Aftermarket CNG / LPG Kit Queries and Discussions

I'm sorry, mistaken and explained wrong in my previous post about coolant being used in vaporizer

What is a Vaporizer ?? Is it a separate cooling unit for the GAS kit ??
Vaporizer uses the engine coolant to vaporize the LPG in liquid state to gas. Also it reduces the pressure.

I too was thinking that if the engine gets hot due to use of gas kit the thermostat will keep the radiator on for more time till engine cools.
Using gas kit will not affect the engine temperature (there will be effects, but negligible)

Mechanics say that with the thermostat the engine will get over heated.
What should we do ??? Install the thermostat again or not .
Fit the thermostat back and observe the engine temperature.

Hi,

My self parag and i am owning Mahindra Logan 1.4 GLX Petrol (2008), completed only 12000 km in around 4 years and i would like to go for CNG. Please suggest me which CNG kit if good for my vehicle and also if anyone can suggest me price and authorised dealer in pimpri chinchwad area in pune. Also if anyone can guide me how to proceed with this procedure without any issue. Also my vehicle is registered in Gujarat so do i need to fit this cng kit in Gujarat only or can i fit it here in pune.

Waiting for your positive reply

Re: Petrol To Diesel Engine Swap for Maruti Esteem

i am having a opel corsa 1.6 gls in chennai and i want to instal lpg gas kit in this i am getting a second hand kit from a frnd in jus 9k which was earlier use in santro xing 2007 model in a very good condition can any one tell me that is that kit sufficient for my opel corsa its a lavoto ordenary kit will it support 1.6 cc car?? Plz suggest me its urgent.

Hi for Cng fitment quality is more important than brand,any kit can be fitted to any vehicle.
If you want your RC endorsed with CNG fitment then you will have to check as which make of car is approved with which brand of CNG. For CNG there is no need for water connection except when temp is below O degrees for lpg yes water connection is must as LPG is very cold.Even on LPG there is no need to remove thermostat valve. In any fitment LPG or CNG try to start your vehicle on petrol till it reaches its normal temp (temp needle at half ) before switching it to gas,this practice will keep your injectors & manifold clean & running,when fitted with Gas always keep your petrol tank with 1/4th fuel to avoid damage to fuel pump which later on can result in running your car n rich petrol mode.It is also advisable to cut fuel pump wire & planting a relay in circuit to fully disconnect fuel pump while driving on GAS

CNG/LPG experiences with kits & accessories

Hi
Nowadays maximum people are running their vehicles on LPG / CNG
I would like to gather all experiences good or bad with GAS fitment.
I personally feel there are lots of mechanics fitting kits in cars but their ability to diagnose a problem or adding any new accessory to the conversion is very limited.
Please share

Re: CNG/LPG experiences with kits & accessories

different types of Lambda
different make & types of advancer (hall type , map type, emulator type etc
different types of emulators, obd sensors

Clarification about AUTO LPG related

Hi,

I have the following two clarifications.

• Is it possible to fit LPG kit in nano?
  • I have Spark LPG now. Assume in near future CNG is made available in chennai shall i convert the kit to use CNG instead of Auto LPG.
Thanks

Sethu

i have getz prime 2007 with CNG Lovato gas kit installed.

its giving me about 14-15 FE. but power is too low. i cant drive it in 2nd gear even @ 30KMPH !!

its an openloop kit AFAIK ( i need to set gas inlet via a knob after every air filter change )

one dealer suggested me lamda kit for 1800 /- ( lovato )
or MSU or something for 1200/-

please someone guide me , how i can get better FE and power from CNG kit.

Thread Starter #29
i have getz prime 2007 with CNG Lovato gas kit installed.

its giving me about 14-15 FE. but power is too low. i cant drive it in 2nd gear even @ 30KMPH !!

its an openloop kit AFAIK ( i need to set gas inlet via a knob after every air filter change )

one dealer suggested me lamda kit for 1800 /- ( lovato )
or MSU or something for 1200/-

please someone guide me , how i can get better FE and power from CNG kit.
for power there are two ways either increase gas flow or change it to sequential ( 0% loss) might cost you around 20k in exchange of current kit

Top Bottom