Aftermarket Front Armrest

Re: Aftermarket armrest for i10

I do not think you will be able to install it without screws because how it would hold it position ? I am also looking for an arm rest for my Estilo. However, I have not inquired about it so far. Anyone from Delhi installed aftermarket armrest. Please confirm price and location.[:)]
i am looking for one for my wagonr. i have made inquiries at the dealer, but he has advised me to for for accessory shops as the price is too high. there are items on ebay available for swift, which fits into the handbrake console. not sure about these. right now i am very busy for atleast one month. so afraid to buy online. will search at local shops and if i got one will post the details.

from some pictures i have seen most of the armrest interferes with the handbrake. looking for something different.

Last edited:
Re: Aftermarket armrest for i10

Finally got hold of this. Any good shop in Pune who stores good armrests and which does fit easily without any drill or screwing?
Around year back or so seen some one installing armrest at preet prasanna car decor in Mukund Nagar Pune.

But for sure they were using drill machine.

Cost approx 2K.

Re: Aftermarket Armrest for Hyundai i10

Hi All,
I am eagerly looking an armrest for my I10 Magna 1.2 (2012), i roamed around chennai to get one, badluck. Is it possible to get one in india? ebay? Wherever i go they says they have one for swift.[frustration] I guess I10 is also a best selling car in India but an essential accessory is not available, even not with Hyundai.[frustration] Any hope?

Thanks in advance.[confused]

Front Arm rests are interesting enough, i like to fabricate a rear arm rest for the esteem

I have got an armrest of some vehicle which im not aware of, and intend to fabricate it while doing the upholtsery.

Recently on my visit to Chennai, visited the junk yard and saw a Corrolla rear seat up for sale.... Loved the rear armrest on it (had two cup holders too), but the shopkeeper was not ready to sell the arm rest alone so had to come back empty handed [cry] and the seat was too costly to buy just for the armrest

warranty issue

I recently bought a universal arm rest for my honda brio. In order to fix it the guy is telling he needs to drill holes below the hand brake on the plastic. Will it break my warranty or in anyway affect my insurance??

01_4_3.jpg

Sorry i didnt knw whete to post this. Admin pls move it to appropriate section if needed.

Re: warranty issue

Hi Dheeraj,

Do NOT allow him to do this. This will for sure void the warranty of your car. Also, do not believe if Honda has allowed you to do this verbally; take a written note if they are allowing this.

Recently, I was planning to fit flag rod for my Vista and I did not allow the guy to drill any hole on the body.

Cheers!

Oh thank you so much. i will not allow him to do this. Now i am doomed i bought that thing for 1000 bucks and dont know how to fit it :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Warranty clauses are highly open to interpretation. Generally, unless you make a modification that affects the reliability or dynamics of the car, warranty will not be void. Drilling holes in the plastic frame does not affect the structural integrity of the frame of the car and neither does it involve any electrial/mechanical modification to any component of the car. I cannot see how it will vooid the warranty.

If I were in your place, I would have gone ahead and fitted it. Even if anything goes wrong, you can always remove the armrest and buy and refit the original plastic cover before claiming warranty.

I recently bought a universal arm rest for my honda brio. In order to fix it the guy is telling he needs to drill holes below the hand brake on the plastic. Will it break my warranty or in anyway affect my insurance??
Sorry i didnt knw whete to post this. Admin pls move it to appropriate section if needed.
A hole is drilled near handbrake area when we get gear lock fixed in the car, and mostly gearlock work is done at dealerships. So I don't think fixing a hand rest by drilling hole would void warranty unless you damage some electrical component or a wire in the process.

IMO, a written note from Honda should be good in this case. It is not wise to risk the warranty of the car which was bought with hard-earned money and regret later just for the sake of an arm-rest. Dealerships will always try to deny warranties wherever they have the slightest chance.

Oh thank u so much...i will not allow him to do this. Now i am doomed i bought that thing for 1000 bucks and dont know how to fit it :(
Drilling a hole near the Hand Break would not void the warranty as holes are drilled to fix the Gear locks.

I have a known person who delas with Car Accessories and he told me not to install the arm rest because with time the screws gets loose as the plastic on which the arm rest is installed is very thin and then will eventually vibrate and cause noise while driving so had not installed the arm rest.

Anyone who has installed arm rest can throw more light on this please.

Sunil

Oh thank you so much. i will not allow him to do this. Now i am doomed i bought that thing for 1000 bucks and dont know how to fit it :(
Have you installed the arm-rest in your brio? I know this thread is dated but just curious to know if the installation was successfull.

Attachments

Top Bottom