Affective Intelligent Driving Agent (AIDA)

Thread Starter #1

I am sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that: MIT's AIDA sits on dash

Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Volkswagen of America are working on a navigation system with a real attitude: Affective Intelligent Driving Agent (AIDA) can smile, look sad, show warning signs, wink at you and even hand out drunken compliments (okay, I made that last one up).

The chunky little device with an expressive screen sits on the dash and can learn where you work and live, where your favorite grocery store is located, your favorite parts of town and sense your mood: Kind of like your own personal stalker. MIT claims the device will help drivers by being empathetic to their moods and assisting them in navigating their urban jungle.

Over time AIDA learns your favorite parts of town and makes suggestions based on information it is able to gather. For example, AIDA could notify you about a street fair and help steer you around it on your commute home or direct you towards it on a Saturday morning. One would hope that AIDA could differentiate between drivers, lest it confuse your predilection for strip clubs with your spouse's interest in visiting opium dens:That could be really awkward.

Some Pic's -

Video -

[YT]huQLyjwskQo[/YT]

Source : audireports.com

The concept is neatly explained in the video. Its interesting to see how gadgets take part in our life and make things simpler. Very cool work.

Thread Starter #6
Wont this AIDA sitting on the dash,talking with you,winking at you & all be distracting while driving ?

Wont this AIDA sitting on the dash,talking with you,winking at you & all be distracting while driving ?
Are u such a serious driver??[shock] wont you talk with your friends and family while driving!!And moreover this can be a bit of a time-pass if we are struck in some traffic!![:D]

Arun

Suspended
I was going to post this. Nice thread Neil. [:)]

Will the AIDA sulk and get angry on me like my mom if I reach late at home. [lol!]

Great going Audi! This should be standardized now!

Top Bottom