Even if it does, most of them can be lifted up when required.

2) Since I am going for top end model, it will have leather seats. Hope this arm rest will not need any hole drill to seat. Can you please confirm?
Your seats are safe. It will either require drilling a hole on the floor or the console (depending upon the model).

3) Finally, is there any shop in Bangalore that can do this fitting with professional finish instead of ordering online that you recommend?
Some recommendations shared in the following thread might help: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/services-reviews/848-accessories-shops-various-cities.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Fitting Driver Arm Rest in Terrano

Installed aftermarket armrest for my Brio last week. Ordered it from Jazzmyride and I could install it myself properly without any drilling (Just screwed in).
Initially I felt like it is fouling while changing the gears,especially in the 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th shifts, but now I got used to it. Another thing is the
fixture was also in beige color, it could have been black matching with the hand brake console color of most cars.
1) I found some univercell armrests in ebay.Do any of you had experience with installing such arm rests? Will it be comfortable and not interfere with hand brake?
IMO It is really comfortable in highway drives, but in city traffic which requires frequent gear shifts I am not sure! It wont interfere with hand brake, but you have
to make sure while installing. Pull up the hand brake lever and then install armrest, if otherwise the rear side of the liver will get struck to the base plate of the armrest. Armrest can be lifted up 90o anytime, but if you take care of the above point it won't be necessary.
2) Since I am going for top end model, it will have leather seats. Hope this armrest will not need any hole drill to seat. Can you please confirm?.
It will get fixed on the hand brake console with screws, but this varies with vehicle specific design. I don't think there are any Terrano owners here who may can help you on this. So safer side get it installed from some shop.

Attachments

Last edited:
Armrest for swift reborn

Guys
I am having a swift reborn -2014 model with the front bezel strip around fog lamp model.
I want to include an armrest as it enhances driving comfort.
Tried 2 types but both are proving hindrance with new swift seating console.
Any suggestions.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Armrest for swift reborn

Guys
I am having a swift reborn -2014 model with the front bezel strip around fog lamp model.
I want to include an armrest as it enhances driving comfort.
Tried 2 types but both are proving hindrance with new swift seating console.
Any suggestions.
Vishnu, You can source something like this as my car has

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

It has open-able flap, gives driving comfort, can be lifted up or down as needed to use the cup holder, needs no drilling simply push in the screws using screw driver.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom