Aftermarket Anti-Theft Alarm for Ford Fiesta

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
None of the Ford dealers has kept it. I hear strange answers whenever I call a Ford dealership to inquire about this alarm. While some of them comment that it is not possible and others advice that I have to replace the central locking unit. I'm thinking to install this from sometime and I hope it should not be difficult. However, the problem is that installing from outside will void the warranty. So I’m left with no option. Any Fiesta owners on our forum who have done this job on their car earlier?

Drive Safe,
350Z

I guess you are referring to just the speaker than sounds the alarm. If that is the case then , it's not possible to just add an alarm to existing OEM central locking. Even I am looking for the same, and when inquired TOYOTA dealer, he said entire OEM central locking would be changed and will cost 6000 +. when I inquired the aftermarket accessories shop, same answer, that I'd have to go for a complete CL change, adding just an alarm is not possible. Not sure though, how much truth is there in this.

freakdude.

Actually the only part of the OEM central locking that is used is the unit that moves the locks on the 3 doors (other than the driver). so when you install a remote locking alarm, they give you around Rs. 800 off. That's what was done when I installed a unit on my Siena.

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
It seems I would have to drop this idea now. At least unless it is possible or I find some other suitable alternative.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
Why don't you get a whole CENTRAL LOCKING (with Trigger)?
I don't wish to swap my existing central locking for this little add-on. Moreover, I doubt if Ford would do that.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fazer

Suspended
If you wish to stick with the existing central locking, I don't think it is possible to add trigger.
You can check after-market shops, they will SURELY do it.
These guys have a JUGAAD for everything! :lol!:

I am in the same dilemma with my new fiesta global.It does not make any sound while locking /unlocking. Thats is fine ,But no anti theft alarm as standard feature on a 11 lakh car ?.okay, again fine.The lack of option to install the alarm as an after market accessory is terrible.Any one tried with the local shops other than the dealers?Any luck?Any one please? Missing my Estilo badly in the central locking and the anti theft alarm part.Ford are you listening?

Last edited:

Top Bottom