Aftermarket CNG / LPG Kit Queries and Discussions

so, as per your experience, lamda kit or anything will not effect FE or power !??

my currunt budget is now allowing me to upgrade to sequential kit :(

Thread Starter #32
Lamda work is to make sure gas reach properly which means when you will accelerate Bit hard it will send more gas but as most lamda kit are Chinese they stop working within few months good lamda does work perfectly

Btw do you have advancer installed

Last edited:
Re: Technical Clarifications for Maruti 800

HI recently i bought maruti omni 97 model, and i want to put lpg gas kit, can any one tell me how much mileage it will give, if i use domestic lpg gas, and how to convert 14.5 kgs in to litres.

CNG Kit for Hyundai Getz

I have shortlisted the Lovato CNG kit - closed loop system to be fitted with a Timing Advancer.

I have spoken to Eco Fuel Systems India (workshops in Thane & Vikhroli) who are the sole authorised distributors for Lovato in India.

Price quoted for 14kg cylinder is 32k incl the RTO registration bit.

Timing Advancer is not of Lovato brand but some Argentinian brand. They said Lovata does not manufacture the Timing Advancer bt has approved this Argentinian brand.

Any advise on my choice of brand and feedback on Eco Fuel Systems before I go ahead and convert the car to CNG through them? Planning to do this tomorrow.

Guys I have some queries-
I want to fit LPG kit in my 2007 santro,can anyone suggest which is the best lpg kit in the market?
Also,does LPG cause engine to overheat?Will I get smell of gas inside my car?What are the downsides of fitting an LPG kit?And will Hyundai dealer fit a LPG kit at authorized showroom?
Views will be much appreciated.

CNG conversion centers?

I'm looking for a few recommended places for CNG conversion?

and Auto Gas Center, Town from a friend.

Heard of any of these guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All. The quality of fitment is as important as the kit itself.An experienced and efficient mechanic can do a better job than most authorized service centers. I had my 2011 Chevy Beat fitted with Lovato CNG kit (closed loop) around 7-8 months back, and have clocked 31000 Kms til date (20+ on CNG). It costed me around 28K including RC registration. Initially there was power lag during pick up and acceleration,but that is expected. When I got it tuned from my mechanic, this problem was also solved to a great extent.

Just remember to take care of your engine. I do my weekdays driving on CNG, and weekends on petrol. Running you car, any car, on CNG all the time will eventually take the toll on the engine.

Happy Driving!

Hi Guys,

Is it suggestable to insatll CNG kit to Maruthi 800 MPFI (2003 model). My M800 already has LPG but with daily run of 60 kms and hike of LPG prices, its becoming equal to Petrol.

If so can you guys please tell me which kit, to go for and other details.

Thanks
Vijay Bhargav

Hi Guys,

Is it suggestable to insatll CNG kit to Maruthi 800 MPFI (2003 model). My M800 already has LPG but with daily run of 60 kms and hike of LPG prices, its becoming equal to Petrol.

Thanks
Vijay Bhargav
If you plan to install CNG in your vehicle instead of LPG, be prepared for power drops and mileage. Remember power drop in CNG is more than LPG. Driving range of CNG is also less. (about 1/4th of petrol).

Hi Guys,

Thanks
Vijay Bhargav
Hi Vijay,

Please confirm about the mileage your car will fetch from the person who is fitting CNG kit in your car I have seen some cars who migrated from LPG to CNG had some mileage isses.

Secondly the is a massive power drop in the machine and you really miss the power in CNG.

Now a days even CNG is not a cheap option as you could have seen in delhi the prices of CNG were Rs 60+. Later they reduced the prices due to elections but the picture may change after the elections. In Pune in June 2012 the price of CNG was 34 per Kg but now it is 47.50 per Kg So please condsider this point as well.

I have a Zen MPFI 2005 model and I went for Lovato Kit which costed me Rs 30,000 all inclusive. I have done around 35,000 Kms till now on this kit but havent faced any major issues. One tip I would like to give is every day please drive first 2 kms on petrol and then turn to CNG

yes. will save you substantially more money compared to lpg or petrol.

If you choose a good Italian kit and a trustworthy installer, there will be no problems on performance.

If your car is running perfectly on petrol, it does not matter that earlier it was also running on LPG.

Driving range on cng is usually between 1/3 to 1/2 of petrol

Top Bottom