Aftermarket Air Filters - worth it?

all of this has a domino effect,
if you increase performance, you must beef up the chassis components too & so on, so as you upgrade, its a never ending process.
As for upping the ante for new gen common rail diesel engines, there are lot of guys now fiddling with the ecu's & allied components related to fuel delivery.

Thread Starter #17
ilango[speed thirst];1916 said:
Yes you are true.
I thought the discussion is for general
the discussion can be in general too buddy, will help a lot of members in here.

For scorpio cold air intake systems must help, a performance clutch will add to its performace.
Other costlier jobs are porting and polishing heads. but these mod jobs will do increase power but adverse in fuel efficiency and engine life.
Well, i wont mess around with the engine as i dont want to hamper its reliabilty.

ilango[speed thirst];1916 said:
Yes you are true.
I thought the discussion is for general

For scorpio cold air intake systems must help, a performance clutch will add to its performace.
Other costlier jobs are porting and polishing heads. but these mod jobs will do increase power but adverse in fuel efficiency and engine life.
CAI, porting,polishing,performance clutch![shock] He ain't gonna race his scorpio in a competition.A stock replacement filter or a conical universal should do the job.(check his needs bro,he doesn't want to fiddle with the warranty,reliability)[:)]

Thread Starter #19
and even if i want to race, the chassis & suspension wont support all that power! then i would need to add new springs, dampers, lower the height, etc! i would better buy a saloon!

its not ilango's fault neil, his ID clearly states "sped thirst"!

Haha
raj do u know a thing. .
i drive car some what fast , no slow down even in traffic,

but in bikes i drive them so slowly in traffic and open them in highways.
thats because i learnt driving at 13 and riding at 18.
at 13 i would move my car front and rear in a garage for hours.
and it was 16 when i first took put my car . it was omni.

and its my business too hehe what you say!.

Last edited by a moderator:
1)After market filters are less restrictive, but they achieve this performance by differing filtering strategies (using oil on their filter media). Oil use on your filter element over time could damage your MAF sensing elements and result in service engine soon lights or driveability issues
2)Changes to the air cleaner itself could affect both snow and water ingestion performance, which could damage your engine.

Increase in performance-IMO Installing after market air filter with not boost up your engine horsepower in a noticeable way,but by installing other after market products like exhausts,turbo e.t.c with after market filter will give u an increase in performance.

KArthik

Top Bottom